The Sweetest Lullaby

The Sweetest Lullaby

“Appa. I can’t sleep.” Yerin walked into our room, rubbing her eyes with her small fist. Yesung smiled down at her and patted the space between us for her to come and lay down. She smiled and crawled up the bed, plopping down in between us. She layed back and stared intently up at her father adoringly. She knew what was coming and happily anticipated it. Yesung smiled down at her lovingly and reached down to brush her hair back. He opened his mouth and began to sing softly; so beautiful and wonderful. His voice filled the room with a beautiful melody: a soothing lullaby for our baby girl. Yerin smiled up at him, already her eyes becoming droopy. She snuggled closer to him and I saw him smile a little wider; his eyes a little kinder. She sighed and finally allowed her eyelids to fall closed. I smiled as I watched them.

This was often a weekly routine for them. She would come in complaining that she couldn’t sleep. He would smile and tell her to come and lie down. She would comply happily; totally in love with her father’s voice. Yesung continued to sing as she began to drift off into dreamland. twisted up into a small, contented smile. He reached down, still singing, and brushed his hand over her forehead and swept her hair from her face lovingly. He absolutely adored our daughter, which was easy to see. He was never bothered by her inability to sleep; never annoyed or refused her. He was happy to sing for her. It was one way that he could show his love for her. And I never minded. I loved to hear him sing.

He has the most glorious voice. I fell in love with that voice ages ago. And getting to see him acting so sweet and loving towards our precious daughter just made my heart soar, as I’m sure his did as he sang for her. This girl was loved, with no doubt, by her father. He doted on her in anyway possible, but singing was his favorite way to show his love.

I watched the two of them, totally content and happy. His voice began to soften and lower, signaling the end of his lullaby. I smiled as I watched her sleep soundly between us, clutching to her father’s hand. He slowly ended the song and silence filled the room. I looked up at him and his eyes also dared to break away from his beautiful daughter. He smiled over at me,

“Why aren’t you asleep?” I smiled,

“That was her lullaby. I wanted to hear it.” He smiled and sighed slightly,

“You’re supposed to sleep too.”

“Then sing me a lullaby.” He smiled,

“It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? Since I sang you to sleep?” I nodded. He leaned across and touched my cheek, trailing his hand down my chin before pushing down on my shoulder, “Lay down. I’m going to sing you a lullaby.” I smiled and did as I was told. “Close your eyes.” I shook my head and he chuckled. “You need to close your eyes to go to sleep,” he whispered, so as not to wake our Yerin.

“But I want to see you.” He smiled,

“I know. But just close your eyes now. I’ll be the last thing you see at night and the first thing you see in the morning. I promise.” I pouted slightly and he sighed, a small smile twitching at his lips. He leaned over and kissed my lips softly, “Now will you listen?” I sighed and closed my eyes. I could practically feel his gaze; never leaving me. I waited patiently for the familiar tune to ring throughout the room. A moment later, it was there; his rich voice saturated the air around me. I sighed in content as he sang. He took my hand in his and ran his thumb along the back of it in slow, soothing circles. I could feel myself relax; totally wrapped up in him; in his voice. I felt so safe and secure; I knew I was. So this is what she feels everynight: the absolute love and protection of her father. He continued to my hand and I smiled, gently falling asleep. It’s so lovely to hear his lullaby: his sweet, sweet lullaby.

 

 

--------------------------------------

Hi!~

Thank you all for reading this! It was just something I came up with one night while trying to go to sleep. I would just love it if Yesung sang me a lullaby. And honestly, seeing dads with their daughters is seriously just about the sweetest thing ever. So, I wanted Yesung to be super sweet with his daughter. :D

And I actually chose the daughters name because of a super cute little girl on youtube. You should watch the video of her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCQpjUrCe8 

So cute! XD

Haha, but I actually noticed later that its like a mix of my name and Yesung... Kinda worked out perfectly! XD I

I hope you liked it! I'd love to hear your comments!