It was an accident.

Accident

“Aish!” Sungmin cursed as he taps his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel, silently willing the offensive red to change. He charges forward once the light turns green, eyes flicking to the time shown on the clock.

1:37 AM

It has been 7 minutes since he received that dreadful call from Eunhyuk, with Donghae wailing in the background, shouting words of apologies through the phone.

“It doesn’t look good, Sungmin-hyung.” Eunhyuk voice was soft and shaky. “We have tried to move him back to bed and put him to sleep but he is not cooperating. He has not eaten since the accident this afternoon and he refuses to listen. I don’t think…”

Sungmin hung up the phone and rushed out of the rehearsal room as Eunhyuk started choking back sobs. It is not like Eunhyuk to call him in the middle of schedule for anything trivial. If Eunhyuk deem it important enough to call him for help knowing that Sungmin is busy, Kyuhyun’s condition must be bad. Seriously bad.

Sungmin burst through the front doors of the 11th floor dorm, pushing past the small crowd that has gathered in the living room. Eunhyuk has one arm over Donghae’s shoulders, quietly offering words of comfort, assuring him that it was not his fault and that Sungmin would understand.

Sungmin glared at Donghae but held back the urge to give him a piece of his mind. “Kyuhyun is more important,” he reminded himself.

He started towards the door of his room, carefully and silently. He has no idea how bad Kyuhyun’s situation is and he is not sure if he is strong enough to face it.

He stood at the door and braced himself, allowing himself a few seconds to gather his courage. His placed his hand on the knob, turning it silently, “Kyu..”

“AHHH!”

A loud shout rang through the dorm and everybody froze. For a moment, nobody moved before a mass of bodies rushed towards Sungmin, ready to help if necessary.

“DIE! YOU INSOLENT BRATS!”

Kyuhyun was typing furiously on his keyboard, forming what seemed to be instructions to his fellow teammates to kill said insolent brats.

Kyuhyun started laughing manically at the massacre on his screen and remained oblivious to the small gathering at his door.

“Kyu..?” Sungmin tried again. Careful not to alarm the person in question, Sungmin took small steps, finally coming next to Kyuhyun and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“It’s time to rest, baby. You have not eaten since this morning and…”

“Eating is for the weak. And I am not a weakling.”

“I know but…”

“DIE, YOU PEASANTS! DIE!”

Sungmin decided then that it is time for drastic action. He turned to look at the worried faces at the door and nodded.

“We have to be fast. One, two and three!”

“What are you - Umph! Let me go! Let me - WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY LAPTOP! TAKE YOUR HANDS OF MY LAPTOP!”

It was a flurry of movements and everything was a blur. Eunhyuk and Donghae each hooked an arm under Kyuhyun and forcefully drag him back onto bed. Sungmin unplugged the laptop from the cables and passed it to Ryeowook who was waiting by the door. A few seconds later, a door slammed somewhere in the dorm and everybody knew that the laptop was gone.

Kyuhyun slumped on the bed in defeat.

“It’s gone. It’s gone again. I managed to find it today but it’s gone. Everything’s gone.”

Sungmin slipped onto the bed with Kyuhyun and hugged the younger man to his chest, murmuring words of comfort and his hair.

“It’s ok. It is all going to fine.”

Sungmin shot a glare in the direction of Eunhyuk and Donghae, signalling for them to leave the room.

It is only an hour later that Sungmin come out from the room, informing everyone that Kyuhyun has fallen asleep and that the games detox will continue tomorrow. He made Donghae swear upon Eunhyuk’s strawberry milk that there will not be another incident of him accidentally showing Kyuhyun where his laptop is kept.

But this is Donghae.

And when Kyuhyun lied to him about a new dance that would so bring out the love between both him and Eunhyuk, Donghae would totally forget about his promise and accidentally mention that Kyuhyun’s laptop is hidden in the freezer all along.

Oops.