How Embarrassing!

Unwanted Companion

 

 


 

I was right.

 

This guy, Jung Yunho, had no idea when to shut up!

 

But him being a salesman is pretty much self-explanatory.

 

I swallowed and blatantly stared at the vomit bag in my hands, hoping he would at least take a hint that I was sick of listening to his voice for the last three hours. As soon as he realized that I was also Korean he had not stopped talking in our native language.

 

But no, his voice went on “-and then the lady stared at me like I was crazy! It was so funny, you should have been there!”

 

I turned to him, my eyes wide in disbelief. Who does this guy think he is? Why must I suffer from his detailed stories of his sales? Him? A complete stranger! Why me?

 

He stopped laughing and turned to me, a cheesy smile plastered on his face “So… who are you? I think I should at least know your name right?”

 

I gave a slight nod of my head as I answered, “My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

 

Yunho’s bottom lip slightly pouted as he stared into the distance, thinking, “Kim Jaejoong… hmmm… Please to meet you Kim Jaejoong!

 

He was silent then and I rejoiced inside my head. Perhaps I can go to sleep now? If he was silent for the rest of the trip I may even forgive the term of disrespect he showed by calling me by my first name.

 

Suddenly the plane dipped as it entered some turbulence. I, of course, was used to this and ignored my heart leaping into my throat. My neighbor, however, wasn’t.

 

“OHMYGOD!!” He screamed, clutching onto me. “We’re all going to DIE!” He wailed.

 

Shocked at his sudden embrace I froze. He whimpered and clutched me tighter. I glance upwards to meet the confused stares of the other passengers and the flight attendants.

 

My face grew hot as I struggled out of his grip “Calm down, its just turbulence!”

 

“O-oh…” He let go, also blushing, and mumbled “Thank goodness…”

 

“Hey mister!” a squeaky voice called and I turned to face a small kid in the seat in front of mine.

 

“What do you want?” I glared at him, knowing he had seen the babyish reaction Yunho had had.

 

He blinked innocently as he replied loudly “Is that guy you’re boyfriend?”

 

I saw red and felt my hands beginning to move towards the cheeky brat’s neck. But I managed to calm myself; fully aware of the stares we were receiving.

 

I managed a shrewd smile “Oh no, little… boy. I already have a girlfriend at Seoul. This man is just, uh—“

 

“S-scared of heights!” Jung Yunho burst out “Terrified! I hate going on planes! But I hate deep water even more! That’s why I don’t go on boats and have to bravely take a flight instead.”

 

The little boy thought for a moment “So you’re not boyfriends?”

 

Speechless, we both stared at the brat before us. Suddenly his mother, who seemed to have been sleeping before, started to yell “YAH~ WHERE DID YOU LEARN SUCH LAGUAGE YOU HORRIBLE CHILD!”

 

I stifled a smile and listened to the mother harshly berating her child for thinking of such things and even asking complete strangers about it.

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned slowly to Jung Yunho. He smiled sheepishly “I’m really sorry about that. I seriously thought I was going to die!”

 

“It’s fine.” I said.

 

“Oh well,” he continued and yawned loudly “I’m going to sleep now!”

 

Thank heavens! I can only pray that he doesn’t talk in his sleep as well!

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

An hour later I had finished another chapter of my book I had brought along. It was a guide of how to propose without stuffing up. Somehow I only wished that I could be the one that was going to be proposed to. It sounded so romantic…

 

Too bad my girlfriend hated romance…

 

Almost all of the passengers were asleep and the plane was dark, besides the light above my seat. I covered my mouth politely as I yawned, my eyelids feelings heavy.

 

I proceeded to make myself comfortable and turned to look at Jung Yunho once more. He was still, slightly facing towards me.

 

I nodded in approval of his silence and began to lie down. But something suddenly caught my eye.

 

It was Jung Yunho. He had started to move. I watched in horror as slowly, his mouth opened wider and wider. And then his both his eyes slowly followed.

 

Oh crap! He lay there, his head tilted up and his mouth and both his eyes opened. I knew he was asleep, but the sight was so disturbing I was embarrassed. If anyone happened to wake up right now I think I would die from embarrassment, especially since his face was turned to mine.

 

I pursed my lips and proceeded to get up out of my seat and walked around Yunho without disturbing him… unfortunately.

 

I walked slowly up to a half-asleep attendant “Excuse me? Could I have a blanket please? Or a towel?”

 

She startled and nodded; a few seconds later she returned with a small blanket, I bowed and thanked her.

 

Yunho still hadn’t moved from his position, even after I squeezed past him, bumping his legs as I did so.

 

I frowned at him for a moment. Then slowly I lifted up the blanket and covered his face. There! That was more like it! Now I can sleep with no nightmares!
 


I snuggled down into the uncomfortable seat and sleepily smiled. When I wake up I’ll be home!





Author Notes:

Fun Fact - Yunho really does sleep like that! 
Here is a picture of him.

And another, lol!

And when they [DBSK] were 5, every flight that Yunho fell asleep on Jaejoong would cover his face with a blanket from embarrassment!