CHAPTER ONE - TaeYeon's POV

[ONE-SHOT] 7989

"So, how's your date yesterday?" Tiffany asked with full curiosity.

 

She looked at Tiffany then to her other friends. Jessica, YuRi and Sunny are also looking at her with curiosity on their eyes.

 

"What?!" She said glaring at her friends. It's sooo awkward them asking her about her date!

 

"Oh." Tiffany simply said like she went up to a simple conclusion.

 

"What's with the "oh"?" YuRi asked with full curiosity  to Tiffany.

 

"It means," Tiffany answered then pointed at me. "her date yesterday passed like a blur."

 

At what Tiffany said, their friends' attention turn to her that makes her squirm uncomfortably.

 

"It's.. It's not that.. bad." She countered.

 

"I think, Tiffany is right." Jessica suddenly added.

 

"Why do you think?" Sunny asked Jessica.

 

"Hello?! I'm here!" She sarcastically said to her friends. It annoys her because they're like talking like she's not there.

 

Jessica laugh at my reaction and answered. "Because her aura today looks "normal"."

 

They all look at Jessica like she's speaking an out of this world language. She just laugh at our expressions.

 

"What I mean is that she's not grinning like a fool to us like she has this y things in mind or something." Jessica explained. "And I know why." And added.

 

"What are you talking about?" She asked. Don't have any idea what Jessica means with what she said. Even Tiffany, Sunny and YuRi are looking at her with a weird expressions.

 

"You're talking in riddles, Jessie." Tiffany commented.

 

"That's what I'm good at." Jessica answered with a shrug and knowing smile. Then her phone rang.

 

"Oppa!" Jessica look at  her when she answered the call. "I'm doing fine... Yeah.. She's here." Then she handed me her the phone tom my surprise.

 

"Hello?" She answered nervously.

 

"Hey, it's me. I called you but you're not answering your phone." Onew said on the other line. 

 

She looks at Jessica who by the was smiling at her sheepishly then to others. She simply excused herself and went out of the cafe.

 

"Onew Oppa." She said. Can't help but smile at hearing his voice. And realized that she missed him. 

 

"Yes, it's me. You're not answering my question, young lady." Onew said in an authoritative tone but she knows he is smiling on the other line. 

 

 

Onew. Jessica's cousin. The guy she grew up with. Went to her prom as her . Her defender, critic, pseudo-brother, friend, her number one supporter, and sometimes act like her father. She felt a giddy feeling inside her. Oh she forgot, he's drop dead gorgeous. Too bad, he only looks at her like how he looks at Jessica. A family. A little sister.

 

 

"Earth to TaeYeon." He said on the other line that stop her imagination about him. 

 

"Oppa, I thought you're still in Singapore for a business conference." She said.

 

"I just got off the plan actually." He said with a chuckle.

 

She giggled at what he said. Then stop herself. Did she just giggle?! She don't like to giggle foe pete's sake!

 

"TaeYeaon-ah? Still there?" Onew again said on the other line.

 

"Yes, I'm still here." She answered trying to stop imagining "some things" about him. 

 

"I though I lost you there." Onew said. She even heard him take out a deep breath much to her confusion.

 

"Oh." All she could say because her heart began to beat faster than normal. Why do I have to feel this way every time towards him? She wanted to cry. Because she just realized that unknowingly fell in love with him and he'll never see her in a romantic way. She couldn't help but let out a sigh that Onew heard to her embarrassment. 

 

"Something wrong, baby?" Onew asked in a worried tone.

 

"Uhm.. Nothing, Oppa." She said trying not to blush.

 

"Sure?"

 

"Yes." She said with a smile.

 

"Okay. Are you free later? Have dinner with me?"

 

Suddenly felt her heart skip a mile. "I would love to." When she realized what she said she felt her cheeks  turn to red. "Ahm... Sure, Oppa." She added trying to sound casual but she knows she failed.

 

"Me too, baby. See you later." Onew answered.

 

"Okay." Then she disconnected the call.

 

She smiled at the thought of seeing him later. Oh she missed him though it's only a few days since she last saw him.  THIS is bad. Real bad. She said to her self. She composed herself .

 

 

When she went back to her friends, they look at her with full curiosity and teasing smiles. She tried not to be affected. Really tried.

 

"Now, you know what I mean?" Jessica simply said while sipping her latte.

 

"Yeah." Sunny, YuRi and Tiffany said at the same time.

 

And to her amazement, her friends laugh at the same time. Crazy friends, I have.