Coffee

Behind the Spotlights {Oneshot Collection}

A/N: Not my best work and undeniabky short but I tried. *le sigh* This one's for all the YoonTae shippers out there tho!

======

"Cut!"

I sighed in relief as the director gave the signal to end the day's shoot. I greeted everyone goodbye and rode the car back to the dorm.

I was woken up by manager and was not surprised to see nobody home. Once again, I sighed.

I was Im Yoona, face of Girls' Generation. I had eight other members but still felt quite alone at that time. I don't blame them. Not at all. Truthfully, I blame myself. I was the one with unusual working hours so I couldn't promote 'The Boys' with them most of the time. I was the one who ignored their questions when I got home because I was too tired. I was the one who didn't make efforts at all.

I guess solo activities cause groups to drift apart somehow. Or maybe it was just me.

"Yoona, have you eaten?" I heard someone ask. "Taeyeon unni?" I gasped in surprise at our tiny leader in pajamas. She nodded and gave me a sleepy smile.

"I didn't know you were here. Don't you have a schedule right now?"

"I was supposed to be recording songs for the new sub-unit but my throat isn't at its best condition so they sent me home. Now, answer me. Have you eaten?"

I shook my head and she led me to the dining table. I saw that it was full of my favorite food. "Unni.."

"Sshh, just eat." she said with a motherly smile.

"But unni! How could you prepare all this?"

"It's nothing. I just knew you came home at this time so I prepared a little something."

I could feel tears in my eyes but fought it back and ate everything she prepared. She chuckled and I heard her say "shikshin #2" under her breath while preparing two cups of coffee.

We sat in the living room, quietly drinking our coffee.

"Unni, I've been a bad member haven't I?"

"Yes." she said tersely.  I looked down in shame.

"But it isn't entirely your fault. I guess you could have tried a little more to spend time with us but we know how tiring your schedule is. Don't worry, Yoona. We understand."

"I'm sorry, unni." I said, tears running down my cheeks.

"Yoona, stop crying. We've all been bad members at some point. Mistakes are a part of life. Also, I already told you that we understand your reasons." I could feel her warm hug and slowly began feeling better.

I was happy the members understood but I wasn't going to let them feel ignored any longer. I loved them and if this drama was going to go in between our friendship then I'd rather not do it.

"Don't worry, unni. I'll make sure it won't ever happen again." I gave her a teary smile.

*****

Okay, so I didn't drop the drama. I wanted to but the members all scolded me about letting go of a great opportunity.

Instead, I began conversing with the members more. I replied to their texts more often and told them stories about the drama. Whenever they talked to me and I really felt tired, I'd give them a pout and they'd tuck me into bed. Maknae teased me that I was taking her role but prepared me health drinks whenever she could.

I dropped by their schedules a lot to cheer them on. I read a few comments calling me an attention seeker but I really didn't care.

What I cared about was that my relationship with the girls was stronger than ever and it was all thanks to that coffee with Taeyeon unni.