Chapter 7.

Best friends with Royalty

Chapter 7: Interrogation


The relief Baekhyun felt when the helicopter arrived was soon dispelled and quickly replaced by apprehension when he met Jongin’s amused eyes. He fidgeted under his gaze and immediately regretted picking the seat next to the much too observant teenager. Personally, he had no idea why Jongin, of all people, came to pick him up. He had been expecting Kyungsoo or maybe Tao, but not Jongin.

“What?” He finally asked when Jongin hadn’t moved his eyes from him for the last couple of minutes.

“So,” Jongin replied shortly, pausing as if he was thinking about what to say next.

“So, what?” Baekhyun asked hesitantly, almost afraid of what Jongin would say.

“So did you think it was a good idea to run off into the woods without telling any of us?” Jongin asked quietly, with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

Baekhyun looked surprised. “Since when did you begin caring about other people?”

“What are you saying? I’ve always cared about people!” Jongin said self-righteously.

“Well, last time, you left me locked in a broom closet for over three hours because you were waiting for some stupid girl to leave her art class and didn’t bother coming home to check if I was still alive,” Baekhyun replied matter-of-factly.

Jongin cleared his throat and shifted his eyes away from Baekhyun’s piercing gaze. “Anyways, it’s a good thing you found hyung though,” Jongin changed the subject, gesturing to the back of Chanyeol’s seat. “If you hadn’t, he’d probably be bleeding to death out there.”

Baekhyun shivered at how casually Jongin threw those words out. He knew Chanyeol probably would not have died, but he was pretty sure that he’d pull his hair out just sitting there waiting for information on his best friend.

“Seriously though, seeing you two snuggle under that one blanket was terribly cute,” Jongin gushed.

Baekhyun smacked him on the head, mentally cringing at how scary Jongin sounded when he used a cutesy tone to talk. He begged to the Muffin God that he’d never hear it again.

“What? It’s true!” Jongin exclaimed indignantly, rubbing his head. “You guys looked like a newly-wed couple!”

“We are not a newly-wed couple,” Baekhyun hissed. “And don’t talk so loudly, you’re going to wake Chanyeol up.”

Chanyeol, who had been sleeping like a pig ever since they boarded the plane, raised a hand and nearly hit the ceiling. “Don’t worry, I’m already awake.”

“Oh, hyung, did you enjoy sleeping with Baekhyun-hyung last night?” Jongin asked, completely ignoring the deadly glares Baekhyun was sending him. “And last last night, might I add?”

“What?!” Baekhyun screeched. “How did you know about that?!”

“Did you actually think that Sehun would keep his mouth shut?” Jongin asked, snickering. “He ran into my cabin and told me as soon as he left yours.”

“I am going to kill him,” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

Chanyeol chuckled. “It would’ve been better if Baekhyun hadn’t attempted to choke me half-way through my sleep.”

“It was ‘cause you kept touching me!” Baekhyun exclaimed, now blushing furiously.

“Well, what did you expect? We were sleeping right next to each other. And you were pretty much sleeping on me! How can I not touch you?”

“Whoa… ‘And you were pretty much sleeping on me’?” Jongin repeated. “Did I miss out on something?”

“Do not get any weird ideas,” Baekhyun warned. “Nothing happened.”

“Yeah, nothing happen,” Chanyeol added nonchalantly. “Baekkie was just too scared of sleeping outside in the dark, so he pretty much just stuck himself to me.”

“I did not!”

“Sure you didn’t. Now shush, we’re arriving,” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun huffed and stayed silent until the helicopter finally landed. He gave another small scoff before stomping down the steps, right into the arms of Kyungsoo.

“Oh my God, Baekhyun, you scared the life out of me!” He cried as soon as Baekhyun’s feet touched the ground.

“And I was the one who was lost in the woods, injured,” Chanyeol muttered angrily, exiting the plane in a similar manner to Baekhyun’s.

“Oh, sorry, Chanyeol. Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked, not even glancing at him. He busied himself by checking over every inch of Baekhyun, making sure that he was not hurt.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m perfectly fine, save for the fact that I nearly bled to death,” Chanyeol replied, trying to sound as pleasant as possible.

“Oh, that’s good then,” Kyungsoo said absently, now fussing over a small rip in Baekhyun’s jacket.

Feeling sorry for his hyung, Sehun opened his arms wide, ready to hug him, but Chanyeol just merely brushed him aside, making a beeline for his cabin.

“Will you look at that,” Jongin said, amused.

“What’s wrong with Chanyeol-hyung? I was just trying to be nice!” Sehun said angrily, stomping his feet a couple of times.

“Aww, our poor Sehunnie. There’s nothing wrong with Chanyeol-hyung. He’s just feeling a tad bit jealous right now,” Jongin crooned, ruffling Sehun’s hair. “Now go play with Luhan like good little boys and don’t do anything naughty.”

“Hyung!”

Jongin laughed and walked towards Kyungsoo, forcefully dragging him away from Baekhyun.

“Hey! What do you think you’re do-“

Ignoring Kyungsoo’s struggles and protests, Jongin kept a firm arm around his waist. “Baekhyun-ah, go check on Chanyeol. Change his bandages or whatever. The medicine we have here is better than the ones in your first-aid kit. I need to talk to Kyungsoo for a minute.”

“Uh…” Baekhyun stared at the two guys having a mini scuffle in front of him (or rather, Kyungsoo was the one flailing around, while Jongin just stood there, not at all affected by the older’s punches) and barely registered what Jongin had said. “Yeah, sure…”

He reluctantly left the two of them, wondering if he should’ve helped Kyungsoo out back there.

He’ll probably get out of the mess by himself.

Baekhyun shrugged and continued walking towards his shared cabin.

“Hey,” Baekhyun said softly, entering the room slowly.

“Hey,” Chanyeol replied glumly from his bed.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, immediately moving over to Chanyeol and sitting down.

“Nothing,” he said shortly.

“Yeah. Right. I’m not that stupid, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun scoffed.

Chanyeol let a small smile dance on his lips. “I know you’re not. You’re the smartest person I know. Well, aside from Jongin, that is.”

Baekhyun carefully observed Chanyeol’s face, before saying, “Okay, now I know something’s wrong. You never compliment me on my intelligence unless you need me to do your stupid math assignments for you.”

Chanyeol stayed silent for such a long time that Baekhyun thought he hadn’t heard him. Just as he was about to open his mouth to repeat himself, Chanyeol stood up and stretched.

“Nah, I’m fine. My arm hurts a bit though. Mind helping me with that?”

Baekhyun sighed and reached over to his duffel bag, pulling out a couple of ointments.

“Sit down,” he ordered, unscrewing the cap of one.

He carefully applied the medicine, breathing a sigh of relief as he noticed that the wound had somewhat closed up. He continued tending to Chanyeol in silence, replacing the old bandages with fresh, new ones.

“Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol said suddenly, startling Baekhyun.

“Yeah?”

“I have a question to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Do you like Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol blurted out.

“Of course I do,” Baekhyun replied. “Why? What’s wrong?”

He was completely oblivious to the fact that Chanyeol’s face had just turned blue, until he raised his eyes to look at him, wondering why he hadn't replied.

“Oh my goodness, are you okay?” He shrieked, flailing around.

“Y-yeah, totally.”

Chanyeol took a couple of deep breaths, trying to get the blood in his head to circulate again. Baekhyun watched nervously as color began flushing Chanyeol’s face again.

“Are you stupid?” Baekhyun asked as he resumed bandaging Chanyeol’s arm. “Of course I like Kyungsoo. He’s my friend, right?”

“I didn’t mean that like!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “I meant that like!”

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol questioningly. “What?”

“Like… like… you know… the like between a lovers! Do you like Kyungsoo that way?” Chanyeol asked nervously, his eyes wide.

Baekhyun stiffened and looked at Chanyeol, stopping his movements. He met Chanyeol’s anxious eyes with his own, but he didn’t say anything.

“W-well? Do you?”

“Is that why you were all pissed off? Because you thought I liked Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked incredulously.

“Does that mean you don’t?” Chanyeol asked, relief evident in his voice.

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol for a few seconds before falling into fits of crazy laughter. Chanyeol could only wait impatiently for his friend’s laughter to subside.

“A-are you crazy? Of course I don’t!” Baekhyun said, wiping away a few stray tears. “If I didn’t know better, I’d think that you have a crush on me and was just being jealous!”

 

“And if I do?”

 

________________________Please Read____

A/N: Lol, guys, this is funny! Okay, no not really >.> It almost sounds as if Chanyeol's in love with Kyungsoo, and not Baekhyun, LOL. I think that's my fault. Oops. Don't worry though, he doesn't. I think. ...Sorry if this chapter's a big draggy. It was supposed to end after Jongin talks to Baekhyun, but it somehow got dragged to here. Um... I should warn you guys to not anticipate much KaiSoo during their conversation. Lol. It's actually nothing romantic. ...Or maybe it will be. I don't know~ And I'm just rambling right now, because it's like, 12:40 in the morning.

School's starting soon, so my updates will be even more scarce. I'm sorry guys!!!!

And now. This is the important part that I wanted all of you to read.


Okay, you guys must be thinking 'WOW. This girl is making a big deal out of nothing!'

But seriously, I'm not. I've been pretty much waiting for the moment of me hitting 100 subscribers for a long time. I'm not going to say I never expected it, 'cause I really did, but omg did you know how happy I was when I did? I started like shrieking. And yeah, I know it's stupid, because it's not even 100 subscribers for this story. It's 100 subscribers for all my stories.

Well, I'm aware that I'm not too good of a writer, so i felt really touched that at least 100 people support me. I don't expect much actually. I'm not going to want, like, 200 subscribers by the end of this year, or anything. I just want the satisfaction of knowing that people actually like and read my stories. That's pretty much enough for me. And all of you guys just proved that to me, so thanks.

Like really. Thank you so much. I know the thank you messages I send you guys when you guys subscribe are short and business-like, but believe me, they're not. I'm actually really grateful and probably sqeauling, so yeah. And I also love it when you guys comment on my stories. Every time someone comments, I start flailing my arms and jumping around. Like. I just feel so happy.

Um. Now I don't know how to end this. Lol, sorry if my message sounds all over the place. It's late here and I have freakin orientation or some tomorrow for my school, so I'm kinda anxious. Uh... anyways, thank you guys so so so much! I'll continue strive to improve myself and write even better stories for you guys!

(And let you guys drown in the fluff and angst)

Thank you! I love you all!

Oh and uhm, there was actually another person that subscribed, but I already finished this, so I couldn't add their name on it. Still, thank you, Kyuna_9! I'm sorry I couldn't include your name on this ;__;.

-Holly