Chapter 2

Meaning Of Life

It has been a few days already but me and Chorong still have not said a word to each other. Honestly, I like it; it feels good without having her stupid questions every two seconds.
Unfortunately though, every time I walk pass people at school they give me this weird look. I’m guessing they found out what happened and putting two and two together, I guess she is one of those so called ‘popular girls’. But then again I couldn’t care less.

Two days passed by and I took note that Chorong hadn’t come to school. Why? Because I have nothing else to do in class. Then one day I was just sitting minding my own business when suddenly the classroom became quiet. I looked up wondering what could have happened and there she was. She came in with swollen red eyes. She walked alone and everybody seemed to just stare at her. I’m guessing no one dared to go up to her at such a state.
I was also one of those people just watching her walking.

When she came to her seat she sat down with her head hung low. I’ve never seen her so down before, she’s always happy. I have to be honest, I was really worried. I mean sure, I dislike her and all but I guess she is a nice person..
“Ahh, Chorong…”
She looked up at me with no expression.
“G-gwenchana?” Our eyes met. Her eyes seemed to just speak to me, telling me that she was not alright, that something was really wrong.
She looked away and sighed.
“Ne, gwenchana..” I kept my gaze on her.
She seemed to hesitate before looking back up at me.
“Wae? You don’t believe me?” I said nothing and just stared at her, waiting for her to tell me the truth.

For a while we just both stared at each other.
I became irritated and began to talk.
“What happened? Did you break up with your boyfriend?” She furrowed her eyebrows at me.
“What boyfriend?” I blinked a couple of times before coming up with an answer.
“I don’t know.. I just wanted to start the conversation..” She stared at me with wide eyes before breaking into a grin, watching her do so I smiled with her. I felt proud that I got her to smile.
“Well, you’re a great conversation starter.”
“I know right!” We both laughed at our sarcasm.

“So are you going to tell me what happened?” She looked at me and smiled and for a second I thought I saw a light spark between us.
“Ani.” I could’ve sworn she looked like she was going to tell me.
“Ah wae?” I whined like a baby.
She giggled at my childish acts.
“Because you’re a baby.”
“Bwoh? Mworago?” Her giggle then became laughs.
“Joking! Don’t worry about it.”
After a few minutes of laughter she finally stopped and wiped a tear from her eye. Wow, I must be really funny to her!
“Can you tell me later?” I was determined to find out what happened.
She thought about it for a second, “Arasso.”
I smiled at my victory as she rolled her eyes at me.

The teacher walked in and class began.
I yawned as the teacher was teaching us history, honestly the only history I was into was Exo’s History… wait did that make me sound gay? Well, I’m not. I just look up to them and they’re dancing.
I turned to look at Chorong and she looked like she was interested in this subject.
How could anyone be interested in this subject?
I’m guessing she caught me stare at her as she turned to look at me and smiled.
I rolled my eyes at her, one minute she’s quiet and dark and the next she’s smiling like there’s no tomorrow. Something is seriously wrong with her… maybe she’s having mood swings, maybe it’s her time of the.. I shook my head, that’s gross, why am I thinking about that.

Finally after what I felt to be hours the bell rang for recess.
As I walked out of the classroom
“Who do you hang out with at break time?”
Her question caught me off guard. Who did I hang out with..? No one, that’s who.
“There’s no one..” Her eyes widened.
“Really?? How come?” Because of you..
“I’m not the best at making friends and I don’t think people like me around here…” She looked at me up and down.
“Ayy, what’s not to like about you. Oh well, I’ll hang with you.” I looked at her with suspicious eyes.
“Jeongmal..? Wae?” She then gave me a what’s wrong with this person look.
“Because we’re chingus! Come on, you ask too many questions.” I rolled my eyes at her as she pulled me to a seat.

We sat there silently eating out food, I looked around to see people staring at us. Chorong noticed me looking around so she did too. She gave a weird look as she saw people flinch away when she looked at them.
I laughed as she looked back at me.
“Bwoh?”
“Are people scared of you or something? When I looked around, they all gave me a death stare and when you look they look away straight away.”
“Nah, why would anyone be scared of me? I can’t do anything for shiz.” I laughed at how blunt she was towards herself.
We talked more until someone came by to our table.

“Chorong-ah” I looked up to see the guy from the first day of school.
“Oh oppa, is something wrong?” The guy glanced at me as he sat next to Chorong.
“Anni, well maybe. I heard that you were crying this morning. What happened?” I stared at them wanting to hear what she was going to say.
“Nothing happened.” She looked at me and smirked. She must’ve knew that I was listening to them.
“Gojitma!” Chorong pouted.
“”It’s true!” The guy gave a don’t lie to me face and she looked like she was giving in.
“Fine, I was walking to school and then this chick tripped me over and she didn’t even say sorry, it really hurt!” The guy seemed to believe her but I didn’t. I may not know Chorong that well, but I knew her enough to know that she would not cry over something like that and would not go down without a fight.
“Really? Omg, are you alright? Who is she? Does she go to this school?”
“Ne, kwenchana and I don’t know who she is and she certainly does not go to our school.”
The guy sighed and stared at Chorong. I sat there uncomfortably, it was like watching a movie in full, god damn 3D.
Her eyes then caught his eyes and she looked away, I couldn’t tell if it was awkwardly or shyly.
I was about to cough but the bell bet me to it.
The guy stood up and put his hand out for her, she gladly took it and stood up. He hugged her and said good bye.
 I stood there waiting.. Did she even remember that I was here too? My               question was answered when she looked at me and smiled.
“LET’S GO!” She linked her arms with mine and we walked off to class together.
“Are you doing anything after school?” Her question caught me off guard.. why did she need to know?
“Ani, waeyo?” She smiled brightly.
“Do you want to come with me to this new café?” I widened my eyes, she wasn’t asking me on a date was she?
She looked at me and waited for an answer, but when I didn’t give one she continued talking.
“My friend said that the café is really good and I really, really want to go there, but I don’t want to go alone because I’d look weird and lonely…” Ohh, she just wanted me to accompany her, ahaha. This is awkward now.
“Sure, why not..”

Sorry guys, it's been a while but a lot of things have been happening recently..
Can I ask you something? How do you use the reply thing on comments? Like am I suppose to reply to you guys there or do I just keep commenting on my story... I'm really confused.. Someone please answer me..
Thanks for being patient guys. <3