Chapter 2: Great....

Seoul Academy for Boys and... One Girl: Senior Year

 

Chapter 2
 
I hadn’t really come up with any ideas for this festival thing we had to do. I guess I should try to think of something on my way to school. Hmmm…
Maybe a game thing of some sort… Usually something with a competition would get people in. Ah who cares I’ll just sit quiet during the whole class… I’m sure someone will come up with something good.
 
When I got closer to school I realised that the Sweet Peas or well their fans were going at it again
“P5! P5! P5!” My vacation without P5 hanging around was just so relaxing.. I forgot that they would be here again…. Why couldn’t they graduate last year??? Whatever… I went round the back of the school instead.
“Noooona!” Oh god.
I turned and saw 5 boys now waving at me. 
“Noona! You’re so cute in your school uniform!” Sehun said to me. 
“What… Are you doing wait-”  I noticed their school uniforms… “You don’t go here do you?” I practically begged.
“We’re new here!” Chanyeol said. “Meet our classmates!”
“This is Kai.” Wow.. He was pretty. “And this is Kyungsoo.” Beakhyun explained to me. 
“Noona is so pretty.” Kyungsoo said. 
I face palmed at that moment and walked passed the 5 of them. “You guys stay out of trouble!”
“We want to be your fan club Noona!” Chanyeol said and they started fallowing me. “It’s not fair those Peepee5s get a fan club and not you.”
I chuckled at the name he just said… Peeepee 5s… I ignored the five of them and continued to my class.
I plopped down in my desk and watched as the rest of my classmates finally piled in too. Onew looked like a mess though.
“What’s up?” I asked.
“I didn’t get here early enough the P5 fan club practically mauled me.” Onew sighed as he straightened his uniform. 
I smiled a bit I wondered if those fan girls would ever calm down. Weren’t they late for school?
 
“Alright class.. Any ideas?” The teacher asked as he came in. “I’ll write them on the board if it’s a suitable suggestion.”
Eunhyuk put his hand up. “A game center?” He questioned his own idea.
“Alright… Like what?” The teacher asked.
“You know the usual fun mini games at a festival.”
“That’s what everyone does every single year.” Jonghun muttered.
“Well you havn’t came up with anything yourself.” I argues with him defending Eunhyuk.
“I have an idea…” Jonghun said. “But I’ll wait to see if anyone here can come up with something better.”
“What about a concert?” Hyung jong suggested. “A lot of people here are capable musicians…” He said. “And I know a few here have great singing capabilities.” Hyung jong was right!
“S13 is doing that this year.” Kyuhyun said.
“Oh right..” Eunhyuk agreed. “Shindong was saying something about that.
“How about… Food?” Onew suggested. “Someone will want food. Chicken!”
“O11 already have that.” Nickhun mentioned. I sighed it didn’t seem like anyone had any original ideas.
“No one can think of anything else?” The teacher asked. “What would you guys want to see at a festival that you would actually want to spend money on.” Everyone kind of shrugged.
“I say we use the fact that we have a girl to our advantage.” Jonghun said.
“…..What?” I asked. What did I have anything to with anything.
“If it’s some strange y show you have in your head Minyoung is not doing it!” Eunhyuk practically growled.
“Don’t be ridiculous. I was thinking something harmless.. They do it in America all the time.” Jonghun explained.
“Like what?” Nickhun was curious too.
“A kissing booth.”
“OH HELL NO!” I yelled.
 
--
 
At lunch I was sitting with Nickhun and Onew chewing on my apple. 
“He’s kidding right?” I asked
They kind of shrugged and stared at me.
“I can’t believe you two voted on it with him.” I glared at them both. The whole class voted for it… EVEN KYUHYUN!
“MinYoung.. You’re not making out with anyone you’re just kissing their cheeks.” Nickhun explained.
“But their my lips! I’m not experienced enough for this!” I complained.
“Think of all the money our booth would make.” Onew said.
“Pffttt… Like anyone would pay for such a thing.” I whined. 
“Pay for what?” Wooyoung came in the room with Teac.
“MinYoung everyone at this school is wealthy… And now they get to pay practically nothing to them just to yak now.” Onew explained.
“Just to do what?” Teac asked. 
“Shhh It’s our booth plan for the festival.” Nickhun said.
“Why can’t we know?” Wooyoung asked.
“Because the whole school would be in an uproar and it may not be finalized yet.” Onew said eating his chicken.
I sighed… “Oh it’s finalized….” I grumbled finishing my lunch.
“Let’s go Nickhun we have to go practice.” Wooyoung pulled him out of the room. 
There was an awkward silence between Onew and I as we continued our lunch.
“It’ll be fine MinYoung.” Onew said.
“You’re not the one going around kissing everyone.” 
“Kissing who?” Taemin slipped in.
“No one no one.” Onew laughed.
“Kissing who MinYoung!” Taemin asked.
“Here’s chocolate.” I said and passed him my treat.
“MinYoung!” Taemin said. “Meet my junior!” 
I turned and looked at the familiar face from this morning…. Kai?
“Eh…. You know him?” I asked.
Taemin nodded. “He’s my junior Kai! We’re good friends. I’m showing him around school want to come?” He asked.
I sighed… Maybe it would be good to get out of this class room.
“I’m going to head to the library~” Onew said packing his lunch up. “Seeya~” He said with his dorky smile. I gave him a bit of a glare and then was dragged out my Taemin and fallowed by I guess shy friend Kai.
“Hey where’s Jonghyun and Minho.” I asked Taemin while we were walking.
“Their in the cafeteria eating.. Kai wanted to see more of the school.” Taemin explained. I nodded. 
“Where are you from Kai?” I asked.
“Here.” He said softly.
“Ah.” I replied… 
As Taemin chatted away explaining about the school as we walked along I glanced towards the outside. Oh! My old safe haven. The old library.
“Hey Taemin I’ll catch up to you later!” I said and practically ran off. 
 
Oh Piano how I have missed you. I hit a key and just sat on the chair. How is it that when I was a t home…. I never wanted to be alone but whenever I was here all I sought after was solitude… I just had some strange feeling that this year was going to be a big one.
“Hey MinYoung!” Ah Jonghyun.
“Hi?” I said looking up from my hands.
“Can I ask a favor from ya?” He asked casually and walked in with music sheets. “You’re better at piano than me wanna play this for me?” He put the music sheets in front of me. So I did… It was  a bit different then what I was used to playing
(http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=rsiSaoOcruKHO8vg2qn2 ) (I just really wanted to share this with you all that and we havn’t had cheesy piano playing in a while ;) )
As I was playing I was mesmorized at the song it was so pretty. 
“Yah… Jonghyun did you… compose this?” I asked.
“Sort of… It’s a work in progress.” He said nervously. 
“Jonghyun! You’re amazing.” I replied. “You know Piano always makes me feel better. You seem to swoop in at the right time. If you want help with it just let me know.” I thought that projects like this would help me stay out of trouble anyways.. And music always brightened everyone’s day.
“Thanks MinYoung.. Now that I know what it sounds like without me playing it I think I know what lyrics I want to put.” He smiled and took the sheets and walked off.
However I continued to play that song for the rest of lunch.. Well What I remembered of it.
 
--
 
The rest of that day was pure studying. They weren’t kidding when they said this class was going to be more difficult. I was lucky that being from america I had a great understanding of English. I can’t believe they wanted us to write a whole essay in it. Although I’m pretty sure everyone in the class was good at English their parents have probably forced them to learn it at a young age… oh the troubles of being from a strict wealthy family.
 
“I don’t know what to write about.” I said looking at the paper.
“It’s not due for a week MinYoung.: Onew chuckled. 
“Yeah but.. I still have no idea.”
“You need to find something you’re passionate about and write a good argument.” Onew said. I liked that he sat next to me.
“Yah Minyoung!” Eunhyuk said. “I don’t know what to write about.”
And then both Onew and I laughed.
 
That night while walking home from school Eunhyuk and Shindong and I went to that familiar noodle place.
“Minyoung!” Kim Sang Bum said and waved. “It’s been too long. The usual?” I nodded.
“It has.” I said and shlumped at the bar table. Eunhyuk and Shindong joined beside me.
“This one will be on the house since your whole kidnapping fiasco.” He chuckled, “Glad you’re back.”
“Thank you.” I replied.
“You’re not the same though.” He mentioned.
“Eh?” I asked.
“You seem… Tired.” Kim sang bum said and got back to work.
“What does he mean by that?” I asked the others.
“Well.. You went through a rough year I guess he means that you seem exhausted. Last year you were a lot more… peppy.” Shindong said bluntly.
“I can’t exactly make my self feel better.” I replied.
“Yeah.. But you need to find something to drive for.” Eunhyuk said. “You’ve lost that spark.” 
 
It hit me. Kind of hard… They were right.. I have felt like I have always been missing something.. I was always being grouchy and glaring at everyone. Last year all I wanted to do was beat Kyuhyun at his tests and win a dance competition.. Things kind of went down hill from there… I couldn’t really blame anyone. But I needed to find my confidence.. My spark.. Something that made me want to get up everyday.
And then I heard the bell ring and someone enter the shop.
Kyuhyun. Whatever drove me to him last year that much really surprised me. His calm and reserved persona just made me relaxed looking at him. His facial expressions rarely ever changed. He always seemed to be alone but he seemed so content with his life.
“MinYounnnng….” Eunhyuk waved his hands in front of me.
“Mm?”I said.
“You’re staring.” He reminded me that I was indeed in reality. 
 
--
 
So I went home that night and sat in front of my computer. For a while I stared at a blank screen waiting for it to do something.
BING
“DAD!” I yelled at the screen. He was trying to skype me.
I immediately clicked on the invite and was so excited to see their faces. That I balled out in tears.
“MinYoung~~ Dear what’s wrong? Upset to see your own father!” He yelled at me.
“No I’m so happy dad.” I replied. “Where’s mom?”
“Oh she’s living the dream at the spa right now.” He chuckled. God I missed them… I almost forgot what it was like to be with them.
“Is your ritrement good?” I asked.
“Oh it’s wonderful… Your uncle sure was generous.”
“He should be.. You’re his older brother.” I replied.
“Right right.. I forget sometimes.” He laughed.  “Is everything well?”
I nodded, “I got enrolled in a special class.” I explained all about it.
“I knew you got your mind from me.” He replied laughing. 
Gosh just seeing him laugh made me so happy. “I miss you guys.”
“We miss you a lot too MinYoung, You’re really making us proud. Remember to keep fighting and remember that we’re always here to support you!”
“Dad.”
“Yes dear?”
“I want to go home.”
 
 
---
 
A/N
 
Hello all~
Sorry for the long wait DX I didn't realise how long it had been and with the site going all screwy I just wanted to wait until it was all over.
Please forgive me~
Anyways. I am surprised so many people are guessing what the booth was already.. I guess i made it a little obvious no? XD
Ok! And I kind of like the whole IU idea... I really like her though making her out to be a ... well pain in the would be kinda hard for me XD
SO~
Lastly
 
Time for QUESTION OF THE DAY
 
If you could be MinYoung for a day waht would you make her do??
 
Thanks for reading everyone!