T.o.P & You

Blame it on the Alcohol

 

The bass was extra boomin tonight. You touched up your lip gloss in the dirty bathroom mirror. Usually this club was pretty decent about keeping their bathrooms clean, but with the amount of people in here there was no way you could keep it spotless. And no wonder. It was the weekend. 

You had spent all week slaving away in your classes and your boyfriend Seunghyun had decided that you needed some fun in your life. Normally you were a good girl. You didn’t “party” like the other girls in your class. You would have rather spent evenings at home, with a bucket of ice cream watching your favorite shows on tv. Okay not a bucket, maybe a tub though. But your boyfriend was Seunghyun. THE Choi SeungHyun, more commonly known as TOP from Big Bang. Your good girl nature was what drew him to you. And you both balanced each other out. Being at clubs and around the fans was part of his life, and if you wanted to be a part of it, you were gonna have to learn to deal.

So when he suggested the club, you shockingly agreed. You dug out a black mini dress your Unnie had bought you years ago. You paired it with a thick red belt and your red suede wedges that you’d never worn. Your friends had peer pressured you into wearing them because they made your legs look amazing. But you wanted blue, a colour you would wear more. But they insisted on the red. So with one gold cuff that matched the gold buckle on the belt, and a pair of statement gold dangle earrings, you were a knock out. At least SeungHyun said so when he came to pick you up. He actually arched those infamous brows of his at you when you came down stairs. Your Oppa who was sitting on the couch wolf whistled which made you blush. 

“SeungHyun ah, you better take good care of my dongseng. Make sure those fresh boys keep their hands off her or else.” he mockingly shook his fist at SeungHyun who grinned and bowed promising your return without a scratch. 

You bumped into a group of girls on your way coming out of the bathroom and immediately apologized. They looked at you with squinted eyes and made some comments you couldn’t hear over the music. But you could tell they were “those” kinds of girls. Mean girls. You’d had more than your share of run ins with girls like them in school. You didn’t have to meet them here. Somehow you managed to edge your way around the dance floor back to where your table was with TOP and a few of his friends from Nu Thang. You didn’t see him, and you leaned toward HyukSoo Oppa and asked him where TOP had gone. He gave you a rather blank look, almost apologetic, and motioned out on the dance floor.

Even before you turned your head, you had a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. When you did look, you saw SeungHyun grind dancing with some girl, a bottle in his hand, and the most ridiculous of wasted looks on his face. You were so shocked you didn’t know what to do. Did you leave? If you did where would you go? How would you get back home? Did you stay? And just sit there while your boyfriend grinding up on some girl? You were beginning to feel extremely uncomfortable. The tears had already started forming. HyukSoo looked at you and put a hand on your shoulder. You leaned away, and picking up your clutch and phone from the table, you made your way to the front door. 

You were not this person. You didn’t have drama in your life. Nothing like this had ever happened to you before. Any guy you’d ever been with before, you had parted agreeably. There had never been any cheating, you were being jaded and knew it in the act. Of course it could have been innocent. The alcohol could have been to blame. He had been known to drink a whole bottle of wine by himself, but he was alone. How were you going to explain this to him? You still weren’t sure whether to stay or go when you were pushed. Hard. 

You turned and looked at it was the girls from in front of the bathroom.

“Ya Babo ya, you messed up my new shoes in there with your clumsy .” a girl said with a definite wave of her head, with a hand on her hip. She looked ridiculous but you didn’t dare laugh. Three of her friends, looking varying degrees of fake were standing behind her. You didn’t know how many of them it would have taken to whip your , but you knew how many they were gonna use. You had no chance. You’d never been in a fight before. 

“I’m very sorry, I tripped over another girl who was going into the bathroom, I didn’t do it on purpose.” you pleaded. 

“Well your sorry isn’t going to fix my shoes is it?” she asked. You stole a glance at her shoes which didn’t look like there was anything wrong with them. 

“No, I suppose not.” you admitted.

“So you’re going to pay for them.” she said threateningly. Your eyes opened wide. She was trying to extort you? You’d heard about girls like her in the clubs. TOP’s labelmate Park Bom had told you about girls like that, and she’d warned you about them.

“No.” you said quietly. The look on her face was murderous.

“What?” she almost shrieked.

“I-I said no. It was an accident, and it doesn’t look like there’s anything wrong with them. I’m not giving you money.” you said boldly. 

“Why you little miss goodie goodie…” she took a step towards you but she didn’t quite make it. A hand on her shoulder stopped her. Looking over it was GD, TOPs best friend.

“Look I don’t know what my friends done, but I’m sure she’s said sorry enough. You’re not gonna get any money out of her. Go pick on someone else.” he reprimanded. The girl looked angry and her friends were ready to back her up, but then all of Nu Thang started coming out, and they backed off. All but TOP you noticed and HyukSoo.

”_______-ah, where did you go? Why did you come out here for?” he asked while the others took a stance to make sure the girls stayed away from you.

“I-I was going to.. leave..” you started quietly, the tears already starting.

“Why? Are you crying? Don’t cry, they can’t hurt you. They won’t bother you anymore. Come back inside.” he said opening his arm to you. You took a step back and shook your head.

“I’m going to call my Oppa to come pick me up and take me home.” you said and dialing the numbers before GD could say anything more to you, your were on the phone with him, who agreed to be right there. 

“I wish you’d tell me what’s wrong _______-ah. TOP Hyung isn’t going to be happy when he finds out that you’re gone without saying goodbye. Especially if I can’t tell him what’s wrong.” he mentioned.

Your brother pulled up in his car and waved at you. You headed for the car and GD implored you once again.

“TOP Hyung is going to be upset that you’re gone without saying anything.”

“Then maybe Choi SeungHyun shouldn’t get wasted and be grinding up on some random girl in the crowd while his girlfriend is sitting at the table looking and feeling like a fool!” you screamed at him and got into the car slamming the door. You broke down in the front seat in front of your Oppa but you didn’t care. Your heart felt like it was going to break. How could he do this to you?

All those things he told you, about being faithful, being content just being with you, not having the desire to look at anyone else but you, were those all lies? For what purpose? Was he trying to see how easy and gullible you could be? No. Surely not. But then you weren’t sure of anything just then. Only that you hurt and the one person who, up until that point, had eased all your hurts, was no where to be found. 

For the next two days you stayed in your room feeling like sludge. Every time you got up to do anything, the tears would run down your face, and you’d cry so hard you couldn’t breathe. It was just easier to lay there, with a towel over your pillow to catch all the tears. You began to feel the effects of hunger and most definitely dehydration were starting to set in. 

You headed downstairs to find some juice and some Tylenol. Your Oppa was in the kitchen and looked up at you from his laptop. 

“You look awful. Have you been sleeping?” he asked. You shook your head no. You’d caught some catnaps but nothing more than an hour or so at a time. 

“Just so you know, SeungHyun has been here twice looking for you. He said your phone is off, and he’s worried about you.” Just hearing his name caused you to tear up. “I know it’s a painful thing, but you’re going to have to talk to him about it eventually.” 

You frowned and realized that he was right. You were going to have to face up to what happened. No doubt that GD had already told TOP what you had screamed outside the club. You might as well face the music. You went upstairs after taking your juice and Tylenol, although your brother made you eat something as well so you weren’t taking pills on an empty stomach. You plugged your phone in and saw that you had 82 missed messages and texts. You guessed they were all from SeungHyun so you didn’t bother listening to them. You dialed his number, took a deep breath, and hoped for the best.