2

Just Yesterday

 

Betrayal.

It felt like he was slapped in the face.

Chanyeol curled into the blankets while the rising sun shined through his bedroom window. He wished it could go back into hiding.

The boy did not want to go to school today. He would tell his mom he was sick or something. Maybe for the rest of his life. He better get used to the bed.

It wasn't fair.

Kris and Chanyeol were best friends from the start. And they never had any real fights, so things went pretty well.

But he never expected to receive a kiss from his friend. Even during sleepovers Kris never tried anything!

Chanyeol shuddered, because any one of those times he could have been jumped.

How long had Kris felt this way? Chanyeol felt a wave of guilt wash over him for never noticing. But Kris knew Chanyeol loved Baekhyun, right?

Kris was by no means a bad kisser. No no, Chanyeol fell under the older's spell in five seconds flat. But that was pure lust, right? Not love. Maybe Kris only had lust too. But then why was he happy when he thought Chanyeol told Baekhyun? Wouldn't the exciting part of it be because it was a secret?

But it was just a kiss. Just a harmless, hypnotic, kiss.

And Chanyeol was ashamed that he wanted more.

Baekhyun was supposed to be his prince. His boyfriend even suggested that term. He would ride through storms and millions of miles just to see if Chanyeol was alright. And he loved the older for that.

Kris (until recently) was only a friend. Yes, he was the hottest guy in school who could pull off a face. He played basketball with more intensity than the pros. He even towered over Chanyeol, which wasn't easy.

It never occured in the other's mind that Kris could ever be more than a friend. Usually they just...acted like normal guys with each other. They saw horror movies, played video games, played sports, got dragged out to help their parents together. How was any of that romantic?

He was a bit more than confused. True, a majority of people always said he was hot. But once he showed his personality, barely anyone was still attracted. Why would Kris feel anything for him? Baekhyun had always just said his boyfriend was adorable.

Chanyeol sighed, because it didn't seem to matter anymore.

Because Kris ing Wu announced, just yesterday, that he accepted Tao's confession, and Chanyeol didn't know why it made him feel like he was being stabbed through the heart.

___________________

Being friend-zoned must . Never locked in, but I've stepped out of the way FOR friends.

Do you guys like this style of writing? Please comment!!!