Flourescence Sunset

Our Past, Our Present
Please log in to read the full chapter

07/10/12


"Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean,
Tears from the depths of some devine despair
Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,
And thinking of the days that are no more."

-Alfred Tennyson

 

I sit by the beach watching the waves crashing the shore as the sun begins setting on the horizon. The sky is colored in fluorescence and memories creep into my thoughts, remembering a couple of young lovers holding hands, walking by the shore and drawing their names on the wet sand. They would pick shells off the ground and stare at the beauty of it. I close my lids and delve deeper into the better past.

 

“Junhong! Look!” I shouted the moment I saw a pack of baby sea turtles crawling to the ocean from a nest of beach sands.

            “Wow!” He was amazed at the sight and threw the bag of shells we picked earlier on the ground. 

            “Why did you throw it down?” I pouted and crossed my arms across my chest, acting like I was mad. 

            “We’ll pick it up later when we leave.” He pinched my cheeks and gave me a cute grin, which softened my heart immediately.

He really knew how to calm me down. We both got closer for a better view and stood nearby to watch the little ones.

“Let’s go help them!” Shouting with excitement, he grabbed my hand and we ran to help them cross to their destination as predators surrounded the beach sky. Zelo pulled off his large white tee and we placed the little ones in it as we formed a bag with his shirt. After getting all of them into his shirt, we each took hold of the four corners and made our way to the clashing waves. “Let’s go a little deeper to get them there safer.” Zelo smiled and we both walked into the ocean.

As soon as the water gathered at our waists, we lowered his shirt into the water and released the baby sea turtles with relieved. We watched them swim deep into the ocean.

Although it was only for a little while, I felt really sad to let them go. It was like a part of me was leaving. I frowned in sadness and turned to Zelo. Our eyes met sharing a warm smile. He draped his arm around my back and my arm with his hand, letting me know that it was alright. He sighed pleased, watching them go. I smiled to myself and rested my head on his warm chest, listening to his beating heart as we both gazed out to the horizon, where the sun began to set under the fluorescence sky.

 

            “Isn’t the sunset beautiful?” I husky voice whispers into my ear. I look up to see my fiancé Yongguk, covering my back with his jacket, taking me back to reality. He lowers himself to sit next to me.

            “Yeah, it’s truly beautiful.” I close my lids, feeling him pull me closer. A tear drop slips out at the corner of my eye, wishing he was someone else, wishing he was Junhong.

 


 


It has been a year since Zelo and I broke up. Even so, I will always love him.

 

Yongguk and I arrive to his family’s mansion and step

Please log in to read the full chapter