Chapter 1

Girls, Dreams, Money

 

I sat on the plane, laying my head on the window. I was bored beyond words but it was worth every thing. I would save my sick grandpa. No one knew how important my grandpa was to me. My mom died  of cancer when I was only 4. My dad died because in a horrible car crash when I was 10. My grandpa took me in when things went bad. He was there for me. We would always play hide and go seek when I was younger and he supported my dreams and still does. When I was weak he took care of me he would say, “You may be weak now but you will become stronger. A strong, good person shall heal." I wanted to do all the good things he did for me. I needed to pay for his surgery, I know he did not ask me to but family takes care of eachother and my grandpa was the only family I had left. Grandpa was the first and the band was second.

"Alice you ok?" asked  Nara. "Oh yeah, just fine," I replied. Ara, my best friend since childhood, was the only person in the group knew about my grandpa. I haven't yet told the group about what we were going to do with the money but we figured they would understand. “So what are we going to do with the money?" Lime chimed in. “Go shopping of course!" said Yooyoung. *I really hope they will understand..* “Maybe we should  talk about .. the …..the ….. song were going to sing." I said changing the subject. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot." said Lime. I sat back in relief. I did not  want to bring up the money situation. I mean I know I should tell them soon and all but I am waiting for the right time. They are my friends they should understand right? 

“Wait maybe Alice should pick the song." I heard Yoonjo say. "Oh no, its okay." I replied.  “Come on please, please?" she begged. “No fair. I should get to pick it. I never get to." Yooyoung pouted. “You always pick the song." said Ara and Lime in unison. "Fine..“ Yooyoung sighed.

“Please fasten your seatbelts, we are preparing for landing." we heard the pilot say. "Yay! I cant wait. I want to go swimming first. No shopping!" Yooyoung excalimed. The guy sitting behind her kicked her seat and shushed her. "Meanie." Yooyoung huffed turning around and shooting him an evil look before turning back around in her seat.

----

Soon the plane landed and we all walked off. *One step closer to GDM* We walked to the car we rented, well that I rented since every one needed their money.  “Lets go Alice." said Yooyoung pushing me faster to the car. “Ok,ok."  I said laughing. We soon reached the car and I hopped into the passengers seat. It was Yooyoung's turn to drive. Everyone sighed as they got into the car, we already regretted agreeing to take turns driving. "Ready?" asked  Yooyoung.  “Not really.."  we all replied. “Stop being such babies." she said stepping as hard as she could on the pedals and speeding out of the lot. “Slow down!" shouted Nara. “We are driving faster then the titanic sank!"  I looked back to see Nara screaming, Ara playing with her phone, Yoonjo nodding off and Lime picking some green stuff out of her teeth. When Yooyoung then made a sharp turn causing me to join Nara in screaming.

After an hour we finally got to the hotel. "Here!" Yooyoung shouted. "Finally." I replied jumping out of the car  falling into the grass. "Alice you okay?" Ara asked. They all ran out of the car and ran to my side. I sat on the grass, "Yeah but the grass wont be.." I gagged. “What is it?" Yooyoung asked walking around from the other side of the car, she quickly realized what was going on. “She is going to blow!"  she yelled running back into the car. After resting for a couple minutes my stomach calmed down and I was able to stand up with the help of Ara holding my arm.“Did she explode?" asked Yooyoung. "No I am right here," I replied shakily. "Oh good."

We all grabbed our bags out of the car, Ara helped me with mine, and made our way to the hotel we would be staying at. “Zelo!?!" Yoonjo shouted, quite out of character for our calm and quiet friend. "What, who?" I asked turning around. “What are they doing here?“ I asked. "Im sure they're here for the competition too." Yoonjo sighed. "I know because they are signing up right now." Ara stated glancing over at Jongup at the register table. “Ugh." we all said in unison. We all hated B.A.P, they always won and had beat us last year, they act like they are better then every one else. “Well look who it is." said Daehyun walking to us. "Whats up wannabes?" Youngguk laughed. "Don’t tell me your in the compition too.” he smirked.“Whats it to you?" Lime defensively asked. It was silent for a few minutes as we stared eachother down then he started laughing."HAHAHA! Why do you wannabes even try? You know you're just going to get smoked. This is not like a game of 'Sorry' this is no joke.” "Then why are you here?" Yooyoung agrily replied. 

"Burn!" We all turned to see who had interupted our conversation and were suprised at who it was. "Zelo." Yongguk said. "Sorry." the maknae replied. Sensing the tension between the his leader and maknae Daehyun was quick to speak. 'Hey guys, lets go. We don’t want to be seen with failures," and with that the three turned and walked away. "Don't worry girls, we are going to win, no matter what." Ara encouraged once they were out of sight.

------

We walked into our hotel room, the hotel was packed with contestants so we were stuck sharing one room. I laid down on one of the two beds and put a pillow over my face. Lime and Yooyoung were on the other bed fighting over the remote as they flipped through tv channels when there was a knock at the door. "Would you mind getting that Alice?" Nara asked. I sighed and stood up and walked the few steps to the door. "Jongup!?" I exclaimed when I opened the door to see a completely unexpected face. "Is Yooyoung there?" he asked, completely ignoring me and looking past me into the room. "Yooyoung, its for you!" I yelled. "Coming," she said. "Who is it?" she asked as she skipped over. I ignored her question and walked back over to the bed to lay back down. "You two have a nice chat." I yelled over before putting my pillow back over my face. "Sorry about my friend, shes really tired.." I heard Yooyoung say before I toned them out and fell asleep.