The Present

Eternal Love

10 YEARS LATER..

It was a beautiful sunny day as all the children were playing around the yard, except one little girl hiding behind a big tree. She hides so none can see her crying. It was her first day there in the orphanage, her family had abandoned her and she felt so scared and alone. Her face is hidden in her arms trying to hide her sobs from everyone when she felt someone poke her on top of her head. She looked up to see an older boy starring down at her with concern in his eyes. "What's wrong?", he asked softly as he picked a leaf out of her hair. She starred up at him with big tears in her eyes and a little pout on her lips showing her sadness. "Please don't cry anymore. I know your new here and your probably scared, but do not worry because Oppa is here little leaf", he said soothingly as he gave her the leaf he had taken out of her hair. She looks at the leaf and then at him with wonder in her wide eyes, he simply smiles at her and says, "Gaja lets go play". He gentle pulls her up and they run towards the playground holding hands. BUZZZZZZZ......

 

Her alarm clock goes off and she wakes up once again with tears in her eyes as if it was routine. She rubs the tears away and jumps out of bed stretching and yawning at the same time. As she brushes her teeth her mind wanders to her teaching job she started last year at the university, she stops brushing and points the toothbrush at herself in the mirror and says determinedly, "It is the first day of school and this year you WILL NOT be mistaken for a student.  "She tends to say things out loud to noone in particular, a habit of hers since she was a child. She walks to her closet and starts digging through all her clothes trying to pick out a mature outfit for work. Unfortunately she does not understand it's not what she wears that makes her look so young, but the kindness in her heart reflects everything she does in her daily life. She also has eyes of a child full of innocence and wonder, a unique smile that shines and can light up any room she walks into, plus it doesn't help that she tends to pout cutely whenever something does not agree with her. She finally decided on a black suit outfit with a white button up shirt and black heels. As she finished dressing she takes a look in the mirror and is impressed with the outcome, putting her hair in a bun and wearing the fake over size glasses she bought the other day was a nice touch she thought. She takes a last look in the mirror smiling, " I LOVE my disguise now everyone will know I'm a teacher " she says giggling to herself. She gathers all her school materials and heads out the door ready to start a new school year. She feels a bit nervous and grabs her locket like she always does when she needs courage or comfort and says, "Wish my luck Oppa" as she kisses her locket. She breathes in and out slowly, nods to herself with confidence as she cheers herself on, "Shin Hye fighting".

 

She decides to walk to school since the weather is nice and she really enjoys watching people interact with each other. She likes to watch people interact but prefers not to interact with anyone. She loves her job as a teacher, and teaching her students is the most interaction she wants with anybody. She is aware that she's considered a loner or a home body but that's just how she likes it and how she has been living her life for the past 10 years. As she continues to walk to the university deep in thought she was not aware that there was someone following her since she left her apartment. That person looks at her with genuine interest wondering why his elder wanted him to follow this awkward clumsy girl. He shakes his head in disbelief as he watches her pick up her belongings she dropped on the ground for the fourth time.