First Day

Battle

Key and Minho had gotten to the new house first the next day. Minho doing the bulk of moving boxes in while Key directed him. "Just where is Kim Jonghyun anyway? We agreed to meet here at ten and start moving. And what about the other two?", Key complained. Minho muttered something under his breath about them being the smart ones as he lugged the boxes to what Key designated as his room.

"Hello? Anyone home?", a light voice called from the front door.

"Well, it's our home, so since we're here, doesn't that mean someone's home?", another said.

Key and Minho went down the stairs and saw Onew and Taemin, each carrying a cardboard box. "It's about time that you two arrived. It's almost noon", he said. Taemin gave a shy smile and looked away, while Onew smiled widely and boldly. "Sorry, but, since we just got here yesterday, all of our stuff was already packed. The stuff we travelled with, anyway."

"Wasn't there another person?", Taemin asked, looking through his long bangs. 

Key scoffed. "What other person? Everyone who's supposed to be here is here. If there was anyone else, they'd come on time", he crossed his arms and held his head up high.

"You can't go too long without badmouthing me, can you?", Jonghun said as he walked in, carrying a few suitcases. 

"I wouldn't have to if you did something worth praising", Key countered.

"You two are really good friends, aren't you?", Onew commented.

"Friends, nothing. I've been stuck with him since birth. We might as well be betrothed for how stuck we are", Key said.

"You want a nice ring, right?", Jonghyun grinned. "I'll work hard to get you a big diamond, honey~"

"Just move in already! I labelled the rooms so you know where to go", Key said to them. "Minho, I still have some things to bring in, let's go."

"Of course you do....", Minho finally spoke up, albeit softly and followed behind Key.

The five young men continued to move their things into the house, each taking up space in one of the five bedrooms. They had mostly finished by lunch time and sat down around the table, eating some chicken that was delivered. Jonghyun, Key, and Minho looked on with different expressions when they saw the way Onew devoured his helping. Taemin just ate as if this behavior was normal.

They finished their lunch and got back to moving things around. Byt the time the sun began to set, everything was in its place. Minho and Jonghyun laid down on the living room floor, not only arranging their own, but also Key's things. Taemin and Onew's belongings weren't as abundant, considering that they had no idea when they travelled, that they would be moving into a new house.

"We should be spending this down time getting to know each other", Onew suggested. "We will be training and learning from each other from now on, after all."

Jonghyun sat up. "And how should we do that?"

"We could play a game", Onew said with a smile.

"Look! A shooting star!", Taemin exclaimed, pointing out the window. He closed his eyes, making a secret wish.

Jonghyun smiled and got up to pat Taemin's head. "You're kinda cute."

Key rolled his eyes and went to see the star. "It's a strange looking. Not like any shooting star I've seen..."

Suddenly, the "star" split into five smaller lights, prompting a gasp from the three of them. Onew and Minho got up to see. 

"What is that?", Minho asked. 

The lights fell with a loud crash in the distance. "We should go and check it out", Jonghyun said, going towards the door to get his shoes.

"Why should we get involved?", Key questioned. "It could be dangerous."

"We're supposed to be learning these martial arts for defense, right? We might need to defend others from whatever crashed", Jonghyun reasoned.

"What if it's just a rock?", Key raised an eyebrow.

"Then it's just a rock", Onew said, joining Jonghyun in getting his shoes on.

"There could be radiation!", Key warned.

Taemin walked over and grabbed his shoes. "Does this mean my wish won't come true?"

"Only one way to find out", Jonghyun said as he opened the door.

Key crossed his arms and looked at Minho, who only sighed and shrugged before putting his shoes on and walking out with the others. Key gave a huff and put on his own shoes and followed behind them. Onew led the way, following the white glow.They came upon the crash site and saw five trenches, at the end of which, five young boys laid unconscious. 

"Aliens?", Onew questioned in a whisper.

"Must be", Jonghyun agreed. "To fall like that and be glowing like this...."

"We need to call someone!", Key said urgently. As the words left his mouth, the strange boys began to move. They sat up, shaking the dirt off and stood, looking around curiously.

"Look there!", one said, pointing to the ones who came to inspect them.

"There's five of them."

"Just like us."

"Are they like us?"

There was a moment of silence as the ten of them watched each other. "Are you all okay?", Taemin asked, stepping forward.

"'Okay'?", one of the young boys echoed with a confused expression.

"Look at those lights!", another exclaimed, pointing at the city.

"I don't know what it is, but it looks like fun!"

"Let's go!"

Suddenly, the shot up in the sky and five brilliant, white lights hurtled towards the city. Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin stood there with awed expressions.

"Definitely aliens", Onew said.

"If others see them, there'll be a panic. We have to go to the city!", Jonghyun said as he began to run.