Chapter 3

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The rest of the day went well.  I didn’t see him again. Not that I was hoping to.  Yes. Yes you were hoping to see him again.  These honors classes were going to kill me, that I knew. It was easy material but so much work. Time consuming. Something I’ve always hated.  Our school campus was so beautiful, and the concert hall! It seated over a thousand people. I heard that they were going to be putting in a baby grand piano. 

A piano. I’ve played piano since I was 3. Not many people know I can play well, just my friends. But most of my friends have yet to actually see and hear me play. It’s my hidden talent.  I hoped with this coming year to be more open with it.

The last bell. Finally. This has been a long day.

Walking toward the busses, my mind wandered toward him.  Eagerly glancing, there was no one that looked like him anywhere. I looked out towards the road winding back towards the main part of town. Whoa. That’s a nice red Mustang. I wonder whom that belongs to?

A vibrating cell phone interrupted my thoughts.

“Ri An! Guess what?” my cousin, Yoo Ra excitedly began to tell me about her day.  How in her anatomy lab she met this guy, and they were going to be lab partners, and he was from China.  Wow. Let’s just have a big ol’ Asian meet-up here now shall we.   

My eyes continued to follow the Mustang till it went out of sight. What if that was him.

“And you? Did you meet anyone? TELL ME.”

“Tell me, tell me..t-t-t-t-tell me” I sang the lyrics of the Wonder Girls’ song knowing it would annoy her. I like to pick on my Unnie, but I won’t ever admit to her.

“SHUT UP and answer my question!”

My mind immediately went to Cho Kyuhyun. “Well. Yeah. Sorta…kinda..maybe?”

“Details woman! DETAILS!”

“Well, there’s a Korean guy in--“

“A KOREAN? Is he full?”

See! I’m not the only who thought to ask that question. Maybe it’s because we’re related.

“Yes. He is.”

“You talked to him?” She squealed in excitement.

“Maybeeee…ANYWAYS. It was a pretty bori

Please log in to read the full chapter