When I'm Being an Adult

Prince, and a Pauper

 

haha!my second story, at last!!well,, i had nothing to do when i'm posting this and this file was just still there. being dump in my laptop?hahaha. wll, keep reading and thanks for reading my story *bow

 

 

It’s already 6.30 A.M in the morning. If I still being poor like what I had before, I must be in a meat store where I work every morning before I’m going to a college with meat smell.. But that’s all changes when  my uncle found me in my apartment and asked me to live a ‘better’ live. Ok, I must say, living in a rich live is fun. But sometimes I felt really bored of it. I couldn’t do anything by myself. Even to wear a shoes or choose a  clothes, Maid always choose it for me. They said “Madame said, Mistress had to clothes properly. We just do the order, miss” ok, I knew they just do what they had to do. But, sometimes I feel uncomfortable..

KNOCK KNOCK! A knock sounds in my door. It must be Sooyoung, or  Jie, they always bring my breakfast to my room and prepare my needs. 

“Come in” I said. Right, it’s Jie, but she didn’t bring any trolley. 

"What happen?"

"Madame and Mister wait for you in the living room, miss.” It’s not normal. Aunt and uncle usually already in their office or with their client. I entered the living room with Jie. Then she bowed to me, after that to auntie and uncle. 

“Come here,Jill.”my uncle smiled to me. I really like them, they always nice to me. I sit beside them.

"Happy birthday, Kim Kida.” My aunt kissed my forehead. I just can smile. 

“Thankyou, Auntie.”

"do you know, why you called, Jill?”I don’t know, to be honest, actually I really didn’t know why they called me just to say happy birthday. I know they don’t like that. They’re a busy people. 

"actually,we already had a party for you tonight. And, we already had a fiancée for you. Your parents really like him. So, I hope you can accept him.”  I…cannot say anything.. 

“hmm, if that’s what my parents like.. I will auntie, uncle “ if that’s connect with my parents, I cannot reject it. They smiled. 

“the party is at 8.00 PM. You better take a rest for tonight.. I know you didn’t like it.. I’m sorry my dear. Your dad told me that he already had a fiancée for you.” Uncle said that to me.

"Ani.. Gwenchanayo Uncle. I know that dad want the best for me. “ I smiled. Then, they go to their business and I was busy thinking about what would I do in that party?! I just a poor girl that suddenly being rich because his father is a super millionaire! Help me!! Jie called me 

“Miss, you have to go to a saloon now. I’ll accompany you. “ 

“yes, I’ll be ready in 15 minutes.” That’s good. Somebody  had answered my question. Go to saloon, Manicure, Pedicure, Spa. I never do that because I never had enough money to spend at place like that. 

“Miss?” Jie come to my room 

“I’m ready Jie, Let’s go” then we got up into car.

 

We arrived at a saloon in the middle town of Seoul. 

“Let’s go, Miss” Jie open the door car for me. At first, I never get used to this. 

This rich man manner is really drive me crazy. We walked to one saloon that looked very exclusive.

”Jie-ssi..” 

"Yes, Miss?” 

“ do I really have to do this?” Jie really good to me. I know she could understand my self , She just smiled this time. 

“You have to look properly in front of the guests miss. I know that this isn’t make you comfortable.. But, you have to be patience,” She smiled again. This person is really kind. I just sigh.. 

“Let’s in, miss”

So we walked in to that place where Jie took me to one ajumma there and said 

“This young lady will have an engagement party tonight. Make her beauty, or else, I will kill you”that beautiful woman just laughed at Jie’s kidding. 

“Sure, sure.. I never look such a natural beautiful hair like this young lady had.” Then she grab my hand and said 

“Come on, miss. We’re gonna make you be the most beautiful woman that your fiancée ever see” she laugh. And I just could smile at that ajumma. 

“Help me, please.” I bowed to her.

 

 

AROUND 1 HOUR LATER…

“Jie, what do I look?” I asked Jie, she’s reading a newspaper around there. She stand up and start lookin’ at me 

“Aigoo, You really beautiful, Miss!” she shouted 

“Good job, ajumma!” she gave that ajumma thumbs up. 

“Not bad for an old woman.” She said to Jie. I feel relieve.. I thought that this saloon would be an super extra exclusive place where ladies didn’t care about other’s business except their’s. But, Jie and this ajumma help me to not feel awkward here.

” What about shopping for your new dress, miss?” that’s sound good. I nodded to her. 

“ok, then. You could go to the car first, miss. I’ll finish the registration”  after Jie finish the business, we go to the boutique near there. I just couldn’t believe my self. Around 1 year ago, I cannot buy anything that more than 20.000 won. And now, someone spent his money just to buy me a dress, and for my hairdo. Hahaha, I like that.

“So, miss.. Which one would you like to wear?” asked Jie. Actually, I don’t know what I want. Its all looked same to me. I shakes my head. 

“I just want a comfortable one, Jie.” I said to her. 

“You heard her, she want a comfortable one!” said Jie to the employee, the employee nodded and bring one dress, It’s beautiful, But, I don’t like the detail. Too much ruffles. 

“What about this, miss? It made by finest silk you could find” Jie looked at me. 

“So, do you like it?” I give her an ‘Uh-no’ expression to her 

“is there any other?” asked Jie. The employee  searched the other gown. I was bored, and I looking around while the employee and Jie discussed about the perfect gown. Can’t I just wearing my old dress?! I want to shout that to them, well, I’m not  comfortable wearing that kind of making me look beautiful, you  know? I picked the dress randomly. Suddenly, 

“That’s looked perfect on you, Miss!” Jie shouted. 

“Ah, Really?” I didn’t interested. 

“ Madame and Mister must be happy to look you in this gown! Ya, Ajumma, we will take this. How much?” asked Jie 

“you’ve picked the right gown, miss. This is made from the best Chinese silk, and the best Italian designer made it. It’s 350.000 won” smiled the ajumma. 350.000 WON?! Aigoo! I’m sure if I still being poor like what I did 1 year ago, I’m gonna use that to had a dinner in a pork tent and had a beer for 3 months everynight! But now..well, I was wasting it just for a gown?! I think this is the life of the rich.

"so, miss. how's ur feel after this all things?" asked Jie while she grinned to me 

"Aigoo, Jie - ssi! i think i just want to run away from all this and go to my bed with this Army Boot full of mud in my shoes, just to make them upset." i grinned back to her. 

"well, then you could make the maid just feel more and more annoyed with you, Miss" she smiled warmly. 

"Jie-ssi.." she looked to me 

"yes?" 

"well, you know, i just from a poor social class before. And now.. I suddenly become a rich girl. Can buy this one,could go anywhere. But also, i don't feel any kind of...'freedom' feel since I'm here. My life just to being with uncle and auntie. Being intoduced as their lost niece. I'm tired." I said to Jie. Remove all my heart outpuring. She silent for a moment

" I just can't say anything except just be sure that's your uncle and your auntie really do this for your sake miss. Just be patience.." She smiled again, really warmly.. 

I sigh.. well, i think that's the best advice i could get from someone. I just need to prepare my self for this stupid engagement.

 

 

 

ok.. what you think about it?her real name is Kim Kida. Kida means Hope. but her uncle and her auntie called her 'Jill'. Why that namme? her mom used to called her like that before she died. what you think about this fic? tell me your opinion, and please don't be a silent reader, ok!