The Introduction

The Legendary Legend of Miss Kim Taeyeon!

 

Chapter 1: The Introduction

 

 

                “Legend tells of a story that consists of Legends. A Legend that every tutor and teacher of Seoul knows by heart and honors—”

 

                “Shut up, Taeyeon. You’re embarrassing yourself,” Jessica coldly stated as she came back from bringing their orders from the counter. She swiftly placed the mug in front of Taeyeon and sat down primly in her own seat of the cafe.

 

                Surrounding the two college students was a warm, brown interior with intricate designs of wood. The auroma of coffee overwhelmed the atmosphere, leaving its customers relaxed and at peace. Murmurings could be heard as other strangers conversed with one another, some as friends or family and others as lovers. The natural sunlight of summer beamed through the windows of the shop and provided little warmth, as the air conditioner was on full blast. All of these, of course, went unnoticed by the two females immersed in their own little conversation.

 

               Taeyeon, clearly sulking, wore a white-laced sundress and a pair of caramel-colored leather roman sandals. Her hair adorned a simple braid on her bangs while the rest of her hair was left in soft, long, loose curls. Her makeup was light and unnoticable, matching her adorable features and short stature.

 

                In defeat, the petite girl puffed and huffed out her cheeks while holding a cup of coffee, making her seem like an oversized puffball with an attitutude. Noticing this, the ice princess smirked to herself at Taeyeon’s obvious frown and scoffed out, “I know you’re all jiggy wiggy about this new tutoring job, but, seriously?  You’re making a legend about yourself?”

 

                Since her inner craziness was unable to ignore the attack, Taeyeon’s mouth twitched in vexation and barked out like a crazy ahjummah (1), “I am a legend! I will be a legend! All of Seoul will know of my name! They will bow down at the name of Kim Taeyeon, the empress of all of tutors! The lover of all teach….”

 

                The ice princess just rolled her eyes and sighed. Knowing the situation all-too-well, she started to smoothe out her stark-white blazer and pastel yellow-colored blouse. Her golden bangles dangled 'to-and-fro' her wrists in displeasure. She then examined her stilettos and charcoal black capris while dusting off imaginary lint in boredom. After all, Taeyeon's rants were always long and just plain boring.

 

                5…4…3…2…1…’ thought Jessica, taking a stray hairpiece back to its place before nonchalantly looking at Taeyeon once again.

 

                “—and everyone will love me!” Taeyeon dorkily exclaimed. She proudly smiled to herself for her ‘outstanding’ speech of tutors, heroes, and such.  Jessica just nodded lazily and silently commended herself for sticking to such a crazy dwarf for so long.

 

                “So who’s the lucky boy? After all, he is going to get tutored by Seoul National Universities’s Queen-ka,” Jessica thought to herself aloud. In any case, jumping to a different conversation seemed like the best way to get out of Taeyeon’s ridiculous rant. As much as she loved her Taengoo, her long lectures always drove every one of her friends--including Jessica--crazy.

 

                Hearing this, her best friend frowned in puzzlement and tilted her head to the side. Then, she suddenly laughed out her loud, ahjummah-like laugh, scaring the life out of the female sitting in front of her.

 

                Still chuckling, Taeyeon coughed out unattractively, “Jessica, what are talking about? I’m no Queen-ka, you are! Sheesh, you're definitely talking crazy, babo, you anti-cucumber babo.”

 

                Jessica raised an eyebrow, clearly amused as Taeyeon recollected herself. She briefly examined the small girl in front of her.

 

                Shiny, rabbit-like eyes? Check. Full, pale pink lips ready for a kiss? Check. Long lashes that makes you want to use them as a blush brush? Check (Was that just her?).  A cute, petite frame? Check. A perky that any man would love to squish (and that Jessica does every moment she can)? Check. Shiny, long, blondish-brownish hair with no tangles or stray hairs sticking all over the place without even trying or using countless of high-class hair products? Check (Okay, she was jealous of this one; but who can blame her?).  Men from the café  are at blatantly staring at her (and, well, her too, but still) even with their girlfriends beside them? Check and check.

 

                Taeyeon merely stared in disbelief while Jessica checked her out, totally baffled to think why her best friend (who is amazingly beautiful like those shiny princesses on the Saturday morning reruns of fairy tale movies) would think that she would be a Queen-ka in her stead. Sure she admitted that she was pretty-pretty, but, I mean, look at the woman! Jessica's all "shabang shabang (2)" while she's... Well, you get the point.

 

                “Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just tell me the guy’s name,” Jessica drawled out after finishing her examintation, not wanting to mentally chainsaw through Taeyeon’s dense head again in order for her to understand.

 

                Dropping the subject, the Taeyeon grimaced as she said, “The boy’s name is... huh. I forgot. I think his surname is Kim?" Exasperated, Jessica sent her a look that read, 'Are you serious? You forgot your student's name?' while she drank from her cup.

 

                Sheepishly grinning, Taeyeon continued on, "But he’s 18 and in the second year of high school. His grades are pretty bad and his parents were begging me on their knees to set him straight for college for him to take a business major.” Once she finished, she took a sip of her black coffee. 

 

                “Huh. Didn’t you say that his dad was the Korean CEO Ambassador of Apple? I don’t think he’d be that unprofessional in front of a total stranger…” analyzed Jessica. Things just didn’t seem to add up for her.

 

                Without saying a word, Taeyeon shuffled through her bag, took out several sheets of paper, and handed them to her best friend. Confused, Jessica knit her eyebrows together and sent a questioning glance to the dwarf.

 

                “Just read it,” said Taeyeon.

 

                Sighing, Jessica took the papers and scoped the information. Her eyes widened in surprise and gawked back at her friend.

 

                “Ze…ze…”

 

                Taeyeon nodded solemnly. “Yeah, zeroes on all courses through 8th  grade to the 10th . You should’ve seen my face when I first saw it. I was going to reject the proposal, but their parents looked so… pitiful,” sighed out the dainty female. Jessica just kept on gaping at her friend.

 

                “Zero?... a zero,” affirmed Jessica, still attempting to process the shocking information.

 

                Nodding at her friend’s words, Taeyeon added, “And to top it off, he’s in some sort of gang at their school. This was the reason why I was exclaiming how a legend I will be if I were to bring up this kid’s grades.”

 

                Shaking her head, Jessica giggled as if to say that it was impossible. Taeyeon merely looked on in a stubborn gaze, scowling at her friend belittling her goal. Okay, maybe it was a bit impossible, but still, a little encouragement would have been nice.

 

                “If. Remember, you said IF,” stated Jessica, finally recollecting herself.  After a long silence between the two, Jessica added another thought, “But you can always use ‘that’ if you’re in trouble.”

 

                Taeyeon gasped, her scowl replaced with disbelief. “I’m sure he’s not going to be that bad! Plus, using ‘that’ is too dangerous.”

 

                Jessica smirked at her friend’s naivety. Sipping on her caramel macchiato, she whispered to herself, “Trust me, you will use it.”

 

                Ignoring her friend's warning, Taeyeon checked her watch to find that it was already 2:45. Gasping, she quickly gathered her things and yelled out, "Sorry Jess! I have to go to a tutoring session! I'll see you tomorrow!" 

 

                Rolling her eyes, Jessica nodded and saw her adorable friend leave with such haste that she bumped her coffee into a complete stranger. 

 

                While watching Taeyeon bowing apologetically to the angry man with amusement, Jessica chuckled to herself myseriously as she thought, 'I can already tell that she's gonna cook up a lot of trouble...'

 

                Once Taeyeon was fully out of the door, Jessica grabbed her Louis Vuitton Limited Edition bag and slipped on her Ray-Ban Aviators. After taking one last sip on her now luke-warm coffee, Jessica thought with boredom,

 

                'Oh well

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

(1) ahjummah is a lady usually between her mid 30's and late 50's.

(2) shabang shabang is a sound effect used by Koreans that means "shiny shiny"

 

So, how'd you like it? Let me know your comments below :)

Oh, and I've tried my best not to make Taeyeon act as an aegyo girl, but still an adorkable cute. And yes, Taeyeon is a weirdo, but she's very mature at times too. You'll see later on~

By the way, what is 'that'? Hm.

I would love it if you would click the Subscribe to Story and  Post Comment  button~

If there are any errors, I would love to be notified of it and fix it as soon as possible♥  

Thank You and Love your faces! :)