Promises

Braces
 
Jinki woke up to fingers cascading down his hair to the base of his neck and back up again. He shifted and but the fingers didn't stop. Instead another hand wrapped around him and he felt his face get tilted up and a kiss placed on his cheek.
 
"Good morning bunny." Jonghyun said.
 
"Good morning Jjong. How long have you been up ?" Jinki asked squinting towards his clock to see that they still have a hour before they needed to get ready.
 
"Long enough to watch the sun rise and shine around you like an angel." Jonghyun said making Jinki flush.
 
"You're being extra sweet today." Jinki said.
 
"I thought I lost you yesterday." Jonghyun said a bit sadly.
 
"About that. I'm really sorry. Those words, I didn't mean them. I know you care for me and I know you're here for me. I was just upset because all of this is really stressing me out. Join actually liking me ? A bully actually liking the one he picks on how kindergarten. I hate him so much." Jinki said.
 
"Then why give him another chance ? Why go over his house ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"I don't...I don't really know. I guess I can sympathize with him. I can see that honestly he's not so bad. He's just going about everything the wrong way." Jinki said.
 
"Yeah like trying to steal someone else's boyfriend. Why court you ? Are you that perfect to capture two hearts ?" Jonghyun asked looking in Jinki's eyes and the older flushed. "But I'm sorry as well." Jonghyun started.
 
"No seriously Jjong I'm the one at fault. I overreacted and I hurt you." Jinki took the younger's hand in his, linking their fingers. "I don't ever want to hurt you."
 
"And I won't hurt you." Jonghyun said kissing the elders hand.
 
"I won't leave you either. Not for Joon not for anyone. You have my heart not him." Jinki said and Jonghyun smiled.
 
"That's all I wanted to hear babe. That we will be each other's forever." Jonghyun said and Jinki smiled back.
 
"We have time to go out and eat breakfast. Do you want to go ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Yeah. Hmm what about your clothes?" Jinki asked.
 
"I brought my bag in the car." Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded. They got up and washed up. Both slipping into clean outfits before telling Jinki's mother they were leaving for school. They ate at a near by cafe before going to school. 
 
"You know I just realized something." Jonghyun said on their way to school.
 
"What ?" Jinki asked sipping his drink.
 
"We don't have any friends. Like I talk to the football guys because we are a team but I would never hang out with them." Jonghyun explained.
 
"Yeah I get what you mean." Jinki said. "I guess it's cause people don't like me. You're perfectly fine but I'm like the school taboo." Jinki said like it was nothing.
 
"Hyung how can you say that ? There's nothing wrong with you. People at our school just ." Jonghyun said.
 
"I don't care too much for them. At least we have Taemin." Jinki said and Jonghyun nodded.
 
"Where is the kiddo lately ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"I don't know. The buddy program should make us see him more but he's never around. Maybe he found some cooler friends." Jinki said.
 
"Hmm as long as he's happy." Jonghyun said pulling into a parking space. Jinki hummed at that. As long as he was happy.
 
They split ways eventually. Jonghyun giving him as kiss as he walked him to his first block before turning the corner towards his class. The day wasn't eventful until Jinki had class with Joon. The boy strolled in and sat right next to Jinki who was in the middle of doing calculations.
 
"Hey Jinki." Joon said.
 
"Hi Joon." Jinki said.
 
"Sorry if last night was too awkward." Joon said. "I really was just happy you wanted to come over."
 
"Ah it's fine Joon." Jinki said.
 
"Really ?" Joon asked taking the younger's hand. "I thought you would still hate me."
 
"I do." Jinki said and Joon's smile faded. He let go of Jinki's hand. "I hate you with every fiber in my soul. But right now isn't the time to talk about such things. Actually, we should talk." 
 
"When ? Just us ?" Joon asked.
 
"Um yeah just us ? Who else ?" Jinki looked confused for a moment. "But during lunch."
 
"Okay." Joon said and Jinki went back to his math problem. Telling Jonghyun this would be eventful.
 
And indeed it was. Jonghyun looked annoyed.
 
"Again ? You need to talk to him privately again ?" Jonghyun asked, arms crossed.
 
"Yes. I'm doing this both of our sakes. So he will get the picture and to reassure you that I'm really not going anywhere." Jinki said smiling at his boyfriend.
 
"Okay just stay in my sight. If he tries something I will kill him." Jonghyun said.
 
"Not if I kill him first. But okay Jjong. I'll try to make this quick so we can eat together." Jinki said pecking Jonghyun on the cheek who in return pecked him on the lips making the older flush.
 
"So cute. Okay go before I change my mind and drag you in the nearest empty class room." Jonghyun said and Jinki flushed harder before shaking his head. He met Joon at a near by bench and sat down. The older was eating a orange and playing on his phone. Jinki had to tap him back to reality when the older didn't notice his presence. 
 
"Oh." Joon jumped.
 
"Whatcha playing ?" Jinki asked leaning to look on the older's phone.
 
"Some game. It's so addicting." Joon explained and Jinki nodded watching him play a level before he died.
 
"Ah well why not get straight to the point shall we ?" Jinki asked and Joon nodded.
 
"It's about me courting you right ? I really won't stop. I really want to make you mine." Joon said. 
 
"See this is where I have to draw the line because Joon I was never yours to make. I already have someone." Jinki said.
 
"I was willing to share remember?" Joon said.
 
"No. No sharing. I don't think my heart has it in me to share. And neither does Jonghyun. We are both too selfish to add another into the relationship." Jinki explained.
 
Joon frowned a bit. "Even so, I still want you."
 
"Oh Joon." Jinki groaned. This boy was so stubborn and persistent that it was irritating. Jinki want to knock some since into the guy but he didn't know how to if the older had a reply to everything he says.
 
"Listen," Jinki sighed. "Us, we would never work out. You, you scarred me badly. Wounds like no other are inflicted on me thanks to you. I don't think I can get over that. No matter how much you change." Jinki said. Joon's gaze went sad as he took in Jinki's serious face and bit his bottom  lip.
 
"You're serious about this ?" Joon asked after a while of silence and Jinki nodded. 
 
"Is this what rejection feels like ?" Joon asked, clutching his chest. "It hurts."
 
"Yeah." Jinki said. "It won't hurt for long. You'll find someone really better then me. Someone who has the same amount of feelings for you." 
 
"I don't think theses feelings will die out that quickly. They seem to be growing." Joon said. Jinki didn't see it but he was such an angel. Joon knew no one could touch him on that level of innocence. With each moment he spent with Jinki, his heart swelled for the younger. He just craved for his attention, to be around Jinki. To make him laugh and smile. It wouldn't feel right to suddenly have that all gone when he just got it.
 
"We can still be friends of course Joon. But there is a lot of changing you need to do and maybe I can help you with that." Jinki said.
 
"Change ? How can you help me change ?" Joon asked.
 
"I think it's more like me helping you help yourself. You already stopped bullying right ?" Jinki asked and Joon nodded. He hasn't touched anyone since he realized his feelings for the younger. "Great ! See. You know that hurting others is bad and if you can understand that you can understand a lot more." Jinki said and Joon just sat quietly, taking it all in.
 
"I know it's a lot to be thrown at you but trust me Joon. You'll be better off without me as a lover." Jinki said.
 
"Yeah..." Joon said voice a bit far way like he wasn't all that. Jinki frowned at this but sighed. This was the best he would get from him it seems. He stood up and gave the older one last look before walking back to his boyfriend who was under their normal tree.
 
"How'd it go ?" Jonghyun asked as Jinki curled into his boyfriends chest.
 
"I think it will take some time but this time I got to him." Jinki said and Jonghyun hummed and kissed his cheek.
 
"Your lisp is kinda gone." Jonghyun acknowledged and Jinki nodded.
 
"Maybe these braces are finally settling in." Jinki said smiling.
 
"Eat my bunny." Jonghyun says sliding him a sandwich and Jinki accepted it, eyes flickering over to the now abandoned spot Joon was once in.
 
They had a few moments of silence when they saw a boy running towards them. He stopped with a huff.
 
"Um yes ?" Jonghyun asked confused.
 
"You two know Lee Taemin right ?" The guy asked and both teens nodded.
 
"Have you heard from him lately. I'm really worried." The kid said finally catching his breath.
 
"No we haven't ? Is something wrong ?" Jinki asked.
 
"Yeah. I think- I think maybe I should tell you two something. You're close with Taemin ? Like really close ?" The kid asked.
 
"As close as he would let us. Why ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Also who are you ?" Jinki asked.
 
"I'm Minho. Friend of Taemin. I think- no I know his older brother is bullying him and that might be why he is missing lately." Minho said.
 
"Older brother ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Bullying ? Are you sure ?" Jinki asked.
 
"I witnessed it a few times but Taemin doesn't seemed phased by it. It's almost as if he shuts down." Minho explained. "When I ask him about it he gets tense. His brother is really sneaky. What if he hurt him ?." The kid looked really distressed and Jinki frowned.
 
"We could go check up on him. Do you know where he lives ?" Jinki asked.
 
"No." Minho frowned. "But we can find out. I'm really worried."
 
"Okay let's go now." Jonghyun said. "Let's check the office files and then stop by his house." Jinki nodded and Minho smiled, thankful.
 
.
.
.
 
Taemin was carried into one of the dark rooms down in the basement. He was thrown on a bed and groaned when he landed roughly in his cast.
 
"Oh does it hurt ? Do you want your big brother to make it feel better ?" Kyuhyun asked placing a gentle hand on Taemin's foot. The boy tried to pull it away but Kyuhyun gripped it tightly making Taemin groan.
 
"Ah your cries shouldn't be muffled Tae. You know how much I hate that." Kyuhyun said patting the younger's leg. Each pat sent a wave of pain through Taemin.
 
"Hmm lets play shall we ? Let's see what's in the treasure chest." Kyuhyun said and got up and walked across the room to a chest. He unlocked it and Taemin's eyes widened. The last time they "played" like this, Taemin was unconscious for days.
 
"Let's see. Shall we play with your favorite first Tae ?" Kyuhyun asked and pulled out a paddle. Taemin had half the mind to try and scramble away but he know the hits would be worse if he tried to run away. Kyuhyun walked over towards him and sat down on the bat.
 
"Come here." Kyuhyun said not even giving Taemin the chance to say no as he pulled the younger across his lap. "You've been pretty bad lately Taemin. Hanging out with a boy. Not listening to me. Hiding from me. Do you think you could run away from me for long ?" The paddle slammed down on Taemin's behind and he had to bite his lip to stop from screaming out.
 
"Huh ? Speak up when I'm talking to you." Kyuhyun said hitting him again.
 
"No." Taemin choked out.
 
"Do you think you could hide behind some snot nose brat ? Did you honestly think you made a friend ?" Two more hits had tears filling in Taemin's eyes. "Answer me !" Kyuhyun hit Taemin so hard that the paddle cracked and Taemin let out a sob. Jesus it hurt. His bottom stung and he was lucky the older didn't make him take off his pants like last time.
 
"N-no." Taemin sputtered out before Kyuhyun could hit him again. The older sat the paddle down and patted Taemin's . 
 
"Good boy. Know how worthless you are. No one would want to be your friend." Each pat didn't make Taemin feel better as Kyuhyun pushed him to grab another item. Kyuhyun grabbed some tape and placed it over Taemin's mouth.
 
"We're going to have to keep you quiet for the next game baby brother." Kyuhyun said and Taemin looked at him tiredly as he tied his wrist together as well. He wished Kyuhyun hurried up or knocked him out already. He didn't have enough patience to deal with this today.
 
"Don't give me that look. That bored look. How can you look so passive when we are supposed to be having fun ?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
Taemin wanted to call him crazy. Wanted to curse at him and deem the older insane but he could barely move and his cries would be muffled.
 
"You know, how about we put some life into these ugly eyes of yours." Kyuhyun said pushing Taemin back so that he landed on his back. "It's annoys me so much that I can't get anything out of you. So why don't we just put it in you."
 
Taemin's eyes widened slightly because that was new. He felt hands tug on his pajama bottoms and Taemin squirmed to move away. Kyuhyun slapped his face a couple times before gripping him by his chin.
 
"Stay still and maybe you'll get to enjoy this." 
 
No. Taemin didn't want to enjoy this. He moved, kicked his one non broken leg about as his pants were ripped off of him.
 
"So pale and thin. Do you think you will break ?" Kyuhyun asked trailing his hand down Taemin's thigh. "Let's hope huh ?"
 
Taemin glared at him and tried to buck away when a hand cupped him.
 
"So tiny Tae. Are you even a teenager?" Kyuhyun teased and Taemin would love to base the older's head into the wall but all this trashing was making him weaker. Kyuhyun rubbed him slowly and it felt awful. He wanted the older far way from him. He tried to tell his body that no this wasn't right. That this was indeed a horrible act but he was a hormonal teen and the heat was pooling inside his stomach. Kyuhyun grinned as he began to stiffen up a bit at his touch. Before he could do anything else, the door bell rang.
 
The sound echoed throughout the house and Taemin had never been more thankful. "They'll go away." Kyuhyun said but the doorbell was pressed multiple times. Groaning, he got up and patter Taemin's head. 
 
"I'll be back."
 
.
.
.
 
"This is their house ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"It's almost big as yours Jjong." Jinki said and Jonghyun nodded. Minho rang the doorbell wasting no time. When no one answered he did it again. And again and again until Jonghyun tugged him back.
 
"Hey be a bit patient. They might not be here." Jonghyun said and Minho nodded. Though soon the door opened and met with the face of Kyuhyun. He looked bored.
 
"Go away." Kyuhyun said about to shut the door.
 
"Where's Taemin?" Minho asked.
 
"Why want to him ?" Kyuhyun asked and Minho glared.
 
"What are you doing to him ?" Minho asked. "Where is he ?"
 
"Listen kid, I think you should leave and mind your business. Taemin doesn't want to be your friend nor boy toy so go away." Kyuhyun said.
 
"Not until I see him first." Minho said.
 
"No." Kyuhyun said and Minho got annoyed. He knew something was wrong. He could tell by the look in Kyuhyuns face. When the older tried to shut the door again he pushed it open, making Kyuhyun fall back.
 
"Hey !" Jonghyun and Jinki shouted as they watched Kyuhyun fall and knock his head on the edge of a marble banister, knocking himself out. Minho wasted no time rushing into the house. He shouted Taemin's name but got no answer.
 
"Taemin!" Minho ran upstairs checking every bedroom. He found Taemin's empty, the boys bed messy but his camera laid on his desk and there were small stacks of photographs. Where is he ? Kyuhyun talked as if Taemin was here do if he wasn't up he must be down. He ran back down stairs and passed Jonghyun who grabbed him.
 
"Hey woah calm down." Jonghyun said. "Can you pause for a second and tell us what's going on here ? You just knocked out that guy." 
 
"That guy is pure evil. I know he's hiding Taemin here though. He's not upstairs but maybe he's downstairs." Minho said.
 
"Okay just take Jinki with you while I watch over this guy to make sure he doesn't die or anything." Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded. They looked for the entrance of the basement. It was so many doors in this place that it took them a while but eventually they found it. Minho walked down the stairs first and Jinki followed him. The basement was really nice. He was fully furnished and and clean. There were four doors on the opposite ends.
 
"Okay one of these might have Taemin in it." Jinki said and they began opening them. Jinki opened up a snack room and Minho a bedroom. They both opened up a game room and finally the last door.
 
Minho reached to open it but it was locked. Him and Jinki gave one another a look before Jinki nodded.
 
"I got this." Jinki said and he took a step back before kicking the door knob, knocking it off.
 
"Wow how'd you learn how to do that ?" Minho asked.
 
"Running away for years gave me a lot of strength in these legs." Jinki said and Minho nodded. They pushed the door open and gasped at the sight of a tied up Taemin. He was only in a button up pajama shirt and briefs. His eyes widened at the sight of Minho and Jinki.
 
Both boys immediately began to free him out of his restraints. Taemin pulled off the take from his mouth, not even caring if it burned.
 
"Oh my goodness Taemin are you okay ?" Minho asked scared to pull the younger one in his arms. Taemin nodded but winced as he tried to sit up.
 
"Where does it hurt ?" Jinki asked and Taemin flushed as he pointed to his . They could actually see the red skin from around the briefs.
 
"Oh poor Taemin-ah. Was this your brother ?" Jinki asked pulling the smaller into a hug. Taemin stiffened for a bit.
 
"Come on Tae you can tell us. We are only here to help." Jinki said and Taemin gave him a look before nodding.
 
"I'm calling the police." Minho said. "Also you should check if Jonghyun is okay up there with that potential killer." 
 
"Ah you're right. I'll leave you two to it then. Make sure he's okay." Jinki said and Minho nodded quickly telling the police what was going on. Taemin looked at him worried. Once Minho finished the phone call he gave the younger a look.
 
"Taemin I'm so sorry I left you alone with him. I knew it wasn't safe but I didn't think he would try something like this." Minho said sadly taking the boys hand in his hand. He frowned at the bruised and red skin of Taemin's wrist.
 
"It's fine. Usually it's worse." Minho gasped as he heard Taemin's voice. 
 
"You actually talked to me." Minho said and Taemin cocked his head.
 
"I speak. Just not much." Taemin admitted.
 
"Your voice is cute. Ah I feel so bad." Minho really did feel like a terrible friend. How was he supposed to protect the younger when all of this happened.
 
"It's okay. You're here now right. You and the other hyungs." Taemin said.
 
"Yeah here let's get you out of this room. It must be uncomfortable." Minho said picking the thin male up bridal style. "Where is your father ?"
 
"Work ?" Taemin said unsure.
 
"Does he know ?" Minho asked and Taemin shook his head. Of course he didn't. 
 
"How could you keep something like this a secret Taemin ?" Minho asked.
 
"Would anyone care ?" Taemin asked and Minho looked down shocked.
 
"Of course. I care." Taemin's eyes connected with his at that sentence and Minho felt his cheeks heat up. They made it up the steps and Minho placed Taemin gently on the couch. The boy looked around and Minho have him a gentle pat to the head. The boy jumped.
 
"Sorry. It's just you don't have to worry about him. I kinda knocked him out when I opened the door." Minho said, a bit embarrassed to think about he was reacting earlier. 
 
Taemin just stared at him before looking down. They sat in silence for a few moments until the police showed up. Taemin seemed to shrink under the cops gaze but they brought in a specialist who inspect Taemin's busied body. He showed his then pale wrist and they looked at the skin on his bottom. They checked to make sure his broken foot was okay. Taemin's father showed up soon enough.
 
"What is going on here ?" The man asked confused.
 
"Mr.Lee, I would like to have a few words regarding your sons." A policeman said.
 
"If you tell me what's going on first." Mr.Lee said.
 
"Your youngest son was being abused brutality by your oldest Kyuhyun." The policeman said simply.
 
"What ?" Mr.Lee looked dumb founded. His eyes turned towards Taemin who had a blanket wrapped around him though you could still see the bandages around his wrists.
 
"Taemin my son, is this true ? Has Kyuhyun been...abusing you ?" Mr.Lee looked about ready to throw up when Taemin nodded his head.
 
"Oh god. How couldn't you tell me ?" Mr.Lee asked. When Taemin didn't say anything his father sighed. "You know I care for you right ?"
 
"No, not really father." Taemin said. "I don't know what caring feels like."
 
"Oh my son. Who has broken you ?"
 
"Sir, I believe we need to ask you a few questions." Another policeman came up.
 
"Yes of course." Mr.Lee gave his son one last look before leaving.
 
"Do you think you will be fine Taemin-ah ?" Jinki asked and Taemin nodded.
 
"Seriously kiddo take our numbers if anything else happens." Jonghyun said handing the young teen tiny slips of paper. Taemin accepted them and Jinki gave him a small smile.
 
"Really call me Taemin. I know what it's like to be kicked down but eventually there will be some way to pick you back up. It's either going to be yourself or those around you. You have a lot of people around you willing to help. Friends willing to go the extra length. So whenever you feel like it, give me a call." Jinki said and Taemin nodded. He gave Jinki's hand a squeeze and Jinki gave him a smile.
 
"Come on hyung." Jonghyun said. Let's leave Taemin and his family be for now." Jinki nodded and waved goodbye to Minho.
 
They stepped inside Jonghyun's care and didn't say anything until they reached a red light.
 
"What an eventful day huh ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"It makes me sad. For us to not realize what Taemin-ah has been going through." Jinki said.
 
"But you'll help him out right hyung ?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Yeah. The kid needs us more then ever. He needs people around him who care." Jinki said.
 
"It's a good thing Minho is there too huh ?" Jonghyun asked with a grin and Jinki smiled back.
 
"Oh young love."
 
"The best kind of love."
 
"Filled with promises of forever." Jinki said and Jonghyun clutched his hand.
 
"Yeah forever."
 
.
.
.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
______________________________________________