Chapter 2

Electronic Love

That night, Myungsoo slipped out of his house without his parents discovering his temporary breakout. Anything he would do to get away from the constant bickering. Walking down the streets, he lifted the hood of his jumper over his head , muttering words regarding his parents.

“Just divorce already” he rolled his eyes. It may have sounded crude but Myungsoo felt he was in no position to feel sympathetic.

At least two streets away from home, he hoisted himself up on a low wall and brought his phone out, deciding that he wanted to talk to Midnight again. For sure, she’d make him feel better.

 

I’m bored.

 

Hyejung slowly walked on her way home after getting her dinner at the nearest fast food restaurant. She cut through the park like she always did when her phone beeped.

Of course, a smile was called for. She paused her walking and quickly replied, her fingers resembling a blur due to the speed of her typing.

 

Well, I am here at your service. :)

 

Myungsoo’s face broke into a delightful grin as her name came up on the screen, flashing. His fingers itched to type down something he was unsure of whether it would get a positive or negative reaction.

‘To hell with it’ Myungsoo thought, not giving another thought about what he was about to do.

 

I really wish I could meet you. In real life...

 

On the receiving end, Hyejung read the message over and over again. Her belly felt like it was somersaulting for first prize and she truly felt the meaning of ‘butterflies in my stomach’.

Myungsoo waited in anticipation, suddenly regretting what he had sent. In the middle of writing a new text of apology, his phone chimed to indicate a new message for him. He bit down on his lip as he opening it up.

 

What if you turn out to be a 50 year old man?

 

That question made Myungsoo’s laugh echo in the dead of the night. All the regret left him and relief washed over him.

 

What if YOU’RE the 50 year old man?

 

Hyejung scoffed in amusement. “I’m a woman pabo” she mumbled to herself. She settled down on the tyre swing she claimed and began replying back to her friend.

 

I can assure you that I’m not, silly! And we should meet~

 

Myungsoo fist pumped the air in triumph. He would make sure to meet this girl and maybe even ask her out on a date. He knew that it was a definite for him to do so. He replied back, agreeing with what she said and arranging a meeting place. It had to be after his shift at the clothing store finished tomorrow.

The two continued texting each other throughout the evening until they mutually decided that 4AM was a too late for the two.

They bid goodnight to each other, waiting for the sun to rise, knowing that when it did, the day that followed could possibly change their lives.

 

When the morning did arrive, it seemed everything was a hundred percent better than it was before for Hyejung and Myungsoo, knowing there were a hours away from seeing the person behind the username.

Hyejung came skipping into work that day in a cheery manner. She noticed Myungsoo dreamily looking into space, grinning like a child.

She raised an eyebrow for a second then shrugged, “Who cares about him?”

She joined him behind the counter and said, “Good morning”

“It is a good morning isn’t it?” Myungsoo muttered, mostly to himself. He straightened up, realising he had company, “Oh, Pocky? You’re looking uglier than usual”

She gave him a tight smile. “And you stink” she said bluntly. Myungsoo scowled and quickly thought to himself, ‘I can’t smell bad for our date, er, meeting’

Hyejung laughed at his expression, knowing he was wondering if what she said was true. “Pabo, I was joking” she laughed once more. Myungsoo shoved her head back with his finger, “Crazy fool”

She groaned in annoyance and rubbed her forehead. Before she could retort back, the manager came towards them with a pleading face.

“Myungsoo! Hyejung! I need you two to do an extra shift, is that okay?” she asked.

Hyejung’s disappointed seeped through her blood until it was all she felt. Myungsoo’s mouth was a ajar for a moment before speaking again.

Although he was cut off again by the manager, “I know it’s a lot to ask of but I wouldn’t if I wasn’t desperate”

The two sighed and hummed along, agreeing. The manager smiled widely, “That’s wonderful. Thank you so much” she left again, leaving Myungsoo and Hyejung to man the store.

Myungsoo then turned to Hyejung as soon as she left. “Pocky, I need you to cover for me! I have an important date—er meeting—that I just can’t miss!”

Hyejung scoffed, folding her arms over her chest, “You think you’re the only one that’s busy? I have plans myself, very important plans so I need you to cover for me

He whined out, ruffling his hair in frustration, “Hyejung, don’t be like this. I know we’ve had our differences but I need to leave this place at exactly 5PM”

She rolled her eyes, “We’ll always have our differences. If I don’t get to fulfil my plans then why should you? So no, I will not cover for you selfish jerk”

Myungsoo smirked in anger and sighed out loudly. He’d simply have to cancel his date with Midnight.

 

Hey, I’m so sorry, but I have to work late today. Maybe we can meet tomorrow?

 

Myungsoo hoped deeply that she would reply quickly and take up on his offer.

Hyejung was slumped against the counter with her head cradled in her hands, sighing noisily. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it to check who had texted her. Once she finished reading it, a louder sigh was called for.

Myungsoo watched in suspicion for a moment but let it slide. But he kept watch of how she tapped her fingers on phone and placing it in front of her on the counter.

Not a moment too soon, Myungsoo’s screen flashed the name Midnight and set off a small ringtone.

 

That’s okay. I have to work too. Tomorrow sounds awesome :)

 

Myungsoo scratched his head, looking from his phone to Hyejung. He scoffed lightly, refusing to believe such a thing and replied to the message anyway.

Hyejung’s phone buzzed once again and a certain name flashed on her screen, which was certainly caught by Myungsoo.

 

InfiniteBoy.

 

He caught Hyejung’s shoulder, making her face him and also protesting to the sudden movement.

“What are you doing?” she demanded to know.

“Midnight?” Myungsoo said in a questioning and hesitant voice. Hyejung’s brows furrowed and she frowned deeply.

“Hey, how do you kno—Oh my goodness! No way! You’re InfiniteBoy?” She cried out. The two stared at each other in bewilderment, wondering how the hell they hadn’t seen this coming?

~~*~~

 

 

 

The wonderful poster is by victory207

Thank you sooooo much once again ^__^

 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter~