When gray and rainbow clash.

Painting Your World.

C H A P T E R   O N E

W h e n  g r ay  a n d  r a i n b o w  c l a s h.

 

 

     Gentle were barely heard throughout the hallways as a Lee Donghae created swift moments on the white wall; the paint pallete being filled with a wide variety of the pigment blue. He stuck his pink tongue out of his thin lips in concentration as his eyes lit up. He was such a talented painter; his knowledge was fine for the arts. He was an angel; kind hearted as his smile lit up many rooms. A swivel of a paint brush was seen; he had finished the out line of a blue koi fish, swiveling next to the outline of a red one. The school had asked him to create this kind of art work as it represented balancing between bad and good; the blue koi fish representing water, the red representing fire.

     Donghae huffed out air and puffed out his cheeks, blinking his glossy eyes in a cute way as he stood up. He lifted his chin up and glanced at the watch, fifteen minutes until class was over. A small smile spread across his face as he painted in the scales gently with care; the dark blue matching magnificently with the lighter colors. He finished half way and smiled bigger, until a force had clashed into him.

     He looked up from the floor and onto his painting and bit his lip; his long legs entangled with other's as his wet painting was smeared all over the wall. A whimper passed through his lips.

     Kyuhyun looked over at the smaller male whom was about to cry and widened his eyes. He rushed over towards the stranger and checked if he was alright, then looked over to the wall where the unrecognizable painting was destroyed.

     "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He spilled out apologies and bit his bottom lip as the little male kept crying. The younger of the two kept crying and pointing at his clothes and at the painting.  The younger murmured out comforting words to himself such as: 'accident'. 'do it again'. and 'nemo'.

     Kyuhyun stared at the younger with a perplexed gaze. Wasn't he supposed to be beaten up to a pulp by now? Shouldn't he be begging on his knees, asking for forgiveness? No? He walked up to the panicky painter and tapped on his back carefully.

     "Excuse me?"

     "Yes?" The younger stuttered and snapped his head up at Kyuhyun's voice. He blinked his eyes in confusion as Kyuhyun just stared at him, his mouth slightly agape. Kyuhyun never knew of this beautiful face of Donghae's as he studied the blonde. Large, wet eyes sparkled slightly against the pale complexion and a soft blonde orange was dyed into the silky locks of hair. Kyuhyun gulped and trailed his eyes lower to the long tall nose; the plump cheeks that were shining with the tears that slid down the younger's face. He lastly took a look of the seemingly soft, thin lips that looked naturally tinted a peachy pink.

     "Um..."

     Kyuhyun blinked twice and shook his head. He's never spaced out before, ever. Why did he think that that was an exception to the male whom just spilled out tears?

     "I'm sorry for running into you, really sorry.." His voice trailed as he gazed at the smudged paint on the wall and visually flinched.

     "Could it be fixed?" He asked cautiously, not wanting a reply such as: 'Of course not you idiot! You ruined my work!' He didn't want to upset the short male, did he? ..

     Donghae shuffled his feet and nodded, wiping his tears. He looked straight into Kyuhyun's eyes and noticed the sincerity and fear in them.

     "..In two months.. " He responded hesitantly.

     Kyuhyun widened his eyes. Two months? That long?

     "I can help you finish it faster.. I'm really sorry.. " He offered quickly, guilt showing in his tone of voice. Donghae contemplated. Would it be faster if he accepted him? Would the painting turn out better? Or worse? Before he could answer, the last bell had rung, signalling the end of the day for university.

     "Why don't we discuss this in a cafe, neh? I'm hungry.. " Donghae muttered with an edge to his voice, quickly walking to the doors, not waiting for the tall male's answer.

     "Huh? Oh sure.. " Kyuhyun blinked as Donghae walked, walking briskly and catching up with him. They opened the doors and walked onto the side walks.

     "My name is Donghae, by the way.." Kyuhyun turned his head to see a slight smile on the angel's face. Donghae? Donghae..

     "My name is Kyuhyun, it's nice to meet you.. " He responded with a gently smile, taking in the moment of being with him.

Was he actually sorry he bumped into Donghae?

 

 

end of chapter one.