Chapter 7

What Is Love?

What only was a few minutes seemed like hours waiting for Chen. You leaned against the broken crates and held Tao head in your lap. You his face gently and gave an uneasily laugh.

 
“I can’t believe that you’d give up fame, fortune, and risk your life just for me. Huang Zi Tao If you can here me, I love you with all my heart.”  you whispered leaning down and kissing him on the forehead. 

"Yebeo, I'll do anything to keep you in my arms. I won't ever let you go." Tao laughed hugging you tightly, kissing your forehead.
 
“MYUNG LI?”  Chen's voice echoed through the alley way inturruping your flashback.
 
"Chen..!"
 
You looked up to see Chen running towards you. You dropped to his knees and grabbed your face. 
 
“Are you okay; are there any cuts or bruises on you?” 
 
He spoke frantically checking your body.
 
You laughed, “I’m fine..” You paused  for a moment and took a breath. 
 
“Just a few cuts and bruises…”
 
Chen looked over at your hand and he reached over slowly and moved it over. He stared at you for a moment.
 
“M-Myung Li…what happen…there’s blood everywhere.” He said grabbing both of your hands gazing at the blood.
 
“Oh, don’t worry about me we have to get Tao somewhere safe--”
 
“Myung Li, please.”  
 
Chen glared at you. You pulled your hands away and tucked it behind your back.
 
“Chanyeol and Baekhyun came and tried to hurt me and Tao--” 
 
Chen stopped you.
 
“..Just…just don’t say anymore, please.”
 
You could tell he was getting frustrated.
 
“Can you walk?” he asked.
 
You nodded as he lifted Tao off of you and carried him down the alley.Tao gave a slight moan as Chen lifted him up. You were shocked to see how strong Chen was as he carried Tao down the alley.
 
“Tao will be fine Li, don’t worry.” he said giving a reassuring smile.

You smiled back and walked next to him.

"My car is near, so the walk won't be long." he said trying to make conversation.

As you two walked only one thing came to your mind, “Kim JongDae...thank you.”

“Oppa it huuurts.”

“Just a few more , you can handle it.”
 
“Ah, Jongdae please no more I can‘t handle it!” you moaned.
 
Chen chuckled as he finished the last stitch on your side. You laid on Chen’s lap and whined. 

"You're lucky I knew what I was doing." Chen laughed as he put a bandage over your stiches.

You whined rubbing your bandage as you sat up next to him. 
 
“Thank You JongDae, it means a lot.”
 
Chen lowered his head and smiled, “You don’t need to thank me, Li we’re best friends, it’s my job.”
 
There was silence between you to for a moment before Chen spoke again.
 
“Li, Do you remember the promise I made to you before I left?”
 
“That you would always be by my side and protect me no matter what, if I ever feel alone just call you at any time.”
 
You laughed , “I remember when you first left, I cried like a baby, so you gave this.”
 
You reached into your pocket and pulled out a small ring and held it in the palm of you’re hand.
 
“I’d still wear it but it’s too small for my fingers now, so I carry it around everywhere.” 
 
Chen turned away and stared at the ground. You could tell something was bothering him. 
 
“Is something wrong?”
 
“I’ve been keeping something from you for years…“
 
“Well, what is it? You can tell me anything.” 
 
Chen spoke slowly, “Myung Li, we’ve know each other since we were young and I’ve always…”
 
“Always what?” 
 
“I’ve always hated the thought that your in Tao’s arms instead of mine every night, that your heart belongs to Tao NOT ME. While I was training you were the only one I was thinking about, I love you.”

Chen stood up, "But as long as your happy, I'm okay. Even if you're in another man's arm." 

Chen started to walk away before you grabbed his arm. 

"Wait..Chen I-I didn't know. I don't know what to say." You said looking down at the ground.

Chen guided your chin upward,and looked you in the eyes.

"Don't say anything...just...." he whispered as he leaned in and gently kissed you on he lips. 

A/N: So I kinda dragged it~ what do you guys think? :D