Final

How long...

 

The Pov can be anyone that you like ^^

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You know…” you trailed of while staring at the school campus “I love him” your smile was the most beautiful I had ever seen.

“Really” I forced a smile that you didn’t see; you only watched him and dreamingly replay.

“Yeah…”

And my heart were shattered into pieces at that moment, I felt like crying in that sunny day, but I refrain myself and only stare at you with my eyes irradiating a slight glow, I would be happy to hear that you like me, but that wasn’t the case. My shining eyes were of sorrow, then… you turn to fix your eyes on mine and with a smile that reach you gaze, said to me.

“Can you help me to make him fall for me?” I nod without tearing my gaze from yours, I couldn’t said yes because I did not want to lie to you, but I couldn’t said no because your happiness is the most important thing in the world for me.

I stand up, my back facing you.

“I’ll go for drinks, later we can find him and talk to him” I did not wait for your response because my heart was aching, even when I felt that my steps were slow and heavy I knew that in true they were fast like if I was running, fleeing away of the increasing pain in my chest.

It wasn’t raining but for some reason my cheeks were wet and my eyes were blurry. I panted at the time that I reach the convenience store; I took two bottles of water and paid the cashier, I did not notice my state until she asked with a worried face.

 “Are you all right?” I bow my head, ashamed of what could had seen and answer, grabbed the bottles and run out without waiting for my change.

I only heard her voice vaguely because my ears felt so dumb, and the rainy of my soul started again.

I ran towards the bathroom before searching for him, I needed to wash my face since I didn’t want for him to see me like that.

I inhale and exhale repeated times before I could relax myself, I grin at my reflection on the mirror.

Like if nothing had happened.

I thought and smile; a sad one.

How long could I stand this…?

How long could I wait for him without shouting my feelings for him…?

How long am I going to lie myself that he will love me back?

Just… how long?

I shook my head in a tried to forget and to disappear those thoughts of my mind.

I took the two bottles of water on my hands and run towards him, I had a smile on my face while running because even tough is painful; being with him is the most beautiful and blessing moment that I can have in my life.

I dropped the bottles at the moment that I reach him, or them. I bit my lower lip in order to prevent a gasp from my lips but it was futile.

His eyes widened when he saw me standing a few meters away, then the shocked expression were replaced with a warm smile and those unreadable eyes that I lost myself so many time before were dark and at the same time had a glint of sadness.

He walked away of the other person and smiling cutely at me confess.

“He likes me too” the voice sound so happy, but something was off, though I didn’t know what.

“I…” I keep silent for a moment and even when my throat felt dry and almost closed, still I could manage to said the words that broke my heart forever; “I’m happy for you…”

Then I watched the other behind him, smiling like if he was the owner of the world, of my world.

“I mean… for both” I finished, that was all my being could support, then… I did not hear anything, just my heartbeats and my cracked heart, my head was dizzily and I felt so empty.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~

Still I remember that day, and my heart aches with sorrow. Now I have a beautiful person in my life, a nice job and a happy family, but still… this is nothing when I remember him, his smile, his tender features, his caring voice towards me, the way he said my name.

Sometimes I wonder, what could have happened if I confessed my feelings towards him, would I be with him, would I see him every morning when I opened my eyes.

I shook my head, “would” doesn’t exist because is like the “if only”, and life is a fact, is something done or undone, but not would could answer my doubts because in first stance they didn’t exist.

So… I’m asking now…

How long I will love you until this feeling fades away.

How long…?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________