Chapter 2

Heart for Two

*1 Year Later*

(New Classmates)

Nicole's POV

I opened my eyes and stared at my window for a good 5 minutes. I turned to look at my clock which says 5:00 am on it. I heaved out a big sigh and grabbed my phone yet again to see if I received any messages. NONE. I ruffled my hair before heading to the bathroom to get ready. After taking a bath, I went down to the kitchen to look for something to eat until I felt someone tapping my shoulder.

"You're early today" my mom said. I just nodded and grabbed my cereal and headed right in front of our television. 

"mhm, this tastes good" I smiled as I continued to eat my breakfast. After finishing, I headed out of the house and walked to the nearest bus stop. 

"it's been a year..." I stared at the ring Shin had given me a year ago. I gave out yet another sigh as I hopped in the bus. I kept staring at the couple stitting right in front of me as they were being all lovey dovey. I pouted.

"Shin-ah, when will you come back?" I really miss Shin by that I mean A LOT. I wish he would come back today so I could be happy again. As the bus arrived, I immediately went straight to my seat and leaned my head on the table. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

"Amber" I smiled as I saw her.

"what's the problem? you know you can tell me" she grabbed a seat and sat next to me. 

"I haven't been receiving anything from Shin for the past 5 months. He totally forgot about me" I pouted as Amber held my hand.

"Maybe he's just busy with school. It's hard to cope up especially with the language you know?" I smiled. Amber does really know how to comfort me when I'm depressed. I gave Amber a big hug as she also did the same.

"cheer up Nicole okay? There are many fishes in the ocean" Amber jokingly said.

"Yah!" I slightly punched her arm and laughed along with her. Soon enough, our teacher went inside and Amber gave me one last smile as she went back to her seat.

"Okay class, today we'll have a new student" 

"great" I rolled my eyes. Who the heck transfers at the middle of the year? oh well, it's none of my business.

"please come in" the teacher signaled the person at the door to come in. I just laid my head at the table once more and closed my eyes. I'm not really interseted to new students coming in of the class. How I wish Shin was the one coming in.

"Hello Everyone, My name is Kim Myungsoo" I heard the guy saying and seconds later, the girls at our class were screaming like crazy. I heard whispers such as "he's hot" or "I wish I'd be his girlfriend" 

"Myungsoo just came from America, he's really smart. I hope you could help him adjust to our school okay?" the teacher said as ther girls were scraming YES! I mentally laughed at my classmates since they always react like that when a handsome guy usually comes in.

"You can sit right behind that girl over there" the teacher said. 

"okay class, bring out your books, we're going to have a very boring lesson today" the teacher sarcastically said.

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhh" the class pouted as I immediately grabbed my book and placed it to the table. I was about to open it when I felt some thing weird. I looked at my front and I flinched seeing all the girls staring at me. 

"What...?" I looked at them and they all gave me glares. I gave them a confused look as I looked for Amber in which I also caught her staring at me.

"The new guy's behind you" she whispered back as I gave her an ohh look. I then looked again at my classmates and smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm already taken" I told them and they all smiled. I then laughed at their silliness and then proceeded at listening to my teacher. A few minutes later, I was already feeling bored.

"what she said was totally true, this lesson is totally boring" I yawned as I grabbed my phone to text Shin.

To Shin,

Shin-ah, how are you doing? I miss you a lot :( please come back. I love you

Sent

Just then, I heard a phone ringing. The teacher immediately stared at me as I was holding my phone. 

"Jung Nicole!" I was there dumbfounded. "I-it's not my fault!" I said explaining the teacher. The teacher was about to head to me and hit me but then the new guy spoke up.

"I'm sorry, my phone was the one that rang" he said. 

"oh, then please change it to silent mode" the teacher smiled and went back to discussing in her own little world. I gave out a big sigh of relief.

*shoot that was close! I thought I'd be the one to be punished even if I dodn't do it* I decided to thank the new guy. 

"Th--" my smile faded as I saw him sleeping. 

"totally expected since this class is boring" I said and mentally laughed. 

 

Myungsoo's POV

"this seems to be it" I said as I went out of my car and stared at my new school. I then headed to find my classroom but I was being stopped by tons of girls.

"oppa, you seem to be new here" one girl smiled at me. I just ignored her and continue to walk but was stopped again by another girl.

"oppa, you're hot. Want to date me?" she said. I just gave her a glare and continued to walk again. As I was walking, I saw a girl running fast and heading towards me. Before I avoid her, she already hit me and we both fell into the ground.

"I'm so sorry" the girl said as she was getting up.

"look where you're going next time" I glared at her. 

"I'm so sor---" the girl stood there as she froze. I gave her a confused look as she went near me.

"Sh-Shin?" she said as she kept on going near me. I just stared at her as she suddenly smiled.

"Shin you're back!" she happily exclaimed and hugged me. I pushed her out of me as she stared at me.

"I'm Myungsoo" I told her as I was about to walk away.

"Myungsoo? Are you kidding me? I know you're Shin!" I stopped and gave her a weird look.

"Everything about you says you're Shin. Don't tell me you changed your name when you went to America?" she said.

"How'd you know I came from America?" I coldly stared at her. 

"You are Shin... Nicole would be very happy if she knew you arrived already!" the girl said as she ran off. She won't listen to me amyways and so I just shrugged my shoulders and went on looking for my room. 

"at last, I found it" the teacher then introduced me as the girls were screaming like crazy. The teacher then told me to sit right behind that sleepign girl over there and so I did.

Throughout the entire time, I was just staring at the board, pretending to listen to this boring lesson. Just then the girl right in front of me brought her head up and started texting. I smirked when I suddenly received a text message.

To Myungsoo

Myungsoo-ah, I miss you a lot :( come back here please? I love youuu

Krystal

I rolled my eyes as I turned off my phone. Just when I knew it, the girl in front of me was the one being scolded for my phone that rang. 

"I'm sorry, it was my phone that rang" I coldly said then decided to sleep.

 

*School Bell*

Nicole's POV

Thank goodness this lesson is over! time to head out for lunch. I grabbed my stuff and immediately went looking for Amber. Amber then smiled at me.

"thank goodness the new guy saved me" I told her and she just nodded. Speaking of the new guy...

"wait, I forgot to thank him" I tuned my head but he wasn't there anymore. I looked around to look for him but he wasn't there.

"go ahead Amber, I'll just catch up" I told her as I ran outside to find for the new guy but just then, I saw Hara running to me, totally excited.

"Cole-ah! you won't believe it!" she said, trying to catch her breath.

"what's up?" I asked her.

"Sh-Shin! SHIN IS BACK!" she said as my eyes grew wide.

"h-he's back?!" I asked Hara one last time and she nodded. Unknowingly, tears started to fall.

"let's find him!" Hara said as she grabbed my hand and we ran, looking for Shin.

"he's back... he's back!"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen next?