Unexpected Meeting

Breaking

 

Krystal swung the bat with all the strength she had, taking her anger and rage out on the dimple balls. " school, love, everyone, life," she cussed every time she hit a ball.
 
Many people walked past the batting cage, and Krystal caught the attention of the majority of them. But none of them stopped to check up on her. All of them only saw her as a girl with an over-aggression towards dimple balls and possibly anger-management issues. But no one saw the vulnerable Krystal Jung that was slowly breaking. No one except for him.
 
Like Krystal, he too, was a high school student. He was walking home from school and past the batting cage when the raven-haired girl caught his attention. He stopped for a few seconds to watch her. At first, it was the beauty of the girl that caught his eye. From any other outsider's point of view, she looked like she was immensely focused on hitting the dimple balls. But he noticed the sadness in her sharp eyes, and her pained expression. She was definitely deep in thought, and whatever she was thinking must be pissing her off a lot.
 
So he decided to wait. He flung his school bag onto a nearby bench and sat down. For the next half an hour or so, all he did was sit there and watch her. He didn't get bored—not one second of it was boring. He observed the way she hit the balls, with so much rage and resentment. He was glad he had stopped to watch the girl.
 
Krystal was exhausted. She had been at it for almost an hour and had used up the last ounce of her strength. She grabbed her bag and exited the batting cage. Suddenly, from the corner of her eyes, she saw someone approaching her. It was a guy—a fairly handsome one—that looked to be about the same age as her. He was wearing his school uniform, but Krystal couldn't recognise which school he was from.
 
The boy gave her a small smile. "Annyeonghaseyo." He had a cute lisp.
 
Krystal looked at him with a cold, icy glare that sent chills down his spine. "Who are you?"
 
"My name is Sehun," the boy replied.
 
Krystal rolled her eyes and began to walk away. *What a creep.*
 
However, wherever Krystal walked, Sehun followed. He wasn't going to give up so easily. Finally, an annoyed Krystal halted and turned to face him. "What the do you want from me?" she snapped
 
Sehun winced at her tone. He had never met a girl who spoke like that before. "What's wrong?" he asked, his eyes filled with genuine concern.
 
Krystal scoffed. "What's wrong is that a complete stranger is stalking me wherever I go."
 
"I don't mean that," Sehun said, laughing softly, "I meant what's going on in your life that's made you so upset?"
 
For awhile, Krystal didn't talk. She studied the boy who was standing in front of her. She'd never met him before, yet, he acted like he knew her. "Look, I don't know anything about you, heck I've never seen you before in my life so stop acting like you know me and just piss off, okay?" she said through gritted teeth. She turned to leave but much to her dismay, Sehun still walked beside her.
 
"But you do know something about me," he said, "You know my name, it's Oh Sehun. Can I know yours?"
 
"No."
 
Sehun pouted. He didn't know why, but he was hell-bent on finding out what happened to this girl that made her act the way she did. "Hey, earlier on at the batting cage, I watched you, and you seemed like you had a lot on your mind. Is something going in in your life that's upsetting you?"
 
Krystal rolled her eyes. "Once again, I don't know you so just leave me alone and get your nose out of my business."
 
Sehun sighed and reached out to grab Krystal's left arm. She flinched at his touch. She looked down at Sehun's hand on her arm and back up at his handsome face. Sehun saw that she was uncomfortable and released her arm. "Look," he began, "I know something's wrong, and I may not know you, but I just have a feeling that I have a responsibility to cheer you up."
 
For the umpteenth time that day, Krystal rolled her eyes. "What are you, psychic? Just leave me the hell alone, pretty boy." Krystal moved her long legs and started walking again. Still, Sehun stuck to her like super glue.
 
The worst thing was, he didn't stop pestering her. He was like an annoying flee she couldn't get rid of. "Is the stress from school getting to you? Or could it be that the boy you like likes someone else? Maybe it's family problems..."
 
Krystal's eyes widened at Sehun's uncannily accurate guesses. Sehun noticed this too and smirk. "It's one of them, isn't it?"
 
Krystal shook her head and stared ahead. She had stopped walking again. "You're wrong, it's all of them." She finally decided to open up to this stranger. She knew he wouldn't give up until she told him, plus, she never had anyone she could confide in. Despite being annoying as hell, Krystal had a feeling that she could trust Sehun. And so, the two strangers went into a small eatery and sat down there. Sehun ordered two drinks for them. He could tell this was going to be a long talk.
 
Krystal ended up telling Sehun everything. She started with Taemin—but she didn't reveal his name. He was her best friend and the boy she has long been in love with. But he would never reincorporate her feelings, she knew that, because she wasn't his type. Taemin only took romantic interest in the nice and innocent girls, and Krystal was far from that. She was cold, and rude, and never had a problem with saying exactly what was on her mind, even if it meant being an ocassional . And the biggest problem was that Taemin had already found a girl that was perfect for him. In all honesty, Krystal couldn't name one flaw the girl had. She was perfect, and Krystal could actually understand why Taemin liked her so much. She tried extra hard at first, to be happy for her best friend. But in the end, her feelings for Taemin were too strong and she would hurt every time she saw the boy she loved so happy around another girl.
 
Then, she moved on to telling Sehun about how ty school was. People constantly judged her and compared her to her older sister, Jessica, who was a model student back when she was a student in her high school. The stress she received just by being related to Jessica was too much for her to handle. Everyone expected her to be perfect, like her sister is. But she wasn't. She really tried to step out of her sister's shadow. She did sports, something she was really good at that wasn't Jessica's forte, but people still regarded her as 'Jessica Jung's sister'.
 
Then there was her parents. They were constantly bickering. They basically had yelling competitions every night. Krystal knew it, and her sister knew it, that it wasn't going to be long until their parents were going to seperate.
 
Sehun understood now. He understood why Krystal acted the way she acted. Her life was truly messed up. After hearing everything, he was determined to bring happiness and joy back into her life—more determined than he had ever been to do anything in his life.
 
-X-
 
"What's your name?" Sehun asked.
 
Krystal hesitated at first, but finally decided to tell him. After all, she had just told him everything, no use keeping her name a secret. "It's Krystal. Krystal Jung."
 
"Krystal..." Sehun repeated, "Yeppeun neyo."
 
Krystal looked up at him. "What is?"
 
"Both."
 
It took Krystal a few seconds to fully process what he had meant. When she finally did, she rolled her eyes but couldn't fight back a smile. *That sly bastard.*
 
This was the first time he had seen Krystal smile in the few hours he had known her, and he could honestly say that she had the prettiest smile he had ever seen. Sehun smiled too. "I mean it though, you are pretty. I don't understand why that boy you like doesn't like you back."
 
"Maybe it's because people don't like each other just for their looks," Krystal pointed out, "As I said, I'm not likeable. My personality is , which makes me unattractive, even to blind people."
 
Sehun shrugged. "I don't think so. When you're not cussing and scowling, I find you very attractive. Especially when you smile."
 
Krystal couldn't explain why, but after hearing Sehun's words, she unexpectedly blushed. She looked away, hoping that Sehun wouldn't notice her flushed cheeks.
 
But Sehun saw the mild blush on her cheeks. He found it adorable, actually. She may act all tough, but inside, Krystal was just a vulnerable teenage girl going through lots of hardships.
 
That evening, Sehun walked Krystal all the way back to her home. They exchanged numbers and he told her that she could contact him anytime if she ever felt the need to talk to someone.
 
The same night, Krystal had no problem sleeping. She didn't cry herself to sleep like she did on most nights, and she wasn't tossing and turning on her bed like how she normally would when she was deep in thought about her majorly screwed up life. She fell into a peaceful slumber, and even had a pleasant dream.
 
-XXX-
 
A/N: How'd you find the first chapter? Leave a comment! I love feedback, especially when readers get really into the story ^^
Anyway, in case you don't know and haven't/couldn't google the meaning, yeppeun neyo means it's pretty. At least I hope I got it right, my korean is lacking :p