A Rough Morning

It All Started With A Blind Date

    I get dragged out of my comfy bed, and pushed into the kitchen by a crazy blonde. Great way to start your morning right? I lean against the island table and one of my roommates looks up. Yumi (aka Julia) raises her eyebrows at the scowl on my face. 

"Well someone got up on the wrong side of the pillow today..."

Her lips turn up slightly as she takes in my disheveled appearance. 

"You would look like this too if you pounced on by Blondie here"

I turn to glare at Anna who just shrugs her shoulders. 

"Ah...Well, it was impossible to wake you up, and I don't think you want to be left in the States while we all travel the world"  

Maggie (aka Maylin) looks up from her nutella covered toast for the first time to comment. I stare at her until it sinks in, a faint recollection of reminding myself to wake up early because of today....

"OMG WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!?! WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE FLIGHT!!! WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS READY YET?!" 

   I yell as I race to the bathroom to get ready. I hear them giggle at my freaking out. UGH. How could I have been so stupid? Today is THE DAY. Ever since we all graduated high school we've talked about going on a trip around the world after college before we have to settle down with work. We've been planning this trip for ages, I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT IT! If you haven't noticed yet, I am quite disoriented and scatter-brained....how did I even make it through college? I rush into my bedroom and dress, trying to look somewhat presentable. I walk into the sunlit kitchen to see Julia and Maggie washing dishes while Anna rattles on about this guy she met the other day. 
 

"HE WAS SOO HOT! You know Chace Crawford right? He was like at that level!! Totally 10 points! Except, when I talked to him he sounded so stupid, so I might take of like half a point for that..." 

I walk up next to her and lean on the counter. 

"How did you manage to meet this guy? You didn't go anywhere last night..." 

"Um no, remember, I was the one who went to the door to pick up the pizza."

"You flirted with the pizza delivery guy?!?!" 

"Hey, you gotta always be on alert for things like this"  

I don't respond, leave it to Anna to find a flirting opportunity in the most random places. I turn towards Julia and Maggie who were drying off their hands. Julia smiles at me, 

"Are you ready to go or do you need another hour? I mean, your welcome to finish your dreams about kpop."

"Hey, it just slipped my mind..." 

Anna smirks, 

"Yeah, of course. It's not like we've been planning this trip for three years or anything.." 

"Oh, come on guys, we all know how Hyorin is with remembering dates and when to get to things", Maggie adds in. 

"Thanks Mag- WHOA WHAT?!?!" I glare at her. She looks back at me sheepishly, 

"Hey it's true, remember that time when you forget my birthday and showed up an hour late?" 

My eyes widen, 

"I said I was sorry! I really didn't mean to forget, and I showed up in the end right??!?!" 

"Did I ever say I forgave you?" she glares at me. I stand there with my mouth open. Are you kidding me she was still upset over something that happened last year? I was about to apologize even more when I noticed her start to laugh. I scrunch my eyebrows, confused. 

"Hahaha I was just kidding! Lighten up, will ya? I totally forgave you for that ages ago." 

"Dude! Your face was so funny! Do you really think Maggie's that mean?"

Both Anna and Maggie shake their heads at me and Julia just smiles, amused. I sigh, and decide to just let this go. I laugh along and then start to question them. 

"Okay, do you guys have everything? Passport, tickets, bags? All your clothes, makeup, toothpaste, toothbrush? Oh! Don't forget your conta-"

"Hyorin, it's okay we already packed everything last night. And if we REALLY need something we can always buy it on the way. Don't worry." Maggie reassures me and I feel somewhat relaxed. I can't help it. I'm always the one that worries about everything, I just don't want anything to go wrong on this trip. 

"Yeah, Rinnie chill. You're such a mom. I bet if any of us forget anything it will be you." Anna rolls her eyes at me and I sigh.

"Thanks for that" I say in a sarcastic tone as she walks towards the door.

"Anytime" she smiles back at me. Maggie and Anna walk out to the car while Julia and I do a final check of the apartment. 

"Everything seem good?" Julia glances over at me. 

"Yeah...I think so" I respond with hesitance. 

"I'm taking that a firm yes, let's go. This is supposed to be a fun trip, don't be a downer" 

"I'm not...I just have this weird feeling I'm forgetting something or something is going to happen." 

"You say that before every trip, relax." I let out a breath and give the room one last survey with my eyes. I still have a weird feeling about this but like Julia said, I should stop worrying. I need to stop being so controlling and just go with the flow of things. 

"K, all set. Let's go out to the car." 

___________________________________________________________________

Annyeong! :D

Sorry, this update has taken such a long time and it's not very...interesting? I just want the first couple chapters to give you a feel for the characters and their personalites. 

YAY FOR LONG WEEKENDS!!! :D

image

image

BYEEE!!! <3

image

REN!!! ^_^