Chapter 6

Longing for Feelings

We were sitting in the car, driving back home, and I couldn’t stop thinking how differently Jongin behaved. His actions, his words. I replayed everything in my head again and again.

How his hand felt when he was holding me, how his voice sound when he called me his wife, while introducing to other people. It was something new, like I just discovered his new side. I felt happy and for this short moment I thought, no, I felt the rising hope that things maybe can or will be different from now on. I smiled to his back view when we stepped into the house. I took off my shoes and when I looked up and wanted to go in further I saw Jongin starring at me. At first I felt something weird in my stomach but then I saw anger written on his face. He started to come right at me while I was taking a little steps back not knowing if something bad is going to happen or not. I mean, he was so nice to me few minutes ago and I did nothing to make him angry. Or did I?

My back hit the door and the space between us got smaller and smaller until he was arm length and he slammed his hands on the door on the both side of my head. He scared me with this sudden action so I closed my eyes and turned my head to the side. Nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him.

'You almost ruined it,' he finally said. 'Why do you think I married you? Why do you think you were at that party, huh? It’s all for showing other people that I’m responsible and trustworthy. And there he was, the most important guy whose money we need almost desperately,' he continued and I really was not sure what he was talking about. 'We could have lost him. He is so old that gets tired easily and quickly disappears from events like that. And when he asked about my wife, guess what? You were nowhere to be found. I looked around and you were gone. You weren’t there when I needed you. Do you even know how stupid I felt?'

'I’m so…,' I wanted to apologize but he slammed his hands against the door once again to make me keep quiet.

'And this is not the worst part. ‘Because when I went to look for my wife, that was supposed to be by my side, guess what she was doing. Shamelessly flirting with another man!' his voice rise up.

'We weren’t…'

'You weren’t what?! You want to tell me that you weren’t flirting with him?' he lowered his head and our eyes were on the same level. That’s when I noticed how extremely close our face are. 'So why were you having a face like that? Why were you blushing? You liked his greasy words that much? Are you really that easy? If I only knew that you are such a cheap I wouldn’t have married you,' his words were piercing me. It felt like he was injecting poison straight to my veins and it spread really quickly affecting my heart. I could feel it painfully. 'But this is not something I can undo now. And I’m really surprised since I warned you to not around and dare to cheat on me, yet you still managed to do it, even when I was few steps away. You really are something. Just be ready for the consequences since I’m not going to let it pass,' he finished and walked away to his bedroom.

My head started to pulse unpleasantly. His words hurt as hell. How could I even for a second forget that he only married me for his own benefits? How could I forget that he feels nothing towards me? How could I forget these things and let my heart flutter for him. He deceived me. I forgot that this is all just a lie and got tricked. He played his role so well that I felt like it was real. Like he really wanted to hold my hand and not did that to show off. However, it all was just part of the show.

 

 

***

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

I was lying in my bed and couldn’t fall asleep. Maybe I overreacted?

Okay, I admit. I got carried away once again. Not that much but the fact is that I did. Actually nothing bad has happened. We got to talk to Mr. Lee and there is a chance that we will have some business going on in a near future. And the truth is, when I went to look for her I wasn’t that angry. I was a bit annoyed that she is not where she is supposed to be but that’s all. But when I saw her just standing there, smiling and blushing to that Tao guy, well, that really pissed me off. And even if I knew it wasn’t about her but about him, I relieved all my bad emotions on her.

Since he took my first love away I just couldn’t stand the guy.

And why I can’t control my behavior better around her?

 

***

 

A few days have passed and I still couldn’t bring myself to apologize to her or even talk to her. I just did what I always have done – avoided her as much as I could. That’s the only and best thing I can do for her.

I was at my office when my mom came in. I was surprised since she barely visited our work place and when she did it always was something important.

'How is my son doing?'

'Fine. What are you doing here? You don’t come often.'

'I was nearby and since I wanted to talk to you about something I decided to step in.'

'What is it?'

'I got to see your wife the other day,' she stated and I felt anxious. Did she say something to my mom? 'I saw her sitting on the bench at park. She was just sitting there and observing other couples,' my mom added and I could notice she is studying my expression. But I had no idea what she was talking about. 'And she looked so sad. Do you know what I mean, son?'

'Sorry, mom. But I really don’t. She was at the park, right?'

'Right.'

'Just sitting and observing other people. And she was alone. Not with another man, right?'

'Right.'

'So? I don’t see nothing strange in it.'

'Oh, son. Just tell me, is there something wrong going on between you two? Do you get along with each other well? Or you just had a fight?'

I was speechless. How the hell did she came up with all of these things?

'No, mom. We are fine,' I lied.

'Jongin-ah, I can tell when woman is not happy. If you fought and you don’t want to tell me, that’s okay. But don’t make her wait with your apology. Even if she is the one at fault.'

'What? Why should I be the one to apologize when she is at fault?'

'Is she?'

'W-well. No. I’m just asking hypothetically.'

'Jongin-ah, I know that you are not experienced with girls… well, when it comes to feelings of course, but you should know already that they are easy to break. You don’t want to break her heart and make her miserable, do you?'

'Why should I care? I don’t love her. I don’t have feelings for her. I just married her to keep father’s company alive,' I said a bit angry.

'Jongin-ah, just do it for your father. He likes her and I also like her. And you know that he is sick. So don’t break his heart by making your wife unhappy.' I couldn’t say a thing. She had some good point there.'Well, I said what I wanted so I will be going now. Take some good rest son. I can see your eye bags,' she said and grabbed the door handle. 'And I think it’s time to let her go. Jiyeon left you and flew away to London. You can’t keep her in your heart and mind forever. You have a wife now so let her go,' she said and left.