First Song

Of Coffee and Pizza

 

The sound of his phone going off woke Soohyun from his nap, making him jump and tumble to the floor. Sighing he reached up from his spot on the ground, grabbing his phone from off the coffee table. He almost glared a hole in the screen when he realized just who it was who was calling him. He carefully pressed the answer button, bringing the phone up to his ear.

 

"Ye, abojji." He said bitterly, looking off into space waiting for the sound of his father's voice.

 

"Shin Soohyun. You finally answer your phone." His father said from the other line, his voice was cold, and emotionless.

 

"I finally got enough money to pay for my phone bill. Not like I really wanted to turn it back on in the first place. To many people I want to forget." He said truthfully. He could hear the sound of his father laughing on the other end, and it only made him angry. This whole simple conversation was enough to make his blood boil.

 

"You sound so poor son. Why don't you just come back home. Here you have money, you have friends, and you have a house with heating." His father said, a slight smirk could be heard in his voice, but Soohyun just rolled his eyes.

 

"I'm not going home. I wasn't going anywhere there." Soohyun said bitterly.

 

"Soohyun, you had something here. You're taking over the company from me." His father said, his voice no longer joking, and once again stern. Soohyun scoffed, looking down at the rug on his floor, his hand gently roaming over the harsh fiber.

 

"I'm never going home dad. I don't care how poor I'm living right now. I'll show you father. I'll become something, and I won't have anyone else to thank, but myself." Soohyun said, before hanging up quickly, tossing his phone onto the couch.

 

"Aish!" He yelled out, ruffling his hair in frustration. The sound of his phone going off once again made him look up confused.

 

"What...? Oh the alarm...the alarm!" He jumped up from his spot on the floor rushing off to the bathroom to begin getting ready. Finally, his first job. If he hadn't have found this place to give him a job, he probably would have lost the apartment. Maybe things were finally starting to get better for him.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A bustling little cafe on the side of the street. Customers waiting down the road just to get a chance to see the beautiful flower boys that ran the shop. Small and feminine Kevin; silly and eccentric Xander; and the always calm and handsome Ellison. The Ddalgi Cafe, it was quickly becoming the most popular place in Seoul, and Ellison wasn't sure how he could handle all the new business

.

"Hyung! Two iced americanos and one cappuccino!" the smallest of the males shouted. Ellison sighed, smiling to two of the customers before disappearing behind the counter to fill the order. Xander looked up from clearing off a table, the bell on the door ringing signaling someone was entering the cafe.

 

"Oh Soohyun! You came back!" Kevin said happily, setting down the drinks onto the table in front of him. Soohyun gave the small boy a smile before nodding.

 

"Of course I came back." He said with a small chuckle. The sound of a cup crashing to the floor rang through the busy cafe, everyone stopping what they were doing to look back at the counter. Ellison had ducked down behind the counter, and was now keeping himself busy with picking up the broken pieces of glass.

 

"Everything ok back there Eli?" Xander asked his boss, looking back at him. Ellison nodded quickly, getting up from his spot on the floor, a small blush apparent on his cheeks.

 

"I'm fine...the cup...just slipped.." He said lamely, sighing to himself. The truth was, he had gotten so distracted when Soohyun had walked in, he had over filled the cup with the hot coffee, making him drop it out of pain.

 

"Soohyun was it? You can set up over there on that stage..." Ellison said pointing to a small corner in the cafe. Soohyun nodded, giving Ellison a small smile before maneuvering his way through the shop. Xander took this chance to making his way over to his boss, looking at him.

 

"You like him." Xander said with a small smirk. Ellison glared at his friend, pushing on his shoulder gently.

 

"I do not." Ellison stated firmly, grabbing a new glass to replace the one he had dropped. The older male watched as his boss filled the cup with the warm liquid, taking out a toothpick to begin swirling out a design on the top.

 

"Why can't you admit it? It was love at first sight for you. I mean even Kevin saw it!" Xander said, throwing his arms up in the air, trying to emphasize his point even more. Ellison turned to his co-worker, a small glare in his eyes.

 

"If you don't stop bugging me about this I'll fire you." He threatened, pointing at the male. Xander laughed at the empty threat, shaking his head. The sweet sound of an acoustic guitar began to fill the busy cafe walls, soon followed by a powerful yet gentle voice. Ellison handed the coffee to one of the customers before looking over to the corner where Soohyun had began playing.

He was captivating. The way his body swayed slowly with the slow music. How perfectly in tune his voice was, never faltering once even as his voice began to hit the higher notes. His voice was truly perfect. Ellison was sure he had never before heard such an amazing voice. He couldn't believe that he would be hearing this voice every day now. That thought made his body tense up. Every day he would see Soohyun. Every day he would have to fight with his affections. Every day.

 

Ellison released a fairly loud groan, his burying his head in his arms. How was he going to do this? It had been years since his last crush, and he was sure this time would be just as confusing as the last. Seeing as he was so inexperienced in anything and everything when it came to dating. Plus, just to make matters worse he was sure Soohyun wasn't gay. There wasn't a single thing about him that even showed a hint of liking men.

 

Of course Ellison was so used to Alexander and Kevin's so blatant shows of flamboyantness he had been thrown off his game. He was no longer sure if anyone he met was gay unless they had the same actions as his best friends. And in a town like Seoul, in a country like Korea, it was hard to find anyone like that at all. Kevin and Alexander were a rare breed indeed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

The rest of the day went by without any other incidents. However Ellison may have been a bit clumsier than usual he managed not to break anything else, and he also managed not to harm anything. However he had caused more spills then he could count and by closing time, Alexander had given up on trying to keep up with the other, making Ellison have to clean up himself.

 

"Thank you for your excellent service Soohyun!" Kevin beamed. "You're amazing! I'm surprised you don't have a record deal yet!" the younger boy praised, his eyes gleaming with admiration. Soohyun coughed, clearing his throat with a cheeky grin.

 

"Thank you Kevin..but you know I'm not all that great.." he mumbled, a small blush forming on his cheeks.

 

"Our boss would say otherwise." Alexander said with a wide gummy smile, pointing over his shoulder to Ellison, who was currently cleaning up one of his many spills. Soohyun blinked at the older's words, leaning to the side to get a better view of the black haired male. A small smile tugged on his lips before looking at the two males in front of him.

 

"Oh so he isn't always that clumsy?" Soohyun asked, humor in his voice. Kevin let out a small giggle and shook his head.

 

"Normally I'm the clumsy one." he admitted, making Xander pat his head affectionately and Soohyun chuckle.

 

As Soohyun watched the three close up the shop, he couldn’t help but smile. They were all best friends, and got along so well. He knew being an outsider it would be a bit difficult for him to fit in with them, but it also meant that at least he’d be working in a happy and carefree work environment. He felt safe around them.

 

“I think I’m really going to like it here..” Soohyun whispered to himself.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s Note: Boring update is boring. But an update nonetheless. FORGIVE ME FOR DISAPPEARING. HOPEFULLY IT WON’T TAKE THIS LONG TO UPDATE EVER AGAIN.

 

Tumbr.

Twitter.