Notes

The Reversal [ONESHOT]

 

AN:

Omg lol I noticed in the comments section that the majority of y'all are confused about the plot of this story. Allow me to give you guys a little backstory on this one. Basically I was trying to sleep, but it was one of those nights where I was just so full of angst--as Dara would call it, "senti" (sentimental). Then suddenly this idea of a tabisan tragedy just popped in my head, so I decided to sacrifice sleep to write it.   

So yeah, I wrote this in the wee hours of the morning, and yes it did come out very vague, but some of it was intentional though. I read this a bunch of times, and I honestly prefer it this way. Let me explain. 

First of, this is sort of a I'm Sorry MV AU (I should've specified that sooner). Dara is already dead in this story, so what we and TOP are seeing is merely his imagination of her. The dock they are at, well, just imagine that to be at the beach he was in at the end of the MV. 

 

"I knew you'd be here." I couldn't stop the laughter that came from hearing that voice. But even to me, it seemed fake--broken.

"Did Jiyong sent you?" I asked, humoring myself and not turning around. I was too afraid to see. 

-This particular part was just some irony, since Dara's already dead, so obviously Jiyong can't talk to her. It also slightly hints that people are worried about him.

 

"I--", my voice breaks as realization finally sinks in, "I want to see the sunrise because...because I need to see that things aren't over...I need to see that there's going to be a new day to erase what I'm feeling right now....I need something concrete..something real."

-This just implied that he has been imagining Dara for a while, and that he couldn't handle it anymore. 

 

Lastly, this was supposed to be a Cancer AU too. For some reason I thought it would be OK for TOP to succumb to the same disease as Dara but it didn't work out, both logically and it didn't suit my taste. I still wanted it to be a tragedy, so I settled for a suicide concept (don't kill me!). I thought it was pretty obvious, since he mentioned about letters and his goodbye's but maybe it wasn't? Also, on the first sunset scene, TOP failed at commiting suicide, he missed his timing (sunrise came). But the pain was just too much for him so he came back the next day, same time and same place, to die and finally they were together again. 

If y'all have other questions, please comment. Obviously I need to work on my writing skills more, but this was my first fanfic so... heh :)

Thank you guys for reading and subscribing! <3