Chapter Two

My Roller Coaster Life
-Chapter Two-
January 27th 2013
 
 
My jaw immediately dropped down to my feet when I walked into the Ahn’s house. Just like I guessed, the interior was nice (maybe even more than the outside). While my old house only had one floor with rooms that were too small and cramped, their house had three stories with rooms that are way bigger than my kitchen and living room combined.
 
When you first walk in, you see the foyer and the living room. Their floors were made up of hardwood and I have to tell you, it was spotless. The living room was a large space with a floor-to-ceiling containing a few expensive leather couches here and there, flower vases for decoration, and a large 80-inch flat screen TV. Between the foyer and the living room was a wide wooden staircase with metal railings that probably led to the second floor.
 
I was looking around when I heard a voice call me, “Soojin-ssi?” I looked up to see the Niel kid calling me from the second floor, “Your room is this way.” 
 
I sighed, “Alright. I’ll be up there in a second.”
 
With a nod, he moved away from the railing and continued showing Sungjong and Appa their own rooms. I heard him call them to where their washroom was.
 
As I walked up the stairs, I missed a step and hit my leg on one of the steps. Instantly, pain shot up my leg. I sat down on one of the steps and closed my eyes as I held my hurting knee and bit my lip to stop any sound coming from my mouth.
 
When the pain seemed to lessen, I opened my eyes and checked if anyone saw my little fail. Fortunately, no one saw, including that annoying Niel kid.
 
I slowly got up and winced when I felt a bit of pain from the space between my knee and ankle. I clenched my teeth as I tried walking up the evil staircase. The pain slowly faded away as I walked and before I knew it, I was on the second floor in no time.
 
With a smile of satisfaction, I gripped my bags and looked around the area for any signs of that Niel kid. Seeing that no one is in sight, I feel relieved. I wouldn’t want that kid to think that I’m some sort of klutz or anything like that.
 
Just like the first floor, the second is just as nice and obviously looks better than my house. Expensive-looking vases and art pieces brightened up the dull, white furniture. The staircase to the last floor looks exactly like the one I previously tripped on, except it’s a bit shorter and it doesn’t go up in a spiral. I look to see four doors: three bedrooms and a bathroom, I guess.
 
“Soojin-ssi, you’re here?” I heard that voice call me.
 
I turn around to face that Niel kid. As usual, he has that ‘friendly’ smile plastered on his too-small-to-be-a-guy’s face.
I tried my best not to sound too annoyed, “Yes?”
 
“I’ll take you to your room. You know…if that’s okay with you.”
 
“Sure.” He led me to one of the doors and opened the door for me.
 
“This one’s your room,” he points to the door across from mine, “and that’s the washroom.” With one last cringe-worthy smile, he descends the staircase to the main floor.
 
As I was stepping into my new room, Sungjong suddenly hugged me from the back. “Noona!” I threw my bags across the room onto the neat bed in the corner and faced my little brother.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I just came to tell you to hurry your small noona and get downstairs so we can eat.”
 
I smiled widely upon hearing this news, “Food?”
 
Sungjong rolled his eyes and groaned, “Here we go again. Noona, I know you love food and everything but you better behave this time.”
 
I feigned shock. “How can you say that to your noona?”I cross my arms, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I think I eat perfectly fine.”
 
“Yah, Lee Soojin. Stop pretending and get your downstairs with your brother.” Appa called from beside the stairs.
 
I exchanged a nervous look with Sungjong as we both walked over to him, “Coming.”
 
Appa slung his arms around mine and Sungjong’s neck, “Soojin, you do know that your brother is right, right?” Heat crawled up my face.
 
“Appa! How could you?!”
 

fan%2Bart%2Bexo-k.jpg
So...how is it so far?
I apologize for not updating for a really long time! I promise it won't take me as long as this next time~!
 
Please comment, subscribe, or be-friend me~ Thanks!
 
Mahal na mahal ko kayo~
~>laurinedee<~