I won't remember this tomorrow

Only tears for my Girlfriend

 

“What are you going to do?”, Yubin asked, a little drunk.

“Nothing.”, Ye Eun answered and left.

She almost stumbled while entering the bathroom. With a big glass of wine in one hand and her cell phone in another, she closed the door with her foot. She sighed and took another sip of wine.

She had been drinking for almost four hours now. It was supposed to be a celebration – it was Lim’s birthday party and the girls had reunited in Ye Eun’s house – but she turned it into a “let’s drown our sadness” reunion after midnight.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her once long, black hair (and later blonde) was now short and red. Now she also had fringe. It was a needed change. She sighed, looking at herself. She was blushed and it was clear that she was drunk.

“I’m going to call him. That’s it.”, she said to her glass of wine.

Before she could do anything, she heard a bang on the door.

“Are you okay Yenny?”, she heard Lim asking.

“I am, don’t worry.”, Ye Eun said, hiccupping.

“Okay. If you need anything tell me.”, Lim asked worried.

Ye Eun sighed and sat on the closed toilet.

She dialed his number automatically. Even drunk she didn’t have to think twice about that.

“Hello?”, she heard his confused voice on the other side after ringing three of four times.

Her heart started beating faster and suddenly it was hard to breath. She closed her eyes in order to calm down.

“Were you sleeping? I’m sorry.”, Ye Eun almost whispered after a moment.

She heard him sighing and drank the rest of the wine.

“I wasn’t. What’s wrong?”, he asked, a mixture of perplexity and concern.

“I guess I just wanted to hear your voice.”, Ye Eun started.

Her head was spinning and was dry.

“Ye Eun…”, she heard him call her name. Her heart almost jumped from her chest.

“I know I shouldn’t do this, I know it’s over between us, but can you talk to me just for a while?”, she asked him. She closed her eyes and sat back against the cold but comforting white wall.

“Ye Eun, I can’t.”, he said. If she wasn’t drunk, she would swear he sounded remorseful. It was almost like his voice was saying one thing, but his heart wanted another.

“I want to get back with you. I love you.”, she told him, her voice full of hope.

“I have a girlfriend.”, he almost blurted.

Ye Eun’s heart stopped. She wanted to kick something, she wanted to scream, she wanted to cry. Yet, she remained calm.

“I’m with her right now.”, Sunggyu explained after a moment of silence.

“You’re lying right?”, Ye Eun asked promptly.

“No.”

“Is she listening to this?”

“No.”

“Why did you pick up then? You’re not even drunk!”, Ye Eun almost yelled at the cell phone.

She didn’t give Sunggyu a chance to answer and hung up.

She started to cry.

“Why did you pick up? You weren’t drunk! You could’ve just pretended not to hear.”, she sobbed, now sitting on the floor.

“You shouldn’t have picked up, and then I could’ve just fallen asleep in peace!”, she yelled, crying, as she threw her cell phone against the wall.

It crashed and the little pieces fell to the floor, as Ye Eun continued to cry, trying to calm down.

“Why did I do this? I wasn’t in my right state of mind. I was stupid.”, she murmured.

Getting up, she washed her face and sighed, looking again at her reflection in the mirror. She looked miserable, blushed, with a red nose and red puffy eyes, her face stained with tears.

“It was easy for you to forget me, to forget our love. But, it doesn’t matter, really.”, Ye Eun cleaned her face.

“I won’t even remember this tomorrow.”, she whispered and left the bathroom.

“Are you okay?”, Sunye asked worried.

“Yes. Do we still have wine?”, Ye Eun smiled weakly. She was now determined to forget everything that had happen.