〈rant #o4〉 ┇ arranged marriages

Things that turn me off on aff

You tried to stop yourself from smiling as you looked at the delicious five-star food being placed neatly on the table. You hadn't eaten with your parents for two whole years.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's dig in~!" you exclaimed, holding up your fork and spoon.

"___-ah, your appa and I have planned an arranged marriage for you." Your mother suddenly stated in a calm voice, sipping on her cup of tea in an elegant manner.

"B-bwoh?!" You exclaimed in disbelief, standing up from your seat and slamming your hands on the table. "I am NOT going to marry anyone!"

Your father shot a death glare towards you. "Sit down." He ordered, but you did not oblige. "I SAID SIT DOWN!" he shouted. You whimpered and sank down onto your seat.

Your mother cleared and sipped onto her tea again. "Just as I was saying, we have planned an arranged marriage for you," You gritted your teeth and tried to prevent yourself from crying as your mother continued, "You will be marrying the son of Kim Inc. And just for your information, you cannot back out from this marriage because we have already signed a contract with the Kims. Try to run away, we'll lock you in your room until your wedding day."

You broke out in sobs and shook your head. 'Is this the reason why my parents returned to Seoul? To tell me they have arranged a marriage for me?' "I don't want to..." Your heart sank as you stood up and ran away.

Your parents' expression did not change. "Don't let her get away." your father said to one of the security guards.

 

 

Oh yes. Tell me that you enjoyed what I wrote above. STARE INTO MY EYES AND TELL ME.

No. The truth is, you didn't enjoy it at all. Do not lie to me. I can read your mind.

THIS ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME. STOP IT PEOPLE. THIS IS SO UNORIGINAL. SINCE WHEN IN 2012 DID YOU HAVE A RELATIVE BEING IN AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE? /breaths in and breaths out slowly/ yeah i should probably calm ma .

Yes. I've read a whole lot of arranged marriage fics. In fact, I've even written one fic like this before. Yup, that was last year.
 
I had just registered on AFF after being a anonymous reader for a few weeks. I found that arranged marriage fics were very interesting, so I started writing one.
 
And damn. I got 200+ subscribers in just 9 chapters. Then, one bright, sunny day, did I find out that my fic is one of those fics which are annoying me most right now.
Then, I deleted my fic without alerting my subscribers. Yeah, I'm a really responsible author, but let's get back to the point now.

Arranged marriage fics are really common here on AFF. Like really common. Hmmm, maybe even more common than roleplays? I don't know.

Again, PLEASE TO THE PEOPLE WHO READ THIS STOP THIS NONSENSE IMMEDIATELY! T^T

p.s i forgot to mention apply fics in the previous roleplay chapter.