"Thank You Stranger'

"Hello Beautiful"

I really, really, really like him! (They’ve only dated a few weeks) I think he’s the one. I feel like I’ve known him for so long (not that long:p)  and he understands me more than any man I’ve ever met (Aside from her dad and her younger brother). I wonder if he feels the same. I bet he does, I can tell by the way he looks at me! (Glanced at her a few times in the duration of three dates, half of the time is because she had food in her teeth). I’m so happy. ^ . ^ I wonder why he hasn’t called yet:/ (Gee. Maybe it’s because you left him 15 text messages and 12 voicemails) I think I should call him again. No, he must be busy since he didn’t answer my calls all day. He’s probably rehearsing with his band. Ahh! I’m so lucky to be dating the lead singer of the most popular band in our entire school, Shinee! Ohh I want to hear his voice. I think I should call him again it’s already been 6 minutes since the last time I tried. RRRrriiiiingggg rrRRrriiinggg riiiinggggg!

“Onew?! *ahem* I mean.. Onew I was just calling to see how your day is going..”^^”Ae Suk? I’m kind of busy right now. I can’t really talk much on the phone.” “Oh I see, still rehearsing. Then, I guess we should talk late-“ A woman’s voice in the background, “ Oppa! What’s taking you so long?? The movie is about to start.” Ae Suk eyes widened with shock. Onew began to talk faster and loudly now. “THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING! SEE YOU TOMORROW!  YOU’RE THE BEST!” Click. He hung up.

Ae Suk P.O.V

Omo! Omo! Omo! Was that another woman’s voice??! No way. It can’t be. He wouldn’t do that……Would he? What are you thinking Ae Suk?? It’s probably his little sister. Yeah, his younger sister. (she calms down for a bit). Wait. He doesn’t have a younger sister!! Aigoo! I’m probably overreacting. It could’ve been just anyone….Aishh! I can’t sleep!

End of P.O.V

MEANWHILE……

Click. A woman’s voice, “Who was that?””Oh…That? That was my sister. She just wanted to ask about something. It’s not important. So, what movie are we seeing tonight babe?”

The Next Day at the park….

Ae Suk waited for Onew underneath a really big tree at the park. It was a hot day but the shade was cool. It helped her cool down on the inside too. She is completely dreading what would happen after today.

“Hey.” Ae Suk softly said as she smiled at Onew PRETENDING to be completely oblivious about last night. “Hey.” Onew said and smiled back PURPOSELY being oblivious about what happened last night. Ae Suk began,” So. How are you? How was practice?” she asked casually with a smile still on her face. Onew waited a minute before he responded. He’s a bad boy, but one that completely at lying. His eyes would widen and all of a sudden he would act like he’s on drugs. He would become jumpy and ramble with his answers. “Oh! Last night’s practice..It was, good. It was GOOD! We worked on a new song for our next performance for Le Café Shoppe. Yep. If you don’t believe me ask Jonghyun (his eyes widened) and Kibum (and widened) and Minho (and widened) also Taemin! (….and widened). Just ask them.” His widened eyes quickly became smaller as he stared at her nervously with a big cheesy smile. He knows that she knows that what he’s telling her is COMPLETELY B.S. Ae Suk was going to forgive him but now she has witnessed him lying to her face, BADLY lying to her face, at that. She bit her lip and clenched her fists. She knew it was time to confront him about last night’s incident. “Really…? Since when did they allow you to rehearse in movie theatres??” Ae Suk couldn’t take it anymore. She tried to confront him strongly but realized she couldn’t hold her guards up. Tears began to roll down her cheeks as she looked at him. Onew knew he was caught in his scheme. He couldn’t convince her otherwise when she’s already onto him. If he was going to end this, the least he can do was give her the truth. He got on his knees. “Do what you want.” Ae Suk started crying harder to the point where it was difficult to catch her breath and began to hit him. “Why? *sniffle* Why? *sniffle* Could you please tell me why…” she tried to wipe away the tears that kept coming down her face. It felt like forever awaiting his answer. Finally, he looked up at her and began telling the truth. “Our parents are business partners. It is their wish for me and her to someday get married. I’ve spent my ENTIRE life pleasing my father’s wishes. I was like his puppet. I got good grades in school. I learned about the business at a young age. All the drive I have in me to do everything for him is out of love. For him to chose my future wife, that is completely against all that I believe in. Since then, I began to do whatever I want. I rebelled against him, I started this band. Music is my passion. Then, I met you. You followed me like a lost puppy. You gave me all your attention. You do everything that I asked. I liked it. I liked it because it felt good to be the puppet master for a change. I know I was wrong. I DID like you. Until…I got sick of you following me around, you call me every minute and send me a million texts when I don’t answer your calls. I feel like you’re smothering me. You act like you’re so lost without me, like you don’t have a brain. Then, I started to lie. I lied about being busy all the time and make excuses about why my phone is off. I started to see this girl my father wanted me to marry. She’s quite amazing. She’s beautiful, smart, driven and independent. She’s so opposite..of YOU. I’m sorry. I don’t want this anymore.” Ae Suk just stared at him in shock and then fell to her knees. “I’m sorry for doing that Onew. I won’t do it again. I was just afraid you would leave. Please..please don’t end this. “ She begged as she held on to his leg in tears. He couldn’t look at her in the eyes. Onew kept his eyes straight ahead and told her,” I’ve already made up my mind,” and left. Ae Suk just continued crying. She couldn’t believe it was happening like this.

 

Meanwhile…On the other side of the ‘really big tree’

Gosh!! I need to sit down. That was the longest run I’ve done in a long time. 5 miles. Kim Bum just returned to Korea from New York. He was there to study abroad for the past three years. He’s changed a lot but home is the same. The park was the same. This tree that he’s always rest under is still the same. He dozed off into a nap. Later, his nap was disturbed by yelling and crying. A man’s voice talking, “…I DID like you. Until…I got sick of you following me around, you call me every minute and send me a million texts when I don’t answer your calls. I feel like you’re smothering me. You act like you’re so lost without me, like you don’t have a brain…..” followed by lots of crying.  “Poor girl. She must be devastated. I can’t stand to hear a woman cry, especially, THAT much. They must’ve been dating for at LEAST a year.” He stopped and listened again and heard the man’s voice,” I’ve already made up my mind.” He saw the man left and sees the woman still crying. He felt so bad. “He shouldn’t have dumped the truth onto her like that along with the breakup. *He shakes his head* Silly girl! You would’ve still taken him back. Well. It’s not my business anyway. I think I should just let her have her privacy.” Kim Bum turns around and stepped on a branch on the floor. *Crack*. Ae Suk stops sobbing and asked, “Whose there? Hello?” Kim Bum was hesitant before he replied back. “Hey..” Ae Suk got up. “No. No. Don’t come over here. Just stay where you are and listen.” Ae Suk listened. “I, I didn’t mean to overhear all of that. I was just sleeping under the tree. *he scratches his head* you seem like a nice, loving girl. You are really pretty. But if you’re always someone puppet, a toy, you will never win a man’s heart that way. Men admire women who are strong and independent. We admire women who know what they want and we are even more attracted to women who show us they don’t need us. The same way women are attracted to bad boys.” “I don’t like bad boys!” Ae Suk shouted offensively. “Really, he sure looks like one. Especially, when admitting he had another woman, which means he’s a player. I don’t know about you. But that wreaks ‘Bad Boy’ to me. He even dresses like he’s in a lead singer of some band or something. That means, he’s a CERTIFIED bad boy.” -________- Ae Suk is now curious who this stranger is. Is he even a stranger? Seems like a stalker instead. Kim Bum continued,” Anyway, I just want to say that if you were my girl, I would never let you cry like that. Not even a SINGLE tear drop. Bye. Beautiful.” <3 Ae Suk smiled and began to blush. She quickly ran to see who was this mysterious stranger behind the tree and found no one in sight. “Thank you stranger. I will never forget your words. You’re right. I should be stronger than this.” Ae Suk dried her eyes and left the park.