Words that were never said [Dongwoo]

This thing called LOVE, One shot collection

Song- DBSK's Doue Kimi Wo Suki Ni Natte Shimattan Darou http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IodK8AKt1Xo

Lost Love


"Hey stop pushing her around! Leave her alone" shouted a ten year old boy pushing his way through the circle of middle school boys and to the nine year old girl that was in the middle of it, on the grassy floor crying her eyes out.

What seemed like the leader of the middle school boys shoved the younger boy to the grass, "look he thinks he can fight us" he said in a mocking voice and the group started to gang up on the little boy who tried his hardest to at least hit one of them.

The nine year old girl who was crying stopped after noticing there wasnt a circle around her anymore and looked to her left to see the same group of boys kicking the boy who had saved her. The boy began shouting names and within minutes a group of six boys around his age appeared and they joined in the fight. Eventually the middle school kids left, "lets go their all crazy" said the leader running away with his minions behind him.

"Dongwoo, what did you do now?" asked a boy who was probably their leader.

The boy named Dongwoo answered "they were harrassing her, I needed to do something" he pointed to the girl who was standing as well and looking at all seven of them with fear in her eyes. He gave her a wide grin which she widened her little eyes at.

"Thank you" she said in a small voice bowing and turning to run away from them until she heard the boy, Dongwoo shout "hey wait! whats your name?"

"Mi Sun, annyong!" said the little girl running to an older woman who was most likely her mother. "Mi Sun, were have you been? You had me going crazy" said her mother grabbing Mi Sun's hand and walking away.

That was the start of the friendship between the little girl and the seven boys. The group of eight were never seen without one another, they enrolled in the same schools as each other and did everything together. Even so, Dongwoo was the closest to Mi Sun, it appeared as though the two of them were joined by the hip. At least, until high school came around.

"Have you guys seen Mi Sun?" asked Dongwoo as he and Sunggyu walked over to the table that Myungsoo and Sungjong had been sitting at. They looked at each other before shaking their heads, "there comes the rest of hyungs, their in her grade so they should be with her" said Sungjong pointing to 91-er's of their group Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol who were pushing each other around as they made their way to the table.

"Yah! Where's Mi Sun?" Dongwoo almost shouted at his younger friends who stopped joking around and shrugged their shoulders, "omo, she could be getting harrassed by some girls or even worst guys!" and he got up from his seat at the table, Dongwoo only took a few steps before he noticed Mi Sun's familiar face walking out of the double doors.

He walked towards Mi Sun and didnt hear Woohyun ask "whose that guy she's with?"

"Dongwoo oppa!" said Mi Sun sending him one of those smiles that stopped his heart beat, Dongwoo waved and expected a hug from her but instead he was meet with Mi Sun saying "this is my bestfriend Jang Dongwoo, Dongwoo oppa this is Son Dongwoon hes in practically all my classes" causing Dongwoo to frown as he looked at the taller guy behind her.

"Uh.. hey man" said Dongwoo replacing his frown with a blank expression and the three of them began walking towards the others. Mi Sun poked Dongwoo in his side and said "be nice, I think I like this guy and I dont want you all chasing him away" only adding to his blank expression.

Mi Sun excitedly introduced her new friend Dongwoon to the rest of the guys and then they all began to eat. Dongwoo remembered something searched through his bag and pulled out a box, as he was going to hand it to Mi Sun he saw Dongwoon giving Mi Sun some of his food, "my omma made it fresh this morning" said Dongwoon and his deep voice just made Dongwoo's blood pressure rise in anger.

"Anyone else find it creepy that hes a letter away from having the same name as hyung?" asked Sungjong innocently causing Sungyeol to hit his head to be quiet.

Dongwoo looked down at the box in his hand, his mother had made an extra smaller lunch box for Mi Sun with her favorite foods. "Here, you guys have this" said Dongwoo pushing the box in the middle for his six friends to share it, he looked away from Mi Sun and put his eyes on his lunchbox.

Months passed and Dongwoo felt like he barely saw Mi Sun without Dongwoon, until one afternoon Dongwoon's friends came to pick him up and go out, leaving Mi Sun behind. Dongwoo let a relief sigh escape his lips when she told him the reason why she was alone. They walked in comfortable silence until Mi Sun stopped walking, "Dongwoo oppa..... um about the dance this friday-" Mi Sun began but he cut her off.

"Oh yeah! Its gonna be so much fun, we'll finally be together without your pal Dongwoon having to be around" said Dongwoo placing an arm around her shoulder with a gummy smile on his face. Mi Sun looked at him confused before shaking her head.

"I was going to say... Dongwoon oppa had asked me to go with him..." she corrected and Dongwoo felt his heart drop to his stomach, he wished for her not to say what he thought she was going to say. Seeing his dejected expression she was quick to add "I told him I already was going with you, but he then he asked me out on a ...date."

Dongwoo froze and looked into her eyes, why was she telling him this? He couldnt take anymore of the conversation and wished that he could click his heels three times and be home, like in the movie Mi Sun had made him watch when they were younger. "Um... ok?" he said.

"I've never been around any guy other than you and the other oppas" said Mi Sun pouting her perfectly shaped pink lips that Dongwoo wished to kiss just once. "Besides Woo oppa's flirting, I've never really noticed a guy like I did with Dongwoon, hes so handsome.." added Mi Sun and Dongwoo tried his best to keep his composure and not spill his heart out to her right there and then.

When Mi Sun bidded her goodbye Dongwoo noticed that they were at her house and he waved before continuing his walk to his house. Arriving, Dongwoo went silently into his room, closing the door behind him and fall to the floor, why didnt she see the way he felt about her? Why didnt she look at him the way she looked at Dongwoon? Why did it have to be some random new guy she just met when Dongwoo had been standing right next to her this whole time?

That was the first time Dongwoo became a mess because the love of his life didnt feel the same way about him. He would mope around his house and school for days whenever Mi Sun would speak to him about Dongwoon. What he didnt know was her intentions behind it all.

Son Dongwoon was the first guy to pay attention to Mi Sun as more than a friend, and thats why she was so excited about starting a relationship with someone even if it wasnt the person she really loved. The owner of her heart was Dongwoo, her best friend. She began having feelings for him around the time he turned thirteen and she twelve. A small crush blossomed into love. That very love that hurt her when he didnt show any emotion, anger or jealousy when Dongwoon first came into the picture. That was the reason why she decided to give Dongwoon a chance, he was geniunely interested in her unlike Dongwoo.

Mi Sun thought that Dongwoo only saw her as a friend and it hurt her but she knew it was best to move on. She would eventually learn to love Dongwoon, he deserved someone better than her and she knew it but she would love him to the best of her abilities. It helped when Dongwoo and the rest of the guys announced that they had gotten into an entertainment company and would be leaving to train as idols.

She knew he rapped and danced and so did the rest of her oppas, but all of them leaving her at once? It broke her heart even more when she realized Dongwoo would leave her probably forever and she wouldnt get a chance to reveal her feelings. When they left it was too late and Dongwoon was there to pick up the pieces of Mi Sun's heart.

Eventually life continued for Mi Sun and Dongwoon was there right by her side. All his training helped Dongwoo forget about his hurt heart, even though he would speak to Mi Sun occasionally, and he debutted with his friends under the name Infinite. They won over the hearts of people all across the world quickly but receiving all this love from strangers reminded him of the only person's heart he didnt win over.

"Oh Dongwoo ah! An invitation from Mi Sun came in the mail for you, in fact she sent invitations for all of you here" said his mother going into the drawer and taking out the sealed white envelopes handing them to Sunggyu to give to the guys. Her eyes landed on her sons and she gave him a sad smile patting his back before giving him the envelope.

Confused, Dongwoo only furrowed his eyes more when he saw Sunggyu's small eyes become big for once, he noted that Woohyun and Sungyeol were silent for once, Sungjong gasped and began fanning himself and the silent Hoya and Myungsoo were whispered to each other very quietly. He teared open the envelope stopped when he noticed the type of invitation it was.

"Shes getting married?.... to him?" said Dongwoo looking at the paper in his hands as if it were written in a foreign language he didnt know.

'You are invited to the marriage of Son Dongwoon and Lee Mi Sun....' the perfectly scripted words were glaring at Dongwoo as he felt his world crashing down on him.

How could this happen to him?

Of course, he did leave her on her own, that was practically his Christmas gift to Dongwoon his chance to win over her heart.

But still.

"Aigo my son and his friends look so sharp" said Dongwoo's mother pinching Dongwoo's cheeks, he gave her a fake smile before staring at his reflection in the mirror.

"Why couldnt you tell her? Why did you say you love her?" he asked himself outloud not caring who was in the room.

Sunggyu placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed before nodding at the door, "she wanted to see us before this thing started." Dongwoo barely nodded his head as they all made their way to the bridal room, the girl, no the woman that was sitting in front of the vanity mirror took his breathe away.

"Wah" said Sungjong and the others had their mouth hanging open as they looked at their friend Mi Sun in a flowing white dress. She looked up at Dongwoo through the mirror and sent him her famous heart stopping smile as her maid of honor helped put the veil on her head. Her bridesmaids left the room, leaving Infinite standing in front of Mi Sun with admiring eyes.

"Your all grown up now huh? Your no longer that little girl Dongwoo saved from those guys" said Sunggyu causing everyone to remember that day. He took Mi Sun into his arms giving her a long hug and pulling away with a smile as he turned to walk away.

Woohyun looked at her up and down and she playfully hit his arm, "nope, no more flirting for you, unfortunately getting married means we cant flirt no more" he said laughing as Mi Sun rolled her eyes and hugged him. Dongwoo flinched at those words, she was going to be with one man and only that man.

Hoya looked at Dongwoo with a sad expression before pulling a smile on and turning to Mi Sun, "Ho oppa, you've went from that chubby little boy to this!" said Mi Sun gesturing at him and he smirked before hugging her "I'm supposed to compliment the amazing bride" he said in her ears.

Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong quickly hugged Mi Sun as they tried not to cry, "its like a slideshow of us growing up together is flashing in my head" said Sungjong fanning his eyes to prevent the tears, Mi Sun pulled her dongsaeng into another hug and said "aigo, your gonna make me cry."

The three left and now it was only Dongwoo and Mi Sun in the room. They were both prepared for a wedding, her looking stunning in the white wedding gown and him in a black suit with his red vest under the jacket. It was silent for a moment until Dongwoo took a few steps closing the space between them and he put his hands on her waist causing her to blush. Mi Sun cursed her heart as she was sure he could hear it beating so hard. Dongwoo smiled sadly at her before lowering his lips to her right ear "Sarangheyo Sun."

Mi Sun couldnt say anything back and only nodded wordlessly as Dongwoo's eyes looked through hers and he sighed before geniunely smiling and saying "be happy" as he pulled out of the hug and walked out the door.

That was all it took to have Mi Sun crumble into pieces, it was as if he was leaving her to go train again but this time she was leaving him for good. "Those were the words I've waited for you to say oppa.... sarangheyo Jang Dongwoo, goodbye" she said putting her hand against the door as tears leaked out of her eyes.

Unknown to each other Dongwoo was leaning his forehead against the same door, "at least one of us will be happy, I love you too much to stop you from being happy even if that means I wouldnt be" he mumbled under his breathe and turned away only to see Dongwoon standing nervously at the end of the hall.

Dongwoo stopped right next to him, "you better keep her happy as long as the both of you live" he said looking forward not even at Dongwoon, who nodded.

If you asked Jang Dongwoo what was the hardest moment of his life, he would say during his training days being away from family and friends.

But that would be only part of the truth.

It would actually be watching his best friend, childhood love and love of his life vowing to eternally love Son Dongwoon, her second choice, until death do they part. All because he didnt man up and tell her about his feelings, no sadly he had to wait til death to be with her and then only maybe they will be together.