Chapter 2

Child's Play [Hiatus]

 

~ Chapter 2 ~

<> The Name Game <>

 
 
 
Junsu jolted awake to bright sun streaming into his face. His heart was beating out of his chest and he was soaked in sweat. It took a couple of moments for it to register with him that he was alive and safely swaddled in blankets and not burning alive in a nightmarish hell. He reached up to wipe his face off and he was startled to find the warm remnants of tears. That horrific dream; he was buried alive and left to burn to death. He shuddered; it felt so real.
 
He went to roll over when it occurred to him that these surroundings were not the same that he fell asleep to. His eyes focused on something shiny and wooden looming over him and he belatedly realized that he was lying on the floor and that the object in question was the leg of his bed frame. 
 
He sat up, groaning at the bruising pain in his back which he assumed was from falling out of his bed sometime during the night. He untangled himself from his bedsheets, which he also apparently brought with him on the way down.
 
“Ugh,” he muttered while trying to stretch out some of the soreness in his muscles. “I haven't fallen out of my bed since I was five.” 
 
He tossed all the sheets back onto the and re-made the bed. He glanced at the clock sitting on his bedside table. 7:30AM it read in neon red text. Junsu sighed, it was too late to go back to bed – although he doubted he would have been able to sleep anyway after the more than rattling dream he had just experienced. He padded down the creaking staircase, rubbing his eyes and willed away all sleepiness from his body.
 
He made his way to the kitchen but found it deserted. His parents were around somewhere, most likely revising some last minute plans before the movers arrived. 
 
Maybe some fresh air might wake me up he thought to himself. He glanced behind him and confirmed that he was alone before slipping out the side door.
 
He inhaled the thin morning air, while running his hands through the overgrown plantation. He enjoyed the sensation of the beads of dew dripping from his fingers. 
 
In the spur of the moment, he stopped and picked off a leaf from a plant stem and brought it to his mouth, shaking it and letting a few drops fall experimentally onto his tongue. It tasted like pure water; cool and refreshing. 
 
Once he reached the tree, he sat on the swing and watched the sun rise slowly from the east, in awe at how the dew covered apples sparkled in the sun's early rays.
 
Curious, he reached up and plucked one of the lush fruits and was about to take a bite when a sound startled him.
“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” piped a voice.
 
“Huh?” Junsu felt his stomach jump up his throat and he nearly dropped the apple. He looked up to see a boy, roughly his age, sitting on a branch with his feet dangling a few feet above Junsu's head. How could he not have seen that?
 
“Nobody ever looks up,” the boy said, smirking at Junsu's deer-in-the-headlights expression. "I'm Yoochun.” chirped the boy.  
 
“Junsu,” he offered, feeling weak as his stomach slowly slid back down his throat.
 
Yoochun jumped down off his branch and landed on his feet, using his knees to absorb the impact. “I really wouldn't do that if I were you,” He repeated, snatching the apple out of Junsu's hand and waving it in his face. Yoochun took a bite out of it before shoving it back in Junsu's face to sniff. He recoiled; it smelled like pure vinegar.
 
“Ugh, how can you eat that?” Yoochun just shrugged and took another bite.
 
“Just takes some getting used to. The sweeter ones are over there.” He pointed over to the far left of the property where Junsu could see the bushy forms in bloom.
 
Yoochun stiffened and peered in the direction of the farmhouse. “I think someone's calling you.”
“Oh, that must be my mother.” Junsu muttered, craning his neck. Then he heard the same bell chime from yesterday. He looked back to Yoochun who had downed the apple in record time and was twirling core in his hand. “I guess I need to go then.”
 
He got off the swing and trounced down the hill, but stopped and turned to Yoochun and waved a little. I'll see you around, I guess...” He trailed off. Yoochun nodded from the swing seat he had taken in Junsu's stead and grinned at Junsu, waving back. Junsu gave a shy smile in return before he took off running.
 
 
“What took you so long earlier?” The question knocked him out of his daze and Junsu looked up from his cereal.
 
“I didn't hear you, sorry.” He mumbled.
“Then you shouldn't play so far away from the house.” His father snapped, his face buried in blueprints and sketches. Junsu rollef his eyes.
 
“Well I came in the end didn't I?” He retorted, feeling a spark of irritation flare.
His father's head snapped up, giving him the don't-use-that-tone-with-me glare.
“It was Yoochun who heard you,” He continued, choosing to ignore the man.
 
“Who's that, honey?” His mother asked.
“Another boy- I think he's around my age, but I didn't ask because you said it was rude in some places.” He looked at his father pointedly as he spoke the last part and the man nodded, looking pleased and continued studying the plans.
 
“Another boy?” His mother set down a glass of orange juice in front of him and took a seat beside him. She frowned a little. “I don't remember the couple mentioning any other kids living around here.” She shrugged. “But as long as you're making friends, that's good to hear.”
 
“He seems nice.” said Junsu, twirling his spoon in the milk.
 
“Junsu, stop talking so much and eat your breakfast.” His father spoke up.
Junsu huffed and plunged his spoon into the bowl, causing shrapnel of cereal to fly all over the table. His father slapped his hand on the table , making the two jump. “Enough with the attitude!” He bellowed and the table fell silent.
 
Junsu looked to his mother but she gave him the listen-to-your-father look. Junsu slumped in his seat and took another bite of cereal. He idly wondered what time Yoochun went to bed at night to be able to get up that early.
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
 
 
 
And Junsu finally meets Yoochun. Woohoo! 
 
The update is a wee bit short and the actual chapter (which I have not yet completely) will get posted sometime soon ^^ 
 
Please Comment and tell me what you thought. I know there isn't a whole lot of YooSu in this update (let me assure you that there is a shipload more coming) but I would really love to hear your opinion on their interactions so far so I can tweak it a bit. 
 
Oh and on a side note, just in case you missed the foreword, you might find it worth your while to go back and read it. :D
 
One last thing: I have a question for you all that I would like you to answer (even if it is just with one word) 
 
Which would Yoochun prefer to sit out and watch: Sunsets or Sunrises? 

 

 
See you next update <3
Rainy