New Assignments

Diamond in the Rough (part II)

            Jae held me close as we kissed. His hand traveled from my back down towards my , his other hand pulling me closer to his body. It felt as if all the passion in the world was put into this one kiss. Nick had never kissed me like this. I could no longer pretend that the one I was kissing was my boyfriend. The second I came to this realization, my body moved on its own. I tilted my head a little to the side, deepening the kiss. He took notice of my action and the kiss became even deeper.

“CUT!” The director yelled.

If he had not stopped us, I don’t know how long that kiss would have gone and where it would have gone. When we returned to earth, the crew all stared at us with wide eyes and open mouths- even the director.

“That was good- very good you two, however, I won’t be able to keep that scene. I had already told this to Jake and Nick at the beginning of filming, but I had failed to remember to tell you, Jaehyo-ssi, but have you ever seen a drama with an idol in it?” He asked JD.

“Yes, sir.” He answered.

“Idols almost never kiss with passion in dramas- or even music videos, and that is not because of their acting skills, but because if the idols fans ever saw the footage, they would all freak out. Let’s try again for the last time, and this time, can you tone it down please?”

We both agreed.

He looked at me. “Are you ready?”

I just laughed. “Ha, are you ready?” I said, trying to mask the fact that I was actually extremely nervous.

“The last scene was good, so we’ll just film the kiss, okay?” The director yelled.

“Yes!” We both replied.

“Action!”

“I’ve always loved you.” The line that was committed to memory was actually annoying now that we had heard it so many times.

We kissed again, this time much more like the first few dead ones, but I was tired of kissing this fool, so I actually participated.

“And cut! That’s a wrap for you two.” The Director told us.

We gave him a bow, then left back into the waiting room. I’m still scared of being  in a room alone with Jae. I don’t know what he could do.

“Well that was fun.” He chuckled, with that stupid smirk of his. “Now the next time we kiss, it won’t be so weird.”

“Um, excuse me.” I interrupted. “There won’t be a next time.” I reassured him.

About to say something, his open mouth was interrupted by Nick as his head popped into the room.

“You’re both done with filming, right?” Nick asked me.

I nodded.
Without another word, he pulled me up from my seat and into his arms, earning a certain face from Jae.

“Good. President-hyung called us three, Hiroshi, Jake, Hyunsu, HyunJae, and a few others from the family to a meeting. I’m driving.”

           

            Jake tagged along so that he didn’t have to ride alone, thus the four of us piled awkwardly into the car. Jake was happy to be with his favorite dongsaeng Jae, completely unaware of the love triangle situation between us.

“Anyone know what the President wants from us?” Jake asked.

Jaehyo just gave him a weird look. Jake then realized that he had accidently spoken in English. I fixed the situation with my reply in Korean.

“No, we don’t know why the President wants us for.” I replied.

“I do have an idea though.” Nick said.

“Well then, what’s your theory?” Jake asked.

“Babe, get my phone and open the most recent email from President.” He requested.

“If you look at almost all of the people requested, they have either one or two things in common.”

“G2Y Kang-min-hyung, Ri-bon Risa-noona, Hanabi Hana-noona, Hiroshi-yah, and Mai, are all the group’s main singers, but he also called for Me, Jake, Jaehyo-sshi, Hanabi Shuri-noona, Ri-bon Rika and Rin-noonas, and G2Y Seung-young, Tai, and Shin-hyungs, the broadcasting specialists of the family. What I think is that it’s a new CF or something, which is why all the best variety people and actors are called.”

            When we got to the agency, Nick was mostly right. We all met in the large meeting room meant for big meetings like this. The President sat at the head of the long table.


“I’m guessing that you’re all wondering why I called you here, but as you look around, I’m sure the you’ve already guessed what it is.” The President began.

“It’s that time again.” Shin joked. All the sunbae laughed.

“Yes, Shinji-ssi, it’s time for your media assignments. Like usual, I’ll give you the list of assignments and let you all fight for which you want, but in the end, I will ultimately choose. Here’s the list:”

  • We Got Married: 1 female
  • The Romantic and Idol: 1 couple and 1 male
  • Music and Lyrics: 1 male
  • Immortal Song 5: 1 new male, 1 female
  • MTV Diary: 1 rookie group
  • Idol Army: 1 rookie group
  • MTV Match-Up: 1 group
  • Music Core Host: 2 people from 1 group

He also gave a list of dramas that were casting.

“I already know what I want!” JD exclaimed.

The President laughed.

“Now Jaehyo-ssi, you are still young in our family, so you don’t know that at these times, I assign the rookies their parts. I already have assignments for you, Hiroshi, and Mai.” He explained.

The two of them pouted.

“Save those faces for after I tell you your assignments.” He laughed.

“For Hiroshi, you will be in this season of Immortal Song, which Hyunsu us already a part of, along with your sunbae, Risa. Jaehyo, along with Mai will be the new couple for this season of The Romantic and Idol, and also I hope that you will take on a major role in a drama or movie. Also, Aqua will be doing this season of Idol Army. The other male for The Romantic and Idol is

Hiroshi was happy about his choices, he jumped up when the President told him that he got to be on Immortal Song. JD just smirked at the thought of us as a couple.

“Mai, you, I also hope to get a major role, but as a newly debuted girl group, you will be busy and may not be a casting director’s first choice, but I still want you to try. For A-Bomb, you will be doing MTV Diary. As for Cologne, you will be on MTV Match-Up against TS Entertainment’s B.A.P. and I hope that each member will take on a new project, whether it be musical, drama, movie, solo career, or others. Speaking of solo career, that is why I called in HyunJae and Rika.”

The President went on to describe how the rest of the year would go on for everyone. You could see the disappointment on Nick’s face when we were dismissed. The President kept the older sunbae in the meeting room and dismissed the rest of us to be called in later by group. I stayed in the lobby with Hiroshi, Jaehyo, HyunJae, Hyunsu, Jake, and Nick.

Hyunsu basked in the pride that the President is allowing him to make his first comeback as a soloist. He debuted with a single last year and is now returning to the music scene as a solo artist with a full length album, while HyunJae, another one of Cologne’s composers, was cast for this season of Music and Lyrics and will be making a solo debut. Though Nick had just been cast for both a minor character in an upcoming American action film and a major character in an upcoming Korean film, he couldn’t get over the fact that JD and I were casted as a new couple for this season of The Romantic and Idol.

“Hey, me and Nick are going to get some coffee, anyone want anything?” I asked as I stood up, basically telling Nick that he’d come with me, and of course all four wanted something. We took their orders and left. As we walked away, Nick took my hand for the first time inside the company building since our relationship was announced to the agency. I turned around to see JD’s reaction. I felt satisfaction seeing him roll his eyes at our touch.

            As soon as we were far enough away from them, Nick began whining.

“Why does this keep happening to me, to us?” He asked rhetorically.

I just shrugged and put my head on his shoulder as we walked hand in hand.

“Look at it from President-nim’s perspective. He is trying to be careful that none of the sunbae lose any fans due to relationship scandals, and since me and Jae had already had one there is nothing to lose. By the time that we started shooting, I will have already been debuted and this will be a good way to make A-Bomb’s popularity rise. Also, look at JJ Project’s success. JB-oppa went on this show and look at him now, they are on top of the music charts every time.”

Nick shrugged. “Why are you always right about this sort of stuff.” He smiled.

“I’m just trying to look on the bright side.”I replied.

He pulled me close. “And that’s what I love about you.”

His words made me a bit tense. I was still skeptical about that word.

“But don’t worry, babe. No matter what happens on that show, just remember that it’s all a set. No one ever falls in love on shows like that.” I said, even though I knew it was a lie.

He called me out on it too.

“You know that is a lie. You were the first one to congratulate Kwanghee-hyung and Sunhwa-noona when they announced their real marriage.”

“Well that’s just because me and Sunhwa-unnie are close.” I smiled.

“Oh yeah? What about Jun.K hyung and AOA Hyejeong? They’re still dating today and how long has it been? 3 years? AOA is even broken up and they continue to date with Jun.K is still even continuing 2PM & his solo promotions! They met on the same show that you and Jae are going on!” Nick opposed.

“Yeah, they’re dating, they’re not married.”

“YET!”

“Oppa, shut up.” I said, earning a confused look from him. I had never said that to him before.

“Listen. As long as you keep your faith in me, I will always love you and only you.” I said to him.

The gaze he returned made my heart burst. This look he was giving me was indescribable. Was this love?