Shocking News and New Life

From Bad to Good?

"Cho Hee, we would like to see you in the living room!" Cho Hee's mom yelled from down stairs.

 "Uh oh..I bet they found out what happened at school today." Cho Hee said biting her bottom lip.

She walked down the stairs and entered the living room, to see her parents with very upset faces. She sat down on the couch across from where they were sitting, and plopped her feet on the table like nothing was wrong.

 "Would you like to explain to us what happened in school today?" Cho Hee's father asked arching his eyebrow.

"No not really, but I can tell you that she was annoying me during lunch. So I just simply slapped her." Cho Hee replied bluntly.

Her dad slammed his fist on the table and yelled, "You are going to live with your grandparents in Korea for the rest of the school year!"

Cho Hee got up from the couch and walked up the stairs, shouted random curse words and started ruffling her hair till she got to her room and slammed the door with a loud Bang.

 "I don't want to go to Korea! There is nothing to do, and School started two months ago! Why would they send me there?!" Cho Hee yelled pacing back and fourth in her room.

"Cho Hee, can I come in? It's me eomma." She walked into the room to see Cho Hee under the blankets on her bed, she sat on the end of the bed and slowly pulled off the blankets to see Cho Hee's face.

 "Eomma! Why do I have to go there of all places?" Cho Hee asked with watery eyes.

Her mother grabbed Cho Hee's hand and placed them in her and replied, "Because you get into to many fights at school, and if you go to Korea and stay with your grandparents..they will teach you to be more mannered."

Cho Hee removed her hands from her mothers, grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. When she was done throwing her Little tantrum she asked "When am I leaving?"

 "Tomorrow morning. Your father already booked the flight when he heard about your fight at school, so pack up." Cho Hee's mom said getting up and leaving the room.

"If only I wouldn't get into any fights!" Cho Hee groaned, and started packing all her belonings.

☼~☼~☼~☼

The next morning Cho Hee ignored her father the whole car ride to the airport, and just started out the window.

 "Cho Hee we are here. Grab your suit case from the trunk, and hurry or else you'll miss your flight." Her mom said rushing to the airport entrance way.

Cho Hee grabbed her suit case and followed her parents with no expression on her face.

 "Okay now, your flight is going to be called soon so you better hurry and get checked in. Abeoji and Halmeoni will be waiting for you at the gate arasseo?" Cho Hee's dad said.

Cho Hee nodded her head, and said her goodbye's to her parents and boarded the plane.

"I'm gonna miss her!" Cho Hee's mom sobbed hugging her husband.

 "I know, I am gonna miss her too." He said rubbing her back gently.

☼~☼~☼~☼

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking. You shall be arriving to Incheon Airport in about 5 minutes." the captain said through the speaker.

 "Almost there, Cho Hee you can do this!" Cho Hee said doing a little fist pump.

Five minutes have passed, and Cho Hee was now boarding off of the plane and into the the large airport. Her eyes widened at how big the airport was.

 She walked around the airport gates, until she found her grandparents waving their arms frantically above their heads.  Cho Hee rolled her eyes and wheeled her luggage over to them, and gave them a big bear hug.

"Halmeoni, Abeoji! I missed you guy's  so much how have you been?" Cho Hee asked smiling at her grandparents.

 "We have been fine. But the stories we have heard about you, we need to fix that young lady." Cho Hee's grandpa sternly said poking her forehead.

Cho Hee rubbed her forehead and made a pouty face. "So when do I start school? And where do you live?" She asked looking at her grandparents faces.

 Her grandmother put a finger to her lips, signaling her to stop talking and say, "You start school tomorrow, and you will see our house when we get there."

The three of them walked out of the airport and into a small blue mini van. "Off we go!" Cho Hee's grandfather said starting the engine.

☼~☼~☼~☼

Cho Hee looked at her grandparents house in surprise and thought to herself *This is not what I expected.*

 "Ever since your father left to live in the states, we saved up all our money for our dream house." Her grandmother explained.

"Halmeoni is my room big or small?" Cho Hee asked using her arms to emphasis the sizes.

They laughed at her cuteness, and lead her to her room. They stopped at a door, and her grandpa twisted the doorknob and opened it to let Cho Hee get a better glimpse. Cho Hee gaped at how big her room was. She ran straight to the bed and jumped up and down like a 5 year old to test the matress.

"Do you like it? We made this bedroom especially for you." her grandma said with a smile.

"Neh Halmeoni, I love it! Thank you Abeoji and Halmeoni!" Cho Hee enthusiastically answered smiling ear to ear.

 "Well, we will let you unpack so you can be ready for school tomorrow morning." Abeoji said patting Cho Hee's head.

"Good Night halmeoni! Good night abeoji!" Cho Hee shouted after them closing her room door.

 I guess this is my new life for now.  Cho Hee thought to herself with a little sigh.