My Best Friend and Her ‘Boy’

One in a Million

 

Few days ago…

Sejin's POV

How you call this a holiday when you still have to go to campus to manage things your lecturer didn’t finished?

My campus was full with students today. Organization-oriented, not my thing.

Suho is serious enough to be a head department in our college’s student’s club. So, this holiday didn’t really feel like a holiday to him.

When I burned myself in Jeju Island with Namgil and Yoonji, my favorite maids, Suho let himself studied the college map even better with spending almost 24 hours there. Ha.

I was reading my literature book in one of college’s cafes when I heard this loud voice coming from behind shouting my name.

“SEJIN-AAAAAAAH! SEJIN SEJIN HAN SEJIN!!” I didn’t need to turn my head to know whose voice is that, my best friend, Go Mari.

“Yah. Your friend isn’t deaf so you don’t need to call my name out loud,”

I looked at my best friend who was catching her breaths, she held books and a paper which I assumed a poster of something in both of her hands.

“What is that,” I pointed the paper she held, not literally asking.

Mari took a gulp of my green tea after balancing her breaths, “oh yes, this! Oh my God I’m feeling some sparkles of heaven on my head right now. You know I-…”

“I don’t,” I cut her off, push the seat beside me and signal her to sit there, “Calm yourself first or I won’t listen to anything you said,” I move my attention to my book again.

After some minutes, Mari finally felt calmer and talked again.

“Yah, Han Sejin. You can listen to me now, can’t you?” Mari poked my shoulder as I turned my head and gave my attention back to her.

“So, what sparkles were you saying before? Have you dead already and able to see heaven and my mom?” I chuckled, but Mari seemed to not find it funny.

“Okay, okay…What is it Mary Jane? What did you want to see-…” I stop once she put the mentioned paper right in front of my face.

Kyunghee’s Summer festival? SISTAR, B1A4, NU’EST, Dal Shabet, Baek.. I don’t even need to go any further on the list, sigh

“This boy Baekhyun will go to our campus next week?”

“Yes!!! God, please Sejin stop act so displease every time you mention his name, he didn’t do anything to you,” Mari turned her head to the menu, considering to bought some cold beverage.

“Yes, he is. I don’t know what’s so great about him that makes you and thousands of people out there screaming every time his name mentioned. I mean… he isn’t that good. It’s a rare thing to see a soloist got a huge response these days”

“There you got the point…” Mari raised her hand and calling the waitress.

She told the waitress what she wants then,

“You should think ‘why this boy got so much attention when he’s just a soloist?’ not underestimate him instead. This boy I love…”

Mari stopped herself and took a look at her ‘boy’ in the poster, “…has an amazing talent, you know. That’s why people love him. You are the weird one who don’t”

Actually, Mari is right. I myself don’t know why I hate this boy named Baekhyun.

He just debuted a year ago, but he already gained a lot of awards since then. There must be something special about him.

What bothers me is the fact that he’s an ‘instant’ artist.

Yes, I know everything about him, thanks to Mari.

He didn’t even want to become an idol, but someone extremely rich spotted him in a public place singing to himself and decided to make him a singer.

I don’t think it’s right for any artist who burned their body, drown in sweats, to be beaten by a boy who didn’t even think to try

Yes. That’s how righteous I am.

My mind was suddenly moved to other thing when Mari’s friend sat beside her and laughing out loud.

“Ah, yes. This is my friend, Sejin. Sejin, she’s Ahyoung my high school friend,” I shook my hands with the girl named Ahyoung and politely introduce myself.

“So, what do you like for your birthday? Baekhyun?” asked Ahyoung which let Mari laughed a little and blushed.

Shoot. I forgot Mari’s birthday.

“How can I ask for such thing from you? Haha”

“I can try to take you to backstage when he visits your campus next week. I’m a committee”

“Really? But, won’t it make you look bad? Using your position for my advantage”

“It’s nothing, you-“ their conversation interrupted by Ahyoung’s phone.

“Ah, yes…So I won’t work at Kyunghee’s one, right? Okay, I understand. Yes, you’re welcome Miss Jang,” Ahyoung was done with her phone call and look at Mari who seemed understood.

“I’m sorry,” Ahyoung’s face changed when she said that.

“No problem, Ahyoungie. Maybe next time I can meet him hehe”

That boy is really the gift you wanted for your precious birthday, Mari? What that boy do to you? What kind of spell he give?

 

 

[A/N : Double update today! I still in my long holiday so I still have much time to write as much as I can. No comment yet. sobs. I hope you like my story. Want to see Baekhyun? Keep updating and don't forget to subscribe!]