Chapter 1

Obsession

Soft melody was filling the luxurious manor. It was slow; a simply beautiful melody that captivated the entire building, filling everyone’s heart with a gentle breeze that kiss the pain away.

That day, Siwon went home with another woman.

 

The room was dark and arctic. The slight smell of alcohol mixed up with the scent of new bloom flowers, creating a new taste of smelling: the depressing cologne of a lady. Soft steps could be heard in the room, then the crimson red curtain was opened wide. The bright sun beamed through the open blinds and hit the room directly.

“Good morning, mother. Did you sleep well?”

A pair of shining black eyes greets the man back. “Good morning,” was the soft reply, barely audible.

“I had already told the chef to make you poached salmon and mint salad for breakfast. I apologize, but the chef was unable to make dessert in time. Would you like me to make one?"

“It’s okay, Hankyung,” the voice answered, “There’s no need to do what servants must do. You understand that, right?”

Hankyung looked at his mother as she carefully went out of the bed. “Yes, mother.”

 

Hankyung was the first son of the Choi family, a well-known noble family with wealth beyond imagination.

The head of the family was Choi Siwon, a man blessed with elegant looks and manners. There was nobody that didn’t know his name, for he was such a talented man in the eye of the public. But all men err, and he was no different. He has a weakness; urges that he can't stop.

Yet he has a family. A simple royal family of a wife and three sons, who never—he discovered—love him in their life.

 

An aristocrat’s wife must be of noble birth. So Siwon married his wife, the son of marquees, an omega. He was named Kim Heechul. He was a hell of a catch; strict and beautiful. Bought very expensively from his family, Heechul was the rare gem every family wants. Heechul was cold as ice; unbreakable, undefeatable, but a frozen antique statue in Siwon's very own manor. 

They have three sons, so that when the children grow up, they will inherited all their father’s wealth, unlike the childrens of es Siwon s with.

The first legal son was named Hankyung—twenty years old that year--then his younger brother Youngwoon, and then latter was the youngest Kyuhyun. Youngwoon was a year younger than Hankyung, and Kyuhyun was three years younger.

But amongst them all, Hankyung was simply Heechul’s favorite.

 

“Mother, would you like to go for a picnic?” Hankyung asked softly, a smile was always present on his face.

Heechul was looking intently at the mirror in front of him as Hankyung brushed his hair. “Picnic? Where?”

“Wherever you want, mother. I can arrange the trip for you,” Hankyung replied, braiding his mother hair and put on a red ribbon on it. “I would also accompany you if father is busy.”

Heechul looked at his and his son reflection on the mirror. His eyes were blank and tired, but his eternal beauty still shines perfectly even with age. Dressed in his purple pajamas with little pink flowers all over them, none could be prettier.

“Your father might not like it.”

Hankyung stared at his mother for a while before gently turning him around, facing him. He leaned in close and kissed his mother’s forehead, before placing his head on his shoulder. “Father brought another woman to the manor earlier today,” Hankyung whispered.

The mother was frozen. Of course, Siwon would bring another, like every time he got back from outside the town. Siwon always brought another omega home—maybe a lady, maybe a man—but Heechul simply don’t care, though in his very little heart, there’s a little hope that Siwon would actually look at her, or at least visit her first, before doing all his damned business.

"Mother."

The boy had successfully taken him out of his thoughts, and he blinked slowly. “I know,” he said, his voice sounded weak.

“Don’t worry, mother,” Hankyung smiled, his sly smile was forever sweet. He bent down and hugged his mother tight, “I will always be here for you.”

 

It was astounding; Hankyung obsession towards his own mother. Of course, he has the right to be all cuddly and loving to him, but considering Hankyung’s age and maturity, even his brothers realized his real intention.

But what can anyone do? Hankyung’s effect on the manor could clearly be seen; everyone counted on him. All servants do as he wishes, and so would his brothers. Even father, whom all his children hated the most, put his trust on Hankyung to take care of the manor.

Hankyung loves mother, Kyuhyun once said to Youngwoon. Hankyung love Heechul, more than his father and more than his brothers; more than a child would ever love his or her mother. Because Hankyung love Heechul as a man, a grown up man, as a lover.

It was a sin, terrible, terrible, sin.

But Hankyung love mother still, and no one in the manor would dare to go against that.

 

“Mother, would you like me to sing for you?”

“Yes,” Heechul said, and though his face show no indication of joy, his tone was warms.

“What song would you like me to sing, mother?” he asked, smiling.

Heechul stared at his son before replying ever so quietly, “Whatever you would like to sing.”

Hankyung nodded, and in a moment, beautiful voices could be heard all over the corridor and hall, giving away peaceful feelings to every heart that happen to be mesmerized by the song. So dangerously sweet, a perfection to one's talent.

“Mother,” Hankyung said as he finished singing, “You should rest.”

“But I don’t feel like sleeping yet,” Heechul said.

Hankyung smiled. “You’re tired, mother.”

Heechul chuckled forcefully. “Is it that clear?”

The other nodded gently before helping his mother lay on the bed, tucking her in with the most tender manner and kissed her forehead. “I love you, mother. Sleep well.”

Soon enough after Heechul dozzed off, Hankyung walked to the door, opening it carefully and getting out, then closing it in the same manner. He saw Kyuhyun there, leaning against the white wall with his eyes glued to the book of ‘The Wild Earl’.

“Mother’s resting?”

The older of the two nodded, before calmly approaching his brother. “What are you doing here?”

“That question suit you best, brother,” Kyuhyun said as he closed the three inches thick book. “You have to be careful. You’re being too obvious as it is. Father might caught you doing something... Unacceptable.”

“Father is doing something far more unacceptable, Kyuhyun,” Hankyung replied.

“Oh, yes, of course. I forgot, we sooooo totally own this place.” Kyuhyun smirked, his tone was sarcastic as always. But still he kept his head low, respecting his older brother’s seniority. “I won’t tell. If he didn't see it himself, it doesnt happen. But you’re being too obvious.”

“Not obvious enough,” the other replied, clearly thinking of his dear mother.

Kyuhyun didn’t react much, to Hankyung’s relief. “You shall not betray father’s trust on you, you know who’s life is in danger if you do so.”

Hankyung ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair and smiled innocently, like a kid.  “Perhaps, though perhaps,” he said as he began to walked off to his own chamber, “He’s looking for death by ever laying a finger of her again.” His voice was firm and powerful, arrogant tone coloring every single word he put in it.

“Brother...”

The latter put on the death glare as he turned around. And it was all a clear warning for Kyuhyun to stop whatever he meant to say. The black sharp eyes was telling him one certain thing he knew too well.

Mother’s mine.

 

-----------------------------------

Yes, I fixed this! Hooray!