Dancing in the Rain

Dancing in the Rain

 

“Aish, I don’t want to!”

“Oh, YongGookieeee~ come oooooon~”

YongGook glared daggers at the younger male, who he could have sworn was younger than Zelo, currently making a disgusting pouting face at him while wiggling back and forth.

“HimChan, stop that or I’ll really punch you in the face.”

“Please, please, please! You need to get out more! And there’s gonna be soooooo many cute girls there!” HimChan begged, pulling on YongGook’s arm. With a scoff, he yanked his arm out of HimChan’s hold.

“What are we talking about?” JunHong curiously asked, popping in between the two with bright innocent eyes.

“Ah, nothing for you, get lost, JunHongie,” HimChan shooed, waving his hand dismissively at JunHong. But the boy wasn’t to be deterred that easily as he turned to YongGook with pleading eyes, wanting to know what’s going on.

“Channie’s trying to drag me to a party. You know I’m no good with people…let alone girls…” YongGook stated with a roll of his eyes as HimChan’s stubborn persistence.

“Oh! Party?! I want to go! Take me!” JunHong gasped in excitement, raising his hand and bouncing. HimChan forcibly threw JunHong’s hand down.

“You’re underaged, you can’t come,” HimChan scolded, glaring at YongGook as if saying, ‘Don’t even try to make it happen.’

“Oi, you didn’t have to be so harsh. Come on, JunHongie, let’s go rent a movie or something. I’m not going,” YongGook told HimChan, grabbing JunHong, ready to exit.

“I WON’T NAG YOU FOR A WEEK!”

YongGook froze at the door.

He whipped around and pointed at HimChan with a suspicious eye.

“A month.”

“Aish, are you serious?!”

“Have fun by yourself~”

“Okay, okay, call! But could you at least dress up a little?”

“Whatever you say, Princess.”

~

And that’s how YongGook was in the situation he was currently in.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head at the sight of HimChan, chatting up a group of girls. His eyes stayed glued on his friend from afar as he took a sip of his beer. Seriously, what was the point of bringing him if he was just gonna leave him to go play with his hoes? Eh, whatever, if this was gonna get HimChan to shut up for a month, it was totally worth it. YongGook was thankful for his high tolerance for alcohol since he would probably be the one that had to drive home later at the rate HimChan seemed to be chugging his alcohol.

With a deep breath, he stared at the bonfire in the middle of the camping area as the music blasted into the night sky. He had to admit that it was a nice atmosphere if not for the horde of obnoxious college students. Really, he preferred being a solitary person and would rather not be a part of these types of gatherings.

Especially because he felt awkward with the few girls that were trying to hit on him (clearly drunk out of their minds since they were barely able to coherent sentences anymore nor walk straight). He just shot them a glare and moved away as swiftly as possible. He wasn’t interested in party girls. They were trouble. Definitely not his type.

“Well, you seem to be the only other person here that’s still conscious.”

He turned to the surprisingly articulate voice.

His eyes widened as she smiled at him.

Weird, his heart didn’t usually beat this fast regardless of how pretty the girl is. But for some reason, just one glance at this mysterious beauty caused his heart to race. She had a light shade of make-up on that enhanced her doe-like eyes and her radiant smile.

He shook his head and responded, “Yeah…”

Without saying anything else, he turned back to the bonfire, unintentionally acting as if he wasn’t interested. Truthfully, he was just feeling extremely awkward because he wasn’t used to talking to pretty girls, especially not ones he was interested in. …not that he was interested in her. No, he was just glad that there was at least one sane girl at this place.

When he turned away from her, she blinked and puffed her cheeks, slightly irritated at being ignored. She was curious though. He was the only person at the party not hitting on anything with a (like HimChan). So she cocked her head sideways in front of his face with a laugh.

“Is the fire more interesting than me?”

Shocked at how close she was, he jumped back and cleared his throat, looking away. This caused her to pout again.

“Maybe we got off on the wrong foot? My name is Song JiEun. It’s nice to meet you,” she greeted with a small tilt of her head politely.

Taken aback by her politeness, he greeted back, “My name is Bang YongGook. It’s nice to meet you, Song JiEun-sshi.”

“You don’t seem like the kind of person that enjoys these kinds of events. What brings you here?”

YongGook cocked his head back at HimChan, flirting with way too many girls at the same time. “Unfortunate close relationship with a cheesy flirt that can’t say no to girls.”

JiEun giggled, “Ah, how funny! I got dragged here by my friends too. In fact…I don’t even know where they went anymore…they better not have left…I’m their designated driver!”

At the extremely serious look on her face, YongGook couldn’t help but let out a shy laugh. She blushed a bit, wondering if she said something weird, but felt her chest warm up at his adorable smile, showing off a little bit of his gums.

“Hey! Let’s dance!”

His smile disappeared in a second as his eyes widened at her request.

“Neh?”

“Just for fun! Come on!” she insisted with a pleading smile, staring straight into his wary eyes.

“I’m not…a dancer…”

“Neither am I. Just for fun, please, pleaaaaase?” she begged with a puppy dog pout. For a second, YongGook was reminded of HimChan…except her aeygo was actually working on him (HimChan: WAE?!). So he conceded with a sigh, motioning her forward like a gentleman. She jumped ecstatically, grabbing his wrist and dragging him forward. Oh god, this was gonna end horribly. He couldn’t dance, let alone dance with someone else. Not to mention, based on the general atmosphere, everyone seemed to be mostly just grinding on each other rather than dancing necessarily. He didn’t have a chance to turn back though as she immediately bounced to the music once she got on the “dance” floor. He blinked in confusion as she just did her own thing. Unsure of what to do, he tried to copy her movements, which emitted laughter out of her. He could only laugh back awkwardly at his current predicament. How did this girl just convince him to do this again? This was against everything he normally veered away from.

But instead of leaving him feeling awkward, she grabbed his hand and continued their silly dance. Unbeknownst himself, a small smile appeared on his face again as he danced with her, slowly breaking out of his shell and letting loose. Shyly, he laughed again, covering his mouth with the back of his other hand as he held her smaller hand.

Suddenly, an unexpected downpour fell right on top of them.

Everyone started running madly everywhere for their cars, cover, anything, just to get out of the rain. It wasn’t hard enough to throw the fire out but the place had pretty much evacuated within seconds. The girls were trying to cover their faces so their make-up didn’t run and the guys were trying to care for their girls to make sure THEY didn’t run.

Laughter.

He stopped and just watched as JiEun twirled happily, not caring about anything. His heart skipped a beat when she opened her shimmering eyes at him. He gravitated towards her with a smile, taking off his jacket and throwing it over her so she wasn’t getting soaked directly by the rain. Playfully, he pulled the hood over her head a little lower than necessary so she couldn’t see in front of her. She was much smaller than him so his jacket engulfed her whole upper half. When she pushed the hood up so she could see, she used the sleeve to do so rather than her hand, which was too far down the sleeve to be of use.

She gave him a grateful smile and was able to thank him verbally when he suddenly leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

If she was surprised by this unexpected development, YongGook was even more shocked at himself. He didn’t know what possessed him to do it.

But if anyone asked, he was gonna blame the alcohol even if he didn’t have nearly enough to cloud his judgment.

He was expecting to get slapped.

He was expecting to get told off.

He was expecting all sorts of negative reactions in his head.

And sure as hell wasn’t expecting her to just smile and kiss him back.

His hand naturally cupped her cheek as he on her lips while her hands traveled up to grab a fist full of his shirt. She leaned her head to the side for a better angle as she kissed him back with just as much vigor. This only lasted for a moment before they pulled away, hearing the raindrops beat down on the ground around them to the rhythm of their hearts.

YongGook felt awkward again.

In the confusion of everything, he forgot who he was and where he was. But now that reality had hit him again, he felt awkward. Why did he do that? Oh god, what was he supposed to do now?

She cocked her head up at him and laughed, seemingly perceptive of his awkwardness.

“You don’t always need to figure things out. Just let go every now and then,” she told him with a warm smile. “You look like the type with a lot of stress in their life.”

He blinked in shock at the accuracy in her statements.

“Would you like to drop me off at my apartment? It seems my friend ditched me when it started to pour,” YongGook requested once he finally took a look around and found no one there. “Umm…that wasn’t an invitation for…anything…I have a…friend there if that makes you feel less awkward.”

When she glanced around, she also noticed that no one else was around.

“I guess my friends had left me too…”

He smiled, still holding her hand from when they were dancing earlier, never letting go through the whole “ordeal.”

With abnormal confidence, he leaned forward and whispered in her ear, “Or if you would like, I can kick him out of my apartment so it’s just you and me.”

She shivered, biting her lip, looking up to see him smirking ily down at her.

“I wouldn’t mind taking you back.”

Poke.

“But don’t push your luck, Bang YongGook-sshi!” she warned with an angry pout, poking him in the nose.

He laughed at her action and agreed.

For some reason…

This just felt right.

~

JunHong blinked rapidly, rubbing his eyes wondering if maybe he was sleep walking and not fully awake. But after staring for an uncomfortable few more seconds, he gasped, bowing 90° immediately greeting JiEun, “H-H-Hello, JiEun-noona! My name is Choi JunHong. It’s nice to meet you! YongGookie-hyung has…never brought a girl here before.”

The younger boy shut up and ran off after one commanding glare from YongGook.

“Never brought a girl?”

YongGook scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably, nodding his head.

“I’m…no good with girls…”

She smiled, leaving a kiss on his cheek.

“Seem fine to me~” she giggled at his shy reaction before whispering. “Give me a call some time when you’re free~”

YongGook blinked, staring down at the piece of paper she left in his hand before leaving through the door.

What just happened?

“Hyung! Are you getting laid?!”

His eyes flared up at JunHong, who knew that meant, ‘you better get back in your room and shut up,’ which he took as his cue to leave and as the answer to his question a maybe.

After JunHong left, he looked down at the paper, scribbled with her number on it in cute bubbly handwriting.

He smiled.

Perhaps he’ll give her a call tomorrow.

 


 

 

Lol.

What?

I dunno.

*shrugs*

*dies*

The things B.A.P do to me.

~Kira :3