Three

Good in Bed


I think every person that is single should have a dog. I think the government should step in and intervene: If you're not married or coupled up, whether you've been dumped or divorced or widowed or whatever, they should require you to proceed immediately to the pound nearest you and select an animal companion.

Dogs give your days rythm and a purpose. You can't sleep in ridiculously late, or stay out all day and all night, if there's a dog depending on you.

Every morning, no matter what I'd drunk, what I'd done, or whether or no my heart had been broken, Commedes woke me up by gently applying her nose to my eyelids. He is a remarkably understanding little dog, willing to sit patiently on the couch with his paws crossed gracefully in front of him while I sang along to songs or clipped recipes from my favorite magazines.

~Flashback~

"I swear, you love that dog more than me." Jonghyun said, sounding hurt.

"That's not true, how could I ever choose between my two favorite puppies?"

He glanced a me. We were sitting on the couch, me in his lap, and Commedes sitting on me.

"How do I look like a dog? You're always saying that.. yet I don't see it."

I smiled, widely. "It's your eyes."

"I still don't see it."

I started petting his head, "Does Jjong-puppy want some loves too? Commedes, give him kisses." I demanded, with Commedes immediately following my order.

"I don't want kisses from Commedes," he said pulling me into lip-lock. He tried to deepen our kiss, by crawling on me, but I pushed him away.

"Let's go on a walk," I said heading towards the door. "I think Commedes needs to go out. Come on, Commedes."

~End of the Flashback~

I was on my way out, to the dog park that Jonghyun and I went to that same day, with Commedes. I grabbed his long leash, a poopie bag, a tennis ball, and a few doggie treats, and headed out. When we arrived, there weren't many dogs, so I let Commedes do his business, and then let him roam around without his leash.

Not too soon after, a light brown collie was chasing after my poor baby.

"Yah! Leave her alone, you mutt!"

I looked to my side, spotting the man screaming. He was wearing a light brown shirt, and a pair of dark blue jeans. He was pretty, but he looked furious.

"Excuse me, is that your dog?" I asked, walking closer towards him. He nodded.

"Then I believe I should be yelling at her to leave my dog alone, seeming as how she's the one chasing after my baby. And also seeming as how your dog is ten times bigger than mine."

He laughed, "I'm sorry," he said bowing.

I smiled.

"Commedes, come here!" I yelled, looked for him.

"Commedes?"

I looked back at the man, and nodded.

"It's cute," he said once again showing his nice smile. "My dog's name is Miharu."

"Miharu?" I asked.

"Heh, yeah. See, I adopted her from a shelter, she already had the name. I tried calling her other names, but she only came to Miharu."

I nodded, "So, then.. What's your name?"

He smiled. "I'm Lee Jinki. Or my friends call me Onew. It's a long story,"

I gazed into his eyes. "And you are?"

They're so pretty.. I didn't realized I was smiling, until I saw my reflection in his eyes.

"Uhm.. Hello?"

"Hmm?" I answered, jolting back to actuality.

"Your name," he said, blankly. "What is it?"

"Oh, I'm Kim Gwiboon." I said, bowing slightly.

"What do you do?"

"I work for a fashion magazine. I write articles. About clothing." I could feel my cheek getting hot. "What about you?"

"I'm a doctor. I help sick people." he said smiling and laughing. "I know this is awkward, seeming as how we just met, but would you like to go to dinner? Around seven?"

I smiled. "I'd love to."

"Give me your number, and I'll call you a little later. I need to take Miharu home to shower."

"Your dog.. needs to shower?"

He turned red. "I mean.. I-I need to shower. I need to take Minharu home, then shower."

I laughed, took out a pen and some paper from my purse and wrote my number on it. "Here," I said handing it to him.

"Do you want mine too?" I nodded.

We swapped numbers, said goodbye and then I ran home to find something to wear for our dinner date


-Minjee♥

Onew's dog, Miharu; (I made her up) :3