More Bullies and Friends

School Age

Slowly but surely Daesung walked along trying to play his game.  He was on his way home from school when he noticed who else was in front of him.  Sure he knew that he kind of followed Jiyong on his way home, but he had no clue why the other two where there.  Ignoring it slightly he went back to playing his Doraemon game.

“Hey kid!”  A sixth grader called out to Daesung as he passed by the middle school.

Looking up from his now paused game Daesung knew who it was.  He always had been harassed by the middle schoolers since they were in the elementary school with him.  Just shuffling along his way he tried his best to ignore the older boys as he put his Game Boy away in his pocket.

“Aw,” one of the boys tripped Daesung as he walked by causing his Game Boy to fall out of his pocket.  Sitting up he saw the boy had picked up the system that Daesung had saved up for who knows how long, and bought himself.  The boy just looked back down at Daesung, “What’s wrong?  Did clumsy little you fall and drop this?  Well finders keepers, losers weepers.”

Getting flustered Daesung jumped up as best he could with his heavy backpack on his back to try and get the game back from the bully.  But it was kind of a hard reach since the older boy was in sixth grade and Daesung was only in second.  Eventually one of the other boys came over and pulled Daesung by the back of his bag away from the other boy who had the Game Boy.

The other one just took a look at the system and saw the game that was currently being played.  Chuckling to himself he told his friends, “Hey look boys!  We got ourselves a stupid little kids game here!”  Hearing this the other two laughed as Daesung fought to get away from the bigger boys.

“Leave it alone!”  Daesung yelled trying to take off his bag, but the kid holding him knew better and let the bag drop to the ground and grabbed Daesung by his arms.

“Oops,” the boy plucked the game cartridge out of the slot disrupting the game Daesung was currently playing.  Letting it drop to the ground the boy about put the Game Boy in his pocket to claim it for his own when some other boys came running in.



“Hey kid!”  The three boys were on their way to Jiyong’s house when they heard someone call out.  They stopped their joking about and turned around to see three middle school boys.  Although they didn’t seem to be talking to them.

Seunghyun and Seungri just shrugged it off as nothing and were about to turn around, but Jiyong stopped them by grabbing Seunghyun’s arm.  Stopping back to face the scene before them they all just sat there and watched for a second.  That’s when Jiyong couldn’t sit there anymore.

“Ah!  Jiyong!”  Seunghyun called out to his now “friend” who was marching off to defend another kid.



“Hey you!”

All attention was now on a small Jiyong that was quickly marching up to the middle school boy that was holding the Game Boy.  Seeing another little kid march up to him with such passion made him burst into laughter.  Not seeing what was so funny Jiyong stopped in front of the older boy and kicked him right in the shin.

“Ow!”  Holding his leg the boy hopped around and let go of the Game Boy.

“I’ll be taking this,” Jiyong picked up the Game boy and the game that they had dropped on the ground.  Handing it back to Daesung he smiled cheerfully, “I think this belongs to you.”

“Th-thanks,” Daesung stammered out.  The older kids that weren’t in pain just stood there not knowing what to do.  There was no way that they could hurt a little kid, even if he was attacking them.  Although the other boy had something else in mind.

Standing up right the boy came over to the two little kids, “Well looks like we got ourselves a hero.  Last thing you’ll ever be doing,” and with that he took a swing at Jiyong.

Closing his eyes Jiyong braced for impact, but it never came.  Opening his eyes Jiyong saw Seunghyun standing in front of him.  “Seunghyun?”  He asked.

Seunghyun had jumped in front of Jiyong to protect him from the hit, taking it for himself.  Glaring at the older boy Seunghyun asked him, “Well now that you’ve hit me what else you going to do?”

The kid just stood there in shock along with all of his friends.  They never would have guessed that their leader would have done such a thing to a little kid!  “Soohyun we better get out of here,” the one who hadn’t done a thing the whole time told his other friend that had been holding Daesung back.

“Yeah,” the other one quickly followed behind his friend.  Stopping quickly he called back out to the other boy who had hit Seunghyun, “Hey Kevin!  Come on!”

Snapping out of his trance he quickly called out to them, “Hey Soohyun!  Dongho!  Wait up!”  And with that he ran after them leaving the four there.

Daesung was now busy trying to make sure his game still worked, while Seungri walked up to see if Seunghyun was alright.  Jiyong was already seeing to that himself though.  “Hey!  What was the big idea?”  Jiyong demanded.  Seunghyun just shrugged in response.  Pouting and crossing his arms he told him, “I could have handled it.”

“Hey!”  Seungri interrupted.  Everyone snapped their attention to him.  Putting his arm around Daesung, who let out a sigh of relief that his game still worked, Seungri suggested, “How about he comes along with us to Jiyong Hyung’s house?”  Added in with a big goofy grin.

Everyone just stared at each other for a second and then smiled, with the exception of Daesung who had no clue what was going on.  “Alright!  Daesung~ah, you’re going to come home with me too!”  Jiyong jumped up and down.