Sequel: Never Give Up

Dancing in the Rain

 

Boom, boom, boom.

The bass echoed through his body as he walked through the club and sat at the bar. He asked the bartender for the usual and checked out the girls in the room. His eyes landed on one girl sitting at the other end of the bar, who seemed to have been having quite the drinking fest by herself. With a smirk, he checked her out, eyes running up and down her body as she ran a hand through her long, beautiful hair. Definitely his type.

Deciding on his target, he asked the bartender to offer a drink to the pretty lady on the other end, his treat. He watched intently as she raised her eyebrow in confusion as the bartender brought her another drink. Before she could accept or reject it, he strolled over casually, taking the seat next to her.

“What’s a pretty lady doing here drinking by herself on a weeknight?” he flirted shamelessly. She laughed, her voice slightly slurred as she stared at the drink he had bought her.

“I’m guessing this is from you, kind sir?” she asked, holding the bottle up at him with a mysterious smile.

“Would you like to share it?” he questioned back, closing in on her. She held the bottle between them, pushing his face back.

“I will have to decline, thank you for the thought though~” she sweetly responded, handing the alcohol back to him before taking another sip of her own.

“Oh, come on~ why don’t you have some fun with me?” he insisted, attempting to push the alcohol back at her.

“He’ll get upset~” she chimed cutely with a pair of pouting lips.

“He?”

“Me.”

A pair of muscular arms encircled her waist as the presence of another male entered the confrontation. She wasn’t the least bit fazed even smiling at the shot of alcohol in her hand as he hung over her shoulder, sending an electrifying glare at the flirting male.

“Get lost before I break your arms. She’s off-limits,” he growled out, immediately making his point clear and blunt.

The stranger didn’t need to be told twice. He took off without another word. He preferred his arms attached to his body.

Once the nameless male was gone, she giggled, tilting her head to the side to get a better look at the fuming boyfriend of hers.

“You’re late,” she told him plainly, but left him a short kiss on his cheek.

“I’m not. I left immediately after you called me. You’re the one that came here before me. Are you trying to get hit on?” he questioned playfully with a shake of his head. She pouted at him. “Hey, I was kidding.”

He took the seat next to her and noticed the strange abundance of alcohol in front of her. As she tried to take another shot, he took the cup from her and finished it for her.

“Ah~! YongGookie~! That was mine!” she whined, but he just stared at her.

“What’s up?”

 She pouted, slumping into her chair.

“I quit my job.”

He just stared at her, waiting for her explanation.

She angrily tossed her arms around, almost knocking over the glasses.

“He hired me for my face! How am I supposed to be taken seriously when everyone knew that’s how I got the job?! Is that really all I’m good for?” she cried out in frustration, running a hand through her hair, tears in her eyes on the verge of coming out. “…I worked hard for my position…is my face all that matters to people?”

She looked back at him with a frown. His eyes were unreadable for a few moment as he stared at her blankly before he smiled, grabbing her wrist and running out of the club.

“Ah! YongGookie! Where are we going?” she questioned, quickly grabbing her purse before he could bolt out with her in tow. He didn’t answer and just led her away in the middle of the night. For a few minutes, they ran in silence as YongGook refused to answer her question.

He finally stopped in front of a park. She raised an eyebrow and cocked her head, bewildered. What were they here for?

As she stared at the empty space before her, YongGook took out his phone and put his playlist on shuffle, blasting music as loudly as he could, placing it on the side. JiEun turned around at the sound of music playing only to be shoved gently forward by YongGook.

She gasped in a mixture of utter shock and absolute confusion as her presence set off the water fountains built into the ground, soaking her immediately. JiEun felt like a misfortunate bystander getting hit by a bunch of sprinklers being all at once just as she walked past.

“Bang YongGook! What is the meaning of this?!” she exclaimed in irritation. He merely smiled boyishly at her fury, grabbing her hand and leading her farther into the fountains…while…dancing? JiEun quickly forgot why she was upset because she once more tried to comprehend what was going on. She squealed when he twirled her around once before rocking out to the music he had put on. He bobbed his head and flailed his arms around. JiEun couldn’t help but laugh, following him soon after. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace.

“Just let go every now and then. You look like the type with a lot of stress in their life,” he quoted from their first meeting with a warm smile before continuing.

“You’re a smart, hard-working girl, JiEunnie. Anyone that can’t see that is blind or jealous. I know how much you wanted that job, but just because one person is a ing idiot and doesn’t appreciate you for everything you’re worth, doesn’t mean you’re only worth how much he saw you for,” he explained as he brushed the wet strands of her hair out of her face so he could see the beautiful, bright eyes that he loved so much. She leaned her head against his hand with a thankful smile.

“Let’s dance?” he offered, holding her hand out with a slight bow as if asking her to waltz with him despite the fountains still going off, soaking both of them to the bone at that point. She accepted his hand and once more the two began frolicking through the fountain. JiEun mischievously ran off to the middle, sticking her tongue out at him, taunting him. He smirked, chasing right after her as she “tried” to get away from him.

In that moment, she had forgotten why she was upset, too busy reminiscing about their first meeting with a smile especially since she was soaked head to toe. Distracted by her own thoughts, YongGook quickly caught up to her, trapping her with his arms around her waist, and proceeded to punish her for running by picking her up and spinning her in a circle.

She merely laughed, demanding he put her down. Content with hearing her sweet laughter, he placed her back on her feet.

As the two of them finally calmed down, YongGook smiled down at her, showing off his cute, pink gums, taking off his jacket and placing them around her shoulders, pulling the hood down over her eyes.

She was almost in tears in sentimental.

He recreated their first meeting right before her eyes to cheer her up.

But instead of pushing her hood up like she had the first time, she blindly walked forward with her arms out towards him. He hugged her into his chest as she clung onto him tightly, resting his head on top of hers.

“Thank you…” was all she could say.

“Thank you,” he said back. She cocked her head up at him, curious what he was thanking her for. He caught her lips gently for just a few seconds before pulling back and whispering, “…for being with me.”

She breathed in his scent deeply, just appreciating his comfortable aura for a few seconds before leaning up and capturing his lips in a searing kiss. He was surprised by her initiative but more than willingly returned her demand. She literally took his breath away as he panted heavily when they pulled apart again.

JiEun giggled at how cute he looked lost and uncertain of what just happened.

He stared down at her smiling face, slightly flushed from the alcohol she had earlier, before traveling down the rest of her body.

“Damn, how did I get so lucky?” he whispered to himself, but JiEun had caught it, smiling.

“Why do I feel luckier?”

With a chuckle, he decided not to start a useless banter over who was luckier and advised, “Let’s get going before you catch a cold.”

She agreed, leaving him one more lingering kiss on the cheek before walking before him. He stood there, smiling stupidly for a few seconds, before catching up with her.

They walked hand in hand back to the apartment.

As to what happened that night after they got back?

Well, we’ll just leave that to your imagination.



 

 

I decided to do a sequel. XD

This is really the end.

I’m out of ideas for this now. :P

~Kira :3