-

Aren't We Friends?

Flick. Yongguk lits up his cigarette. It was another day in school, Yongguk was outside his school, taking a drag before entering class. 

"Alone?" Yongguk heard a voice and turned. It was Himchan, the new student. 

"Yeah." Yongguk took a puff from his cigarette. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to react in front of Himchan. Some how, Himchan makes him feel a little uneasy but at the same time, relaxed.

"Can I have one?" Himchan asked looking at the cigarette Yongguk was holding. 

"You smoke too?" Yongguk asked taking out a cig from his box and a lighter giving it to Himchan. 

"With friends." Himchan answered as he lit up the cig. With friends? Yongguk thought. So...I'm his friend now?? Himchan gave back his lighter.

"What's your name? I know you know mine, but I don't know yours." Himchan asked as he took a puff. Come to think of it, Yongguk realized that he hasn't introduced himself yet. 

"Yongguk. Bang Yongguk." Yongguk introduced himself. Himchan nodded. 

RINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

It was time for them to go to class. Himchan and Yongguk flicked the cig off and headed for class. 

The whole time in class, Yongguk was staring at Himchan. That black raven hair, pretty eyes and nose. Yongguk wanted to talk to him more, wanted to know more about him. Kim Himchan. Yongguk whispered the name in his head. Himchan had a slight feeling that he was being watched. He turned his head back and he was right, Yongguk was watching him. Caught starting, Yongguk immediately turned to the front to the board and pretended he was concentrating on what the teacher was teaching. But Himchan knew he was staring. 

It was finally end of the class, as Himchan left the class, Yongguk followed and chased after him

"Yah! Kim Himchan" Yongguk yelled across the hallway. Himchan turned as Yongguk walks up to him.

"Where ya' heading to?" Yongguk ask.

"Home."

"Home?"

"Yeah." Himchan replied. There was an awkward silence between them.

"Youngguk hyung! There you are!" Yongjae and Zelo walked towards them. 

"Oh? Isn't that the guy that win you over the racing game at the arcade yesterday?" Youngjae asked pointing to Himchan. Himchan looked at Yongguk with a small smirked on his face. Yongguk frowned. Himchan then turned away and walked away. 

"Hyung! Let's go eat! I'm hungry!" Zelo cried out. 

"You guys go ahead, I'm not hungry." Yongguk said as he chased after Himchan. Youngjae and Zelo wondered what was going on with Yongguk.

"Himchan-ah!" Yongguk yelled. 

"What is it now?" Himchan felt slightly irritated. What's with this guy? He thought.

"Wanna hang out?" Yongguk ask. Himchan gave a thought. Ever since he came into the new school, he never made any friends. Not really anyone would talk to him. It was only Yongguk. He looks at Yongguk. He's the only person in the class that would talk to him. 

"Sure." Himchan smiles. "Lets hang out." 

=====

"Yah yah! I'm gonna win you this time!" Yongguk yelled as he turned the wheel of the machine furiously.

"Well, bring it on then!" Himchan yelled back laughing. They were at the arcade playing the same game. Yongguk was determined to win Himchan this time. Yongguk hated defeat, he never loses, until he raced Himchan, and loses.

"Yah-aish!!" Yongguk slammed his arm onto the the wheel of the arcade machine. Yongguk can't believe he loses to Himchan again. Himchan laughs at the sight of the furious Yongguk. Himchan guessed that wasn't Yongguk wasn't used to losing. 

"Let's go~" Himchan got out of the seat and grab his bag.

"What? Yah, I'm not done yet!" Yongguk yelled but Himchan ignored him and continued walking out of the arcade. Yongguk grabs his bag and chased after Himchan. 

"Aish~ You're no fun at all." Yongguk said as he catches up with Himchan.

"Why? Just because you lose in the game?" Himchan teased.

"What??" Yongguk playfully grabs Himchan shoulders using his arm  pulling him down. 

"Yah! Let go you loser!" Himchan teased again and started laughing, strugguling to let go of Yongguk's hold. Gosh he's strong. Himchan thought. 

"What did you called me?" Yongguk started laughing and chased after Himchan when Himchan managed to break through Yongguk's arms. 

After having to chase Himchan, they finally settled down on a bench eating their cup noddles. They were eating their noodles happily and quietly. himchan never felt more comfortable with Yongguk. He only knew this guy not long but it seemed like they have been long time brothers. 

"So you live around this area?" Yongguk asked chewing the noodles in his mouth. 

"You shouldn't talk when your mouth is full." Himchan placed his cup noodle aside, he had finished eating. "And yes, I live around here, just a few blocks down." Himchan said pointing down the street. Yongguk slurped his last mouth full of noodle and chewed it up before he starts speaking.

"So, tell me Himchan, why did you transfer here? Where were you from?" Yongguk asked

"I was born in Korea but when I was five, my parents moved to New York because of my dad's business. We lived there for a long time, I liked it there in New York. But just a few months ago, we moved back to our home." Himchan said shaking both his legs. 

"Ah~ Well, since you liked it in New York, why didn't you just stayed there? Why did you moved back here?" Yongguk was curious. Himchan stopped shaking he legs and started staring into space.

"Because...." Himchan's voice trailed off.

"Because...????" Youngguk was looking at Himchan raising both his eyebrows. There was a short silent moment. 

"Himchan hyung?" A voice called out. Both Yongguk and Himchan turned.

"Oh! Jongup-ah." Himchan picks up his bag. "This is my younger brother, Jongup, this is Yongguk." Jongup bows politely at Yongguk. Yongguk bows back lightly.

"Is he your new friend hyung?" Jongup asked, smiling at Yongguk. Himchan nodded. 

"Well, I guess I gotta go now, or my mom would be worried. See you tomorrow in class." Himchan walks of with Jongup. Yongguk wanted to stop Himchan when he remembered that Himchan did not finished his sentence. Yongguk wanted to know. Yongguk wanted to find out more about this Kim Himchan. He sighed, grabs his bag and left the place. 

 

 

Stay tune~ There's more coming ^^ And Jongup made a cameo, yay~