Meanwhile, On Earth

Battle

"Hey, come on, let's go!"

"Say that when you're done cleaning up this mess."

"What mess? It's all neat!"

".....That magazine is crooked."

"Now you're just playing with me."

Two young men stood in a living room. One, rubbing his temples, the other, crossing his arms. The first had dark hair that was styled so that half was brushed to the side, and the other side was shaved. The second's hair was simply black and spiked.

"It's clean, now let's go!"

"Kim Jonghyun! We're having important guests over and I won't have my family dishonored because you can't clean up after yourself."

"Was it that serious that you had to use my whole name? And who talks like that nowadays? A crooked magazine isn't going to dishonor your family. Come on Key, we've got like four hours before they get here. Let's get some lunch."

Key sighed before giving a nod. "Fine, let's go. Let's call up Minho too."

"Nah, he's probably still training. It's about two, so yeah, it's practice time."

Key was already dialing a number into his cell phone as he left the room. Jonghyun followed behind. After a few seconds of talking, Key hung up. 

"He's training isn't he?", Jonghyun asked with a grin.

The other was silent as he put his shoes on. But he didn't need to say a word anyway. He and Jonghyun knew each other long enough that at times, talking wasn't necessary. They left the large estate and went out to eat. After some time, they parted ways to their respective homes to prepare for the important meeting.

At around six pm, Two other families joined in Key's home. Altogether, there was the Choi family, and the two Kim families. it consisted of the parents and their heirs, all boys. They sat in a room large enough to hold them plus more. Everyone was seated at a low table, dressed in traditional clothing. Jonghyun tried scratching himself every so often, but ended up being pinched under the table by Key, who sat next to him.

Before long, a servant enter the room, bowing lowly. "Presenting, the families Lee." Everyone else stood and bowed in acknowledgement as two new families came in.They bowed as well and everyone took a seat. 

"I am the Kim patriarch of this household, I welcome you, Lee and Lee."

While the adults talked, their heirs regarded each other, for the most part. Key looked over the two young men before him. One seemed to be holding back a smile, while attempting to look serious. The other, kept his head bowed, his face partially covered by long auburn hair, and only looked up occasionally.They didn't need to listen to these formalities. They knew why they were here.

Kim, Choi, and Kim were families reverred for their martial arts dojos that went back several generations. In the ancient past, they had aligned themselves with the two Lee families, but at some point, had split paths. This day was appointed because the five families agreed now was the time to ally themselves again.

Key personally didn't see the meaning. It wasn't like there were deep rivalries between dojos anymore. Jonghyun didn't mind. To him, it meant more friends. Minho just saw it as his duty.

All the boys who weren't listening were knocked out of their thoughts when they heard someone say, "If we are in agreement, then our boys will begin to live together."

All five heads looked up in shock. That was not what they had been told. But none had the nerve to speak up. Even though some didn't take this alliance seriously, any sign of disagreement was a declaration of discontentment. And that meant trouble. The parents all signed a paper, sealing the deal. 

"They can start moving in tomorrow. Now introduce yourselves."

"Kim Jonghyun."

"Kim Kibum."

"Choi Minho."

They looked across to the newcomers, who were now their allies, and suddenly roomates. At this time, the one from before finally allowed himself to smile widely.

"Lee Jinki."

The second barely lifted his head and met their eyes.

"Lee Taemin."