Chapter Two

Mysterious Friendship

The next morning I left early for school to avoid seeing my mom. I didn't tell her about Changjo and avoided her last night in case I did. I didn't want her knowing. Besides, I promised myself yesterday I wouldn't hang out with him and find a better friend. 
I looked around at the students who had already arrived and sighed. Why was it so hard to go up to someone and say hi? 
"If it isn't my new friend," I heard Changjo say. 
I turned around and saw Changjo standing there in his uniform. 
"What's the point of you coming here if you don't even come to class?"
"I want to see my friend," he said coming up an slinging his arm around my shoulder. 
I shrugged him off and walked into the building. Changjo followed after and brought me to the same room as yesterday.
"I'm done being your friend," I told him. "Just like you said, you're a bad influence. I'll find someone else."
"Okay. I understand. Because you are fantastic at making friends."
I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the door.
"Have fun skipping," I told him. 
"I'd have more fun if you came," he said.
I ignored him and left. Until the bell rang, I stood awkwardly by myself by some of the lockers. Right before the bell rang, a cute guy came up and opened the locker next to where I was leaning. I looked at the floor and pretended I didn't see him.
"You're the new girl," he said.
My head shot up and I saw him standing there with a  cute smile.
"Yeah. Been here a week. ChaeYoung, that's my name," I said.
"Chunji, that's mine," he said seeming amused. "If your looking for a seat at lunch, feel free to sit with me and my friends."
I went to decline but the bell rang. He closed his locker and walked off. Heading to class I realized this was good. I didn't need Changjo because I had Chunji. He was cute and I was able to talk to him. Changjo was in the past. 
At lunch I got my tray of food and looked around for Chunji. I found him at a table with four other guys. Seeing him sitting there and laughing with his friends intimidated me. I wanted to just sit by myself but he looked up. Chunji saw me and waved me over. I took a deep breathe and walked over to him and his friends.
"Hey guys, this is ChaeYoung," Chunji said. 
"So she's your girlfriend?" one asked giving Chunji adorable puppy eyes. 
"No. She's the new girl and she needs a friend or two."
Chunji scooter over and made room for me. I sat down next to him and he introduced me to his friends. Ricky was the one with the adorable puppy eyes. There was Niel across from me and next to him was C.A.P. Last was L.Joe. 
"It's nice to meet you all," I said with my eyes on my food.
"Don't worry, we're awesome friends," Ricky assured me. 
"Good to hear," I said, unsure of what else to say. 
Lunch turned out to be pretty easy. Ricky did most of the talking to me and I didn't mind it. He even wanted to walk with me to my class.
"I'll do that," Chunji said, sending Ricky off with Niel.
"So did you have a good lunch?" he asked me. "You didn't really seem to do a lot of talking."
"No, it was good. It was nice having Ricky do all the talking, believe it or not."
"That's good."
After school Changjo met me by the gates again. I tried to avoid him but he grabbed my wrist and brought me to a halt. 
"I saw you with Chunji," he said.
"And?" I asked trying to yank my arm free. 
"He is not the kind of guy you should hang out with."
I scoffed and freed myself from his grasp. 
"Who do you think you are? You can't tell me not to hang out with him. So far, he's much better than you."
I walked off and headed home without Changjo following me. I got to tell my mom about Chunji at dinner and mentioned the others.
"I would have liked it better if you were friends with girls," my mom said, "however, this good. You're making friends! See this move wasn't so bad."
I had to agree. At first I hated this move but now it's not so bad. If you minus Changjo, it's pretty perfect.