chapter02

Kris Wu must die.

 

 

Tao headed back at his house. He unlocked the door, took off his shoes and entered his small apartment.

He just needed some time on his own.

He quickly changed clothes to something more comfortable.

He laid down on his bed, hands covering his face.

This is so troublesome, he thought.

But it was still a good chance.

Even if he had to hurt someone, he would do it.

He needed the money.

He would be able to get out of this hole he called home.

He just needed another chance.

And he would have a job, a house and maybe friends?

He would be able to make a fresh start!

He suddenly felt ready for the job. He would do anything and everything to make sure that Kris would fall in his trap. He had to.

Kris had hurt the girls, right?

He signed.

Not in a million years would he have guessed that going to the coffee shop would turn out like this.

Maybe it was fate? No, he didn’t believe in this bull.

He had to do what he had to do.

He quickly packed some clothes and some personal items.

He wore his shoes, took out the keys, locked the door he wished we would never have to open again, and not once looked back. There was nothing to look back at, in the first place.

He took the bus, after he got the right direction from the girls and arrived at his new neighborhood.

He was genially happy. Maybe even excited.

He re-entered the house finding only Sunny in the living room watching TV lazily.

“Hey” he greeted

“Hey!” She chirped warmly while standing up.

“The girls left. I was going to leave as well but I thought I should stay, give you some tips and then leave.” She explained

He nodded understandingly.

“Anyways, there are 3 empty rooms, choose whoever you like. The bathroom is upstairs, dining room and kitchen are together. Also there is a garden and a small pool at the back side” Sunny kept going on and on but Tao had stopped listening. Did she say a pool? Tao thought.

Never once in his life had he entered a pool!!!!!

He giggled at the girl’s cuteness as she grinned at him.

“Omo you are so cute!” she said while pinching his cheeks.

His cheeks reddened, yes Tao was a shy boy.

A shy e, he thought. That’s new.

“So when Kris leaves his house you’ll go over to Sehun and talk. Plan things out and stuff. Oh and give me your phone.” She demanded. He handed her his phone puzzled.

She kept dialing numbers till she handed it back.

“I saved all the girls’ numbers so we can keep in touch. Also Kris knows that there was another girl living in this house and when eventually comes back, maybe he’ll ask why you are living here. Think of something, will you? We don’t want you to blow everything up!” She teased.

“Oh he left” she pointed at the window.

“Guess I’ll be leaving as well” Tao said as he headed to the door.

When Tao was sure that Kris’s car was no longer close he walked to his house. He knocked on the door and Sehun rushed to open it.

“Come in.” Sehun said as he made space for Tao.

Tao took of his shoes and entered the house.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Tao asked as casually as he could. He had to admit it was a bit awkward talking to a stranger.

“Obviously about Kris?” Sehun asked unsure.

“Right. So we will start from the basics. Tell me what he likes and what he doesn’t.” Tao replied.

Sehun seemed to be thinking.

“Well the most important is that he likes girls. And apparently you aren’t a girl.”

Tao face palmed himself.

“Anything else Kris likes?” Tao gritted his teeth

“Well he likes swimming, parting, going out, sometimes reading books, drinking, although I have to admit he does have a high tolerance at it, he doesn’t like bossy people cause obviously he wants to be the boss.” Sehun explained

“What about his type? What is his ideal type?”

“Well he doesn’t have a specific type. Although I am pretty sure that his type is ‘girls’.”

Tao had to hold himself from not attacking Sehun. OK, he had made it clear, Kris was straight, but so was he!

“Oh he also has this sweet spot for cute girls.” Sehun replied happily.

And click.

“I’m back!”

Tao heard footsteps coming their way.

“What do I do?” Tao asked panicked.

“Behind the couch!” Sehun said as he practically threw Tao behind the big black couch.

“Who are you talking to?” Kris asked as he entered the living room

“No one. Do you see someone? No. Your argument is invalid.” Sehun replied satisfied that his voice hadn’t cracked, but he was pretty sure his face had changed a million colors.

“Why are you here? Weren’t you supposed to be at work?” Sehun asked

“They are doing some renovating, I’ll go back in 3 hours.” Kris replied as he sat down on the couch. Yes, on that particular couch that Sehun was sitting and Tao was hiding behind it.

this.

Sehun was obviously trebling. What if he found out about Tao? How would he explain his presence?

Think. Breathe. Relax.

Think. Breathe. Relax.

Sehun slightly calmed down. He tried to keep a casual conversation going with Kris, talking about various things.

“What’s your ideal type, Kris?” Sehun asked out of the blue, slightly shocking Kris.

“Why are you asking?” He retorted back curiously.

“Well, I just want to know, that’s all.” Sehun replied innocently.

“Hm, basically I like pretty girls.”

Tao had to snicker at that.

Wait a ing minute, did he just snicker?

Tao felt like banging his head on the wall or something.

“What was that?” Kris asked as he looked around

“N- Nothing. Probably some cat outside or something.” Sehun replied unsure. Damn Tao!

“No, I’m pretty sure it came from here.” Kris said as he looked behind the couch.

2 seconds felt like hours. Sehun felt like crying.

He found Tao. He was a dead meat. He was going to die.

“What the ?” Kris yelled as he quickly got up.

“Who is this guy? What is he doing here?” Kris screamed

“Hi.” He heard a shy voice say.

Sehun panicked. He had found Tao! How was he going to explain this?

Tao got up cautiously, but wait a minute, what was he wearing?

Tao had taken off his shirt and had wreathed it around his face.

“Who are you?” Kris questioned.

Wait, So Kris hadn’t realized it was Tao?

Smart move, Tao.

But how was he going to explain this guy?

“Take off that thing of your face, god damn it!” Kris was about to take off the shirt off Tao’s face himself but Sehun stopped him.

“Wait. This is... Minho. He is my boyfriend.” Sehun breathed in embarrassed.

“I called him over cause I thought you would be gone for hours, and I wanted to see him. He is really… Shy.”

Sehun explained.

His feet felt like jelly. He was sure he would faint any moment.

“……” Kris looked dump founded.

“Oh” he mouthed

“Why was he hiding?” Kris asked

“As I said he is shy. I am sure he feels really uncomfortable. Can he please leave?” Sehun replied pleadingly.

“Eh I suppose?” Kris said

Tao thought it was the right moment to finally leave! He felt so relieved that Sehun had thought of something!

He took slow steps to the door, not quiet seeing anything as he bumped into something, or better on someone.

 He was pretty sure this guy was Kris. Sehun was not that tall.

He bowed down as he nervously tried to find his way to the door.

“This way.” He heard a low but husky voice say, as that someone pushed him lightly from the back towards the door.

Tao felt his face burning. Kris was touching him with his bare hands, on his !

How did he know it was Kris? The sound of his voice and his light touch.

He opened the door and quickly left. He made a small opening on his shirt so he could see properly.

He looked around feeling the eyes of the passerby’s on him. He blushed and looked down.

He probably looked like a crazy person.

He entered his new house from the back door, he wouldn’t risk getting caught by Kris now.

He breathed slowly feeling exhausted. Not what he had in mind when he visited Sehun’s house.

And the only important thing he learned was: Kris liked cute, pretty girls and that Kris had by far the iest voice he had ever heard.

.

 

 

Kris eyed Sehun suspiciously.

Kris was no fool. He knew something wasn’t right.

“So that guy was your boyfriend?” Kris asked as he raised an eyebrow.

Sehun gulped.

“Yes.” He replied, his voice unsure.

“Where did you meet? How long have you been dating? Are you even gay? How come you’ve never told me?”  Kris spat back angrily.

Sehun was lying. He could sense it.

“We met in Korea. I went there for vacations 6 months ago. We’ve been dating since then. I am gay for him. I didn’t tell you because I thought you wouldn’t approve and I didn’t want us to fight.” Sehun was surprised himself. How he came up with all that, He had no idea.

“What is he doing in Canada?” Kris asked

“He-He came with me. He didn’t want to let me go on my own, so he came as well. He is staying with some friends at the moment.” Sehun replied.

“This is so messed up. Why did you invite him in my house without my permission?”

“Eh, as I said I wanted to see him so badly, and since you would be gone for hours I thought I should meet up with him. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Sehun said as he bowed.

“It sure won’t. But if it does you should just pack and go.” Kris replied with a discussed look on his face.

He didn’t spare a second look on his friend as he took off.

Kris was furious with his friend and even with himself.

He knew he was being harsh but he had no choice.

He didn’t want intruders in his house.

Sehun would have to respect his privacy.

He left the house, not even grabbing his car keys, and took off.

He decided to go for a walk on foot.

Tao on the other hand was watching his every move.

The moment Kris left, Tao was right behind him. Well not really right behind, but you get my point, he was close.

Kris sat down on a bench on a nearby park.

He felt uneasy.

Tao hid behind a big tree some feet away.

Tao examined Kris. Did something happen when he left? Probably.

Kris dialed numbers on his phone and put the gadget on his ear.

“Are you busy?” Kris said on the phone.

“I’m at the park. You mind coming?” he asked again.

“I’ll wait.” He replied as he shut his phone.

Who did he call? Tao thought to himself.

He waited there for another 10 minutes till someone finally appeared and sat next to Kris.

The boy looked young. He had a smile on his face as he friendly hugged his friend.

Tao thought he was lucky. He could clearly hear their conversation without apparently even trying.

“So what did you call?” The boy that just arrived asked.

“It’s about Sehun.” Kris replied looking down.

“Oh my god you are in love with him!” The young boy chirped.

“Wait, what? No, no, no! I’m not gay, unlike HIM” Kris emphasized the last word.

“Oh… So this is what it’s all about…” The boy replied.

“Look Chanyeol I always kind of like knew Sehun swung that way, but something is off this time.”

So his name is Chanyeol, Tao thought happily that he finally got to know the stranger’s name.

“Like what?” Chanyeol asked

“Well when I got home he was with this boy. I couldn’t really see his face but he had a nice body. He was tall and tanned and well-built and”

“Wait” Chanyeol interrupted. “Where you checking him out?”

Tao blushed furiously at that.

“What? No! That’s not the point. That guy was out of Sehun’s league. And it has always been obvious that Sehun had strong feelings for Luhan. Not in a friendly way. And now he just finds himself a boyfriend? It doesn’t even make sense!” Kris said defensively.

Tao was mad. He was out of Sehun’s league? That sounded so wrong in so many ways! And Kris was supposed to be Sehun’s friend! He wasn’t supposed to talk trash behind his back! This Kris guy was really getting on his nerves!

“Now you are just being mean! Sehun is a nice guy. I’m sure handsome guys, like his new boyfriend like him! And about Luhan, I really don’t know what to say. I always felt that Sehun had a crash on him, but now I can’t tell anymore.” Chanyeol replied looking down.

“”But why do you care about Sehun’s love life anyways?” Chanyeol asked back.

Kris looked dumbfounded.

He shrugged.

“I don’t know.” He mumbled.

“Well I better get going to work. I don’t want to be late. Again.” Kris said as he got up.

“Well see ya” Chanyeol replied as he got up himself

Tao took off, following closely Kris not wanting to lose him out of his sight.

Kris quickly looked behind him.

Strange.

He had this feeling of being watched.

Again.

He scratched the back of his head.

Maybe it was just his imagination.

Kris entered a bar and Tao followed suit.

Oh yes this is the bar where he and Kris will be working!

Maybe he should talk to the owner of the bar? I mean the girls said everything was set for him to start working there as quickly as possible.

A husky voice took him out of his thoughts.

Yes that particular husky voice.

“Were you following me?” Kris asked Tao.

Tao blinked before he realized Kris was right in front of him, standing tall and proud.

‘This is definitely not my lucky day.’ Tao thought