Three Hearts Broken - One Shot!

Three Hearts Broken

They were close friends ever since high school. Nicole was so happy that day to meet JinWoon. Nicole was wearing a pink dress that day whereas Jinwoon just wore comfortable trousers and casual tees. They met at coffeebeans and as soon as she saw him, he quickly sat down on a chair next to him.

 "Nice dress!" Jinwoon complimented.
"Thank you!" Nicole giggled shyly.

Then they were both smiling at each other.

"I.."
"I..."

They both wanted to say something, but Jinwoon, being a gentleman, let Nicole continue.
"I.. I think i've fallen in love..."

Jinwoon felt his heart was racing. Is it what he was thinking? He have never confessed his love for Nicole and never would he have thought that Nicole felt the same way towards him too. Nicole was giggling and Jinwoon too.

"I know..i know this sounds crazy but I think... I really love Kibum. Should I tell him?"

Jinwoon heart immediately sank when she mentioned Kibum. He was crushed inside but he didn't show.
"Go... Go tell him. Yes.. you should Nicole!"

Nicole replied, "really?"
Jinwoon nod his head to assure her. "Yeah! What are you waiting for? Go tell him like now! Go, go!"

The more he said that, the more crushed he felt. But the more he asked Nicole to go, the more excited she got.
"Alright then! Thank you Jinwoon!" She stood up from her sit and left Jinwoon.

Disappointed, Jinwoon called Kibum.

"Hey Jinwoon! How was it? Did you tell her?"
"No. Before I could, she said she love you.."
Jinwoon puts down the phone immediately. He was frustrated and angry at the same time. He don't even know why.



Nicole was knocking on Kibum's door, all smiling.
"Hey there!"
Kibum pretended to be shock.
"Hey what brings you here? Come come in!"

Kibum opened the door wider and sat at the sofa,Nicole sitting beside him.
"I came to tell you something..."
"HOW ABOUT NO!"
Kibum interrupted, Nicole got shocked and then Kibum started laughing out loud.
"HAHAHAHA Oh my god, you should've seen your face!!"

Kibum was laughing and losing control until knees knocked on the coffee table. Then his laughter died down as he started arranging the glasses on the table nicely.

"Who is that?" Nicole asked, her thumb pointing at a photo frame of Kibum and a lady which was on the table.
"Oh this is my girlfriend. Pretty isn't she?"


There was silence. Nicole was speechless. She didn't know what more to say. Kibum was still looking at that photo.
All of a sudden, thunder strikes and it started raining.

"Oh man.. I need to get my shoes outside." Key stood up and went out to get his shoes at the backyard.

He took a towel and tried to wipe himself dry. When he came back to the living room, Nicole was already gone. All he saw was his mum standing at the door.

"Ma, where is Nicole?"
"She left..." His mum was walking towards Kibum who stood there motionlessly.
"Why did you lie? What did I tell you Kibum? No matter what happens, never hurt the person you love."


"I .... I don't love her Ma." Kibum stuttered ,facing the ground.
"I'm your mum. I know you are lying." Kibum shook his head in denial. He was still facing down.

"Look at me Kibum and tell me you don't love her." His mum moved closer towards Kibum, now her hands on his shoulder.

Kibum looked up, crying.

"Even if I do, I just can't. How am I supposed to? to tell her that I love her and, that this man who is deeply in love with her is dying soon? How am I supposed to ma? How?"