"Don't be nervous."

Drowned by Dreams

Authors Note~ hey ^o^ I'm uploading from my phone and since that means that paragraphs don't appear, I'm going to try to not add any speech in this chapter, just so it reads better :) Enjoy :)

 

I'd managed to get back on my parents good side so that they'd let me go to the auditions. It wasn't easy but I was so determined. I'd also managed to balance practising for the auditions with my schoolwork, it meant I got a little less sleep but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Finally, it the day of the auditions. I arrived to see a long queue of other hopeful young people, all with the same dream. Most of them looked korean, or at least asian, but after spotting a few more non-asians I felt more confident. I wasn't the only non-asian auditioning after all. The queue seemed to move pretty slowly but I saw this as an advantage; it gave me time to go over my lyrics and my dance in my head before my actual audition. I was afraid to start up conversation with any of the people around me, in case they were busy practising in their heads too and didn't want to be disturbed... I thought having to wait a long time would allow my nerves to multiply but to my surprise, it just gave me more time to calm myself down.

After standing outside for the majority of the afternoon, I finally got called inside the building with around 30 other people. I assumed the process would speed up a little now. As I sat in the waiting room, the atmosphere was filled with excitement and nerves. I didn't want to let this get to me though. I took a lot of deep breaths and told myself not to be nervous. Why would they want to take on somebody who looked shrivelled and withered and NERVOUS? Surely, looking confident would increase my chances of being noticed. So that's how I tried to look and feel. And when my group of ten auditionees got called to the audition room, I strode in like it was something I did everyday. I was third in my group, this gave me time to grow accustomed to the room. There was two people behind cameras, a woman organising the cd's and two judges, both of whom looked very expectant and, if I'm honest, truly terrifying...

As the first person in my group started to sing, I felt my confidence waver... She was absolutely amazing! But, the nerves got to her; she forgot her lyrics. I felt bad for her but there was nothing I could do to help. The second auditionee started to sing and I immediately felt so much better. It sounds bad but because she wasn't a great singer, I figured this would make me look better and my confidence grew strong again. She didn't dance, so I was up straight away.

I walked to the center of the room and faced the judges. The man nodded at me to signal that I should start. Before beginning to sing, I took a long breath and then stared into the camera. As I began my song, I noticed how the room echoed and how it really enhanced the sound of my voice. Excellent. I'd chosen a song with a bit of singing AND rapping, in order to showcase more of my talents. I got through the song without a hiccup and all that was left was my dance. It hit me then that this was my only chance to impress, I couldn't mess up. At all. The intro kicked in and I let myself bask in the music. My movements were strong and fluid as I sunk into the song. When my time was done I looked up at the judges and bowed. It wasn't a custom I was used to but I thought maybe I could show them a little respect. After all, I was incredibly thankful for their time.

I headed outside, back on to the bustling city streets and felt a warmth grow inside me. I had just auditioned for my favourite korean entertainment company and it could not have gone any better. I could barely contain my ecstasy as I pretty much ran the whole way home. I was so exhausted, but it had definitely been worth it.

As I sunk into my bed and pulled the covers over me, I smiled. A long yawn escaped my lungs and my eyes felt as if they could not stay open a moment longer. Satisfied, I slept.