Obsession [Sequel to Monster]

Obsession [Sequel to Monster]

 

My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness of the room.

It's the same. I like things to be the same.

The small picture of my old family hung on the ceiling, just out of my reach. There was Seunghyun, my lovely Seunghyun. Oh how I would love to hug him again. Bury my face into his strong chest.

And then there was Minji.

My beautiful baby.

She's gone though. I killed her. My hands killed her..

Tears began to well up again. They had kept me in isolation for so long, they had given me medication. They told me my head was back to normal...or at least, functioning like a normal mind.

That's when I started thinking normal again. That's when I realized what I had done.

Seunghyun was hurt. Minji was dead.

My life was gone.

"Mr. Kwon. Are you hungry?"
"Yes."
"Please step near the door."

A light flickered on, and the door seemed to materialize out of the darkness. There was a click, and it swung open, revealing three men. One with a straight jacket, one with a gun and tranquilizing darts, and the other with the keys.  The one with the straight jacket came close to me and held out the jacket.

"Put it on, Mr. Kwon."

I slid my arms forward and let them hang limp as he fastened the clasps on the back.  Then the second man got behind me and cocked his gun, and prodded the back of my head with it.  I flinched and stepped forward, hanging my head and wishing I could see someone other than these three guards.

I just want to see my beautiful, lavender haired baby..

Thoughts continued to well up inside of me. Scenes of Daesung's murder played out in my head. The way he had smiled when he answered the door. The way he simply nodded when I asked to make him food.

His final words echoed through my mind.

"T-tell Minji... Happy Birthday.."

I shut my eyes and out the image of him falling limp in my arms, blood seeping out of his shirt.

stop.
Stop.
STOP.

Minji was so hurt that morning. She had skipped happily out of the apartment and ran down to Dae's door. She had a key, so she got in just fine.

And her scream.

Her ear peircing scream.

Seunghyun shot out of bed and ran for her. I've never seen a man of his build run so fast. He called the police and brought her back into the house, trying his hardest to comfort her.

The whole time he gave me this look.

He came up to me that night and pushed me hard against the wall before whispering.

"I know you killed him, Ji. I'm so dissapointed in you. I thought you would never, ever kill someone close to us. You now realize I have to pack everything and move far away from this location? Minji's going to be so traumatized. I thought you changed Ji! I thought the medicine was working!"

His eyes.

They weren't the same that night.

They looked tired and weak.

A sob escaped my lips. I collapsed to my knees and curled up onto the ground.

"I'm not a monster!" I yelled, the blood pounding in my ears.

Something peirced into my arm. I yelped for Seunghyun.

My eyes rolled back into my head as the entire hallway faded back to black.

I like the darkness. You don't see things. You don't see me.

Something cold touched my face.

Water....

"Mr. Kwon."
"N...Ne?" I croaked out.
"You need some time out in the open. We're permitting you one day with Choi Seunghyun."
"S-seungie?"
"Yes. The activities for that day have been planned. You visit Gong Minji's grave, eat lunch, then go for a short walk in the park, before returning here at six o'clock sharp. Understood?"
"Yes sir."

Minji....

Something felt familiar about the date...

"S-sir? What day is it?"
"January 18, 2020."

I choked back a loud sob, and held my breath.

It was Minji's birthday... She'd have been turning twenty six..

Seunghyun was going to buy her an apartment overlooking the city.

Oh Seunghyun.... I'm so sorry..

"H-happy birthday, baby..." I spluttered, dry heaves overtaking my body once again.

One didn't realize how much you loved something, till it disappeares from your life.

"Here's some food, Mr. Kwon."

I blinked and saw a small food tray appear in front of me. Dumplings... and stew....

Seunghyun made stew, and Minji made dumplings a few nights before I k....killed her.

I couldn't breathe anymore, and I had long lost my appetite...

I guess they had made me eat eventually because I remember throwing up in the corner of my padded room.

They moved me outside, and let me sit in the grass for a few hours while they disinfected the room.

Weird thing is, I couldn't remember the week at all. All I know is I slowly came back. They told me my thoughts were normal again.

I guess because of the events that followed it.

Pretty soon Friday had arrived, and they took me out to get new clothes. Something prettier than usual.

I like pretty clothes.

They told me to pick a dress shirt, and a simple pair of jeans. Which took me almost three hours just to find the right pair of jeans. Not to mention I began remembering when I went shopping with Seunghyun, and how we'd get a little carried away in the dressing rooms. Not because we found lingere, but because some of the jeans i wore were a little.....fitting.

They then led me into a car and told me where we were going.

My baby's grave.

I kept looking out the window, watching all the trees pass by. I didn't like the sudden motion attacking my eyes after a few minutes, for nausea was falling quickly upon me. 

I jerked forward in my seat as the car screeched to a sudden stop. Two people roughly grabbed my arms and pushed me out of the car, before shoving me hard toward a graveyard. Standing between two of the stones was a tall male, his hair slicked back, and a long, black leather coat draped around him. The collar was pushed up, and in an instant I knew who it was. My steps became cautious, and I approched him slowly.

"Jiyong.."

My eyes widened slightly as he turned to me. He looked sickly pale, and most of his skin was covered up. In his hand however, was a completely contrasting boquet of red roses. He smiled that cat like smile and handed me the bunch of flowers.

Oh god. Seeing him again...

I looked down. He was standing right in between Minji and Daesung's graves. A heavy pang of guilt stormed through my gut. Seunghyun's eyes were on me as I fell to my knees. Tears blurred my vision, and thoughts kept building up again.

One last time....

Ten minutes passed before I stood up again and leaned against Seunghyun. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm taking you home with me."
"But they sai-"
"I talked to them. Based on their tests, you're good enough for one night with me." He said with a wink.

Almost like the old days....

He took two roses out of my boquet and gently layed one on Minji and Daesung's graves. It's strangly contrasting to the grim feeling of the environment. How a simple flower can make a dark place a little more vivid.

His arm slipped around my waist, and he pulled me to his car. I smiled at the guards who escorted me, and they smiled back. That's how we communicated. Plus those guards were older than me, and said my smile was nicer than most of the inmates, and that I should smile more often. So if I ever needed anything, I would flash my smile at the guards, and they'd know exactly what I needed.

We drove back home in silence.

"Why did you do it?" He mumbled.
"It's my obsession." 
"That's a stupid excuse."
"Seungie..."

He got out and went to his front door. 

Why didn't I see this?

I too got out and trailed after him. The apartment was the exact same. Minji's name had been carved into the tile where I....I...I killed her.

"It's so lonely without her now. I don't have you, or my daughter anymore. I don't smell dumplings. I don't hear her voice. I don't hear your tiny squeals when she hugs you while you're cooking." His voice was slowly cracking. 
"J-.."

He didn't finish his sentence. He slumped against the counter and let sobs overtake himself. His whole body shook with each gut wrenching sob. I edged closer, gingerly placing my hand on his back.

"Y-you don't know the feeling do you? When the one person you love the most, ends up murdering the most precious thing in your life. It ruins a man, Ji." He choked. 

I stumbled back. I didn't expect this..

I should have gotten out...

There was a small chiming noise, and I glanced over to the clock. Six o'clock. I again approched Seunghyun.

Big mistake.

He spun around, and pinned me against the fridge. One of his arms was against my shoulders, holding me back. The other? The other was on my waist. Holding the very object that I had used to commit murder twice.

My shiny knife. My pretty object. My knife. 

Killing me.

He pulled the knife out slowly, my eyes were already wide, my hands gripping his shoulders. His arm moved, and I fell forward, gasping slightly. 

"Baby, you remember when you first told them about the murder?" He whispered softly, right into my ear. 

I nodded, faintly recalling the white room.

Why did you ever leave?

The blade pricked my side once again. I kept gasping and trying to breathe. There was a dark chuckle near my ear.

"I was there. I sat, in a ing wheelchair, and listened to you describe the murder of the second closest person to me. And then they took you away from me. I lost everything, Jiyong. Things happen to men when they don't have anything."

He my hair softly, before laying me on the ground, and brutally bringing the knife down into me. 

I don't know when he stopped.

I remember gagging.

Choking.

Coughing.

I remember him holding my head in place, and putting me in his lap. 

"Look over there." He said, tapping the ground next to me. "Do you know what spot that is?"

I probabaly nodded, and he stabbed me again.

He layed down next to me, not caring if his white shirt became soaked with blood. 

His hand reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a gun. 

"Death is beautiful, Jiyong. I want you to see if you felt the emotions of pain and grief while you die. The brain flashes every emotion at once. I want you to feel all of them."

He wedged the knife in my ribs one last time, leaving it sticking out of my torso.

The gun clicked.

"I love you. I always did. No matter what you did."

He never spoke again. A tear rolled down my cheek and mixed with the blood on the floor. 

This was really the end.

 

Kwon Jiyong and Choi Seunghyun.

Jiyong was stabbed over 200 times, then left with the knife wedged inside of him. Dead on discovery.

Seunghyun was found holding Jiyong in his arms. Gunshot wound found on the right side of his skull. Dead on discovery.

It is believed that Seunghyun was the one who stabbed Jiyong to death, before killing himself moments after.

No one will know the truth.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: -screams- I'M DONE I'M DONE YOU CAN KILL ME NOW

i'm sorry it took so long omg

i was just

i couldn't

i ca;dhgaio;dsfxlkmczjigoah[s;dkjga;dsfaio;whgwoi[dskc

Mian.

I'm actually going to go hide right now because I personally thing this , because sequals usually end up .

Oh and thanks to Rae who showed me this picture  and I started making walrus noises and screaming and crying and feeling a lot of emotions at once because I finally got the idea on what the to write and how the to end this thing.

So...

yeah.

I'm also going to hide because you're probably either screaming with emotions or just plain disapointed

LONG AUTHORS NOTE STOPPING HERE OKAY

~Minnie