Leaves

Leaves

 

“Oh my God! Oh my God! There he is! Guys how do I look?” I turn myself to Hanbyeol and fix my hair real quickly. 

“You look fine. Now stop fixing your hair or you’ll look too obvious!” Hanbyeol scoffs at me.

There he is. Kris. He is walking oh so swiftly towards my direction. Everything stops, or rather; everything turns to slow motion- everything except Kris. His perfect figure has got me dreaming of him for the past week. Damn him! Wait! NO! I take it back! God, please don’t damn him, please don’t! If you do, I’ll have nothing to daydream about anymore!

My love for him has turned me oblivious to his gorgeous friends that will always be walking alongside with him.  Truth to be told, my friends don’t think of him as good looking. In fact, one of them; Ika, told me he’s ugly. Yup! Kris! Wu Fan Kris is ugly! I personally think she’s gone cuckoo.  But it seems as if I am the one who have gone cuckoo since everyone else thinks the same. They say he’s too tall, too pimply, and too skinny. And I’ll be like, YOU GUYS HAVE GONE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!

Back to reality. Kris. Is. Walking. Towards. Me. KILL ME PLEASE.

Oh wait, he isn’t. He decides to walk past me and my friends, instead. Ugh, that troll. I finally breathe again. Gee, thanks Kris, for nearly letting me die of lack of oxygen inhalation. Thanks a lot. “Wait! I forgot to smell his cologne!” I stomp my feet on the ground and receive multi reactions from my friends.

Hanbyeol - “Dude, stop it! He might hear you!”

Chaehwa - “I did! He smells like rose water infused vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of roasted hazelnuts on top! And don't forget rainbows.”

Shira – Giggles, giggles, giggles.

Ika- Rolls eyes.

Mia – Same with Ika, but with a small smile.

Haeun – Slaps my arm.

“OWWW!!” I vigorously rub the spot where Haeun previously smacked. And it hurts even more. “What?” I glare at her.

“Behave yourself.” Yup. She just told me to behave. Haeun’s the mom of the group; the really annoying mom.

“Oh come on, mom! I’m a teen! Can’t contain feels, hello?” I look at her with an exasperated expression.

She slaps my arm again. This time, harder. “You just called me mom.” She looks at me with a serious face.

“Well I’m sorry, but it isn’t my fault that you play the part so well. I bet your kids will love you for constantly HITTING them!” I said with a sarcastic manner and put a strain on the word hitting.

“Guys, stop it! Let’s just get to class before we’re late.” Mia says.

Ika glances at her watch and mutters with an annoyed tone, “we already are.”

With that, the seven of us sprint across the hallway to get to the lab.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ugh, I’m dead beat. Why haven’t the school install elevators yet instead of these freaking tiring stairs?” I whine.

 “Maybe if you paid the school fees, they would.” Ika retorts. I just glare at her with an unsatisfied look.

We were on our way to the library, which is on the second floor. To get to the library, we would have to pass through the Biology lab, my ‘favourite’ place in the entire school. Not.

“Hey Haemi. There’s the love of your life.” Shira whispers and nudges me with her bony elbow.

I screech. Coincidently, Kris’ class happens to be using the Biology lab. And I could see his gorgeous face even through the window panes. I try to suppress my squeals and control my breaths. It always happens whenever I run into him. My heart will be beating so fast like it would fall off anytime, my breathings will get shorter, butterflies that came out of nowhere will invade my stomach, I would feel like screaming, my cheeks will turn to the shade of light red and they will feel very, very hot. I swear I could die if I see a slight sight of him.

I clasp onto Shira’s hands for her to lead me while I’m dying.

We were just about to pass the front door when suddenly,

“You.”

I hear a female voice calling over to us. I couldn’t make out who she’s calling in particular, so I turn my head from the ground to her. And to my surprise, she’s looking directly at me. Please don’t kill me please don’t kill me please don’t kill me. She calls all of us into the lab and we step in. We stand awkwardly in front of the class with books in our hands. I don’t even dare myself to look up.

The teacher speaks up. “Which one of you would help me go pick some leaves from the school garden downstairs?” I let out a breath of relief. I thought she was going to seize us for walking in front of her class. Okay, I admit it was stupid for thinking so, now that I could think rationally.

“Haemi! Haemi!” I hear some voices in the class calling my name. I recognize one of them as Jihyo’s.  The small whispers turn to calls and soon a big chant. They were all suggesting that I go pick the leaves. I stare at them with mixed looks. When did I get so popular? I do have a couple of friends in this class but not many enough to create a toga crowd! But then again, those friends of mine; to be exact, Jihyo and Nami are the ones who tend to create havoc and control the class. I accidentally avert my gaze to Kris. He also has a perplexed look on his face.

“Okay. Okay. Calm down. Now which one of you is Haemi?” The teacher asks. I hesitate a bit before slowly raising my hand.

“Great. You can go now.” The teacher orders.

“Wait! Ms. Jina. Wouldn’t it be unfair for Haemi to go pick the leaves all by herself. I mean, we are the ones doing the photosynthesis experiment.” A familiar voice speaks up. It’s  Jihyo again; my friend. What is she up to? “It would only be fair if one of us go do the errand, too”

“Okay then. One of you shall go with her. And who shall that be?” Ms. Jina asks the whole class.

“Kris, you go.” A male voice speaks out. It’s Chen, Kris’ best friend. I heard rumors of him being an absolute troll before. I widen my eyes at his remark. What the? Jihyo, as expected, agrees with him.  Soon, the whole class begins chanting Kris’ name.

I shut my eyes tightly, making sure if this isn’t a dream. Apparently, it isn’t.

“Okay, Kris. Go with Haemi to the garden. You know what to do.” Ms. Jina hands Kris a pocket knife and orders for the last time before she ushers us out of the lab. My friends head to the opposite direction to the library while this guy and I head to the stairs. I pass my books to Hanbyeol. I look up to her with a ‘take me with you~’ look and she mouths a ‘good luck’ and winks. I look at the others and some of them are giggling; namely Shira and Mia, Ika’s wiggling her eyebrows, she’s signaling me to flirt, Chaehwa’s pumping her fist into the air and mouthing a ‘Fighting!’ and mom, I mean, Haeun, smiles a proud grin. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?! Don’t they realize my life is in danger? I could die just by walking next to Kris, let alone going to the garden with him. Oh my God. I clutch onto Hanbyeol’s arm one last time before she removes my hands and makes her way to the library with the others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So?? How was it? Was it too short of an update? Hmm, I don't think this can be a oneshot. I'll have to take some time to finish it. It won't be long, but it won't be one or two chapters too. Hng, I don't even know. So.. tell me what you think about it please <3

p/s: Kemi, you're Mia, and Izz, you're Haemi; the 'I'. Ayam, if you're reading, you're Shira. :)